Beta-testers Wanted: Keldorn romance mod

berelinde

It will be another 2 weeks before the ToB content is ready. The writing and dialogue coding are done. All I have to do is slap some script around it (takes about 3 hours) and do the alpha testing (takes about a week). I just got sidetracked on another project and put this one on the back burner over the holiday weekend.

But it is good to see that there's some interest here.

The alpha-testing went well and the beta is ready. If you would like to beta-test this mod, there is no need to start another thread for it anywhere. Just introduce yourself so I know who to thank, download the mod using the link below, and post any findings here. With that in mind, please consider PMing me about any content that would make you blush if you had to read it aloud to your grandmother.

This mod adds a lot of new content. If you are installing it on an in-progress game, you will definitely need to use string-fixers for any mod NPCs you might have. Starting a new game is strongly recommended. Please note that the way you start the romance has changed ever-so-slightly. Some players may want to pursue the romance some play-throughs and give it a miss on others. This version allows you to do that. Please check the readme for particulars.

[ download link removed ]

Well, tried something different with the way the romance began and it turns out that it is too unreliable to use. It worked fine in alpha testing, natrually, but some users are having trouble getting it to start. Something about the quirky nature of EXTEND_BOTTOM on a state that doesn't already have PC replies. Darn. For the time being, we'll revert to the old behavior: if you make a female PC who meets the eligibility requirements you choose, the romance will begin. Sorry, I really wanted to give folks the opportunity about whether to pursue it or not, but it looks like some more extensive offline testing is required before I can let that component loose upon an unsuspecting world.

If you began a game using beta 20120116, you do not need to begin a new game, but you should go back to a save before you brought Keldorn to talk to Maria. If that's impossible, send me a PM and we'll see if we can work out the variables to let you carry on.

Download Beta 20120118

First off, having a lot of fun seducing Keldorn. The cherries were priceless! That's what he gets for telling my little bhaalspawn "I love you, but I know what's best for you." Gahh! He will be mine yet. ;) Now for the age old question, when is it safe to leave for Spellhold and become a soulless monster? I did after the splinter talk but I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. I don't seem to have broken anything as I did get an interject at the change, but he hasn't said a word in the Underdark. So I just thought I'd check before I got too much further into it. Thank you, much love!!

Edit: Made it to ToB successfully! Had a moment of panic when forcetalking him between Sarevok and the Gavid challenge (flirts unavailable), but all was well after the challenge. :) Have you ever considered adding Keldorn initiated flirts? And (cough) sex (cough) I know I know.. pushy players, always wanting more from you busy modders. :)

Archived