Planning a romance

ericp07

Does the strategy I described not agree with what you, berelinde, and cmorgan say about this? Scripted/event-based stuff in J, non event-based (random) stuff in B? Oh, and D.baf containing nothing besides on/rest script, and after-rest script in mynpcD.baf? Where am I going wrong? And by wrong, I mean where does this conflict with your strategy?

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that you intended to put only night talks in the J, but that you were going to put all other scipted, sequential dialogue in the B. If you're planning on putting only random stuff in the B, you should be fine.

If you are naming your dream script mynpcd.baf and your override script mynpcs.baf, you would put the before-rest banter scripts in mynpcd.baf. Everything else goes in mynpcs.baf. ???

Ah, yes, sorry...I meant after-rest romance script(s) will go in EP#Hin.baf, not EP#HinD.baf, as I understand that the latter is for the before-rest script only. Whew! :hm:

Thanks,

Eric

Make things easier for yourself ??? Check out this tutorial. It's easy to understand, and includes three dummy files that you can download--dream script, script, and J file.

Thanks very much! The files were already on my HD :hm: So, I'll take a look with the tutorial soon.

Happy modding,

Eric

Archived