"Divine Remix" questions and suggestions

Black Phoenix

First, all praises for any and EVERY great mod that G3 made that made a perfect game even better (although that, theoretically, shouldn't be possible) ???.

Second, "Divine Remix" is an excellent mod and I love the fact that I can implement original P&P rules and restrictions on Baldur's Gate to make my gaming experience even better.

Now, I'm writing because I want to ask is there any way to install Nightcloak and Battleguard kits ONLY for Viconia and Branwen respectively? You see, I wanted to install these kits: Morninglord, Watcher, Stormlord, Silverstar, Painbearer, Firewalker, Hearthwarder, Feywarden and Strifeleader for selection at the starting screen (notice that there are 9 kits, as per on-screen limitation), but I also wanted to install Nightcloak and Battleguard for Viconia and Branwen so I could give some uniqueness to those NPCs. However, that would require me to install said kits for PC also, and I would lose the ability to select last two kits (actually, I lose only Strifeleader, but I could lose Feywarden also if I choose to be an elf!).

Alternately, is there any way that I can install ALL kits, but choose (by means of some alternate program) which kits will be available and visible at the start of the game? It's really tedious to re-install everything every time I want to try something new.

Why do I think that sould be done? Adding specific PC-unselectable kits to some in-game NPCs will make them even more valuable considering that they would have some powers that PC couldn't have.

Think about that Nightcloak kit for Viconia. I think that you could add that kit a race specific requirement, considering how Shar is more of a drow goddess anyway. That way, the kit could be installed for her, but will not be selectable unless PC is not a drow (which, as you know, cannot be selected). In terms of Branwen, that race limitation could not be applied so some other way should be found in order to restrict Battleguard kit for only her. And, of course, you can always thing of adding some other special kits for, let's say Valygar (perhaps I misspelled his name, sorry about that upfront).

Thanks for your attention and I hope that I didn't bore you. Salutations! :hm:

Now, I'm writing because I want to ask is there any way to install Nightcloak and Battleguard kits ONLY for Viconia and Branwen respectively? You see, I wanted to install these kits: Morninglord, Watcher, Stormlord, Silverstar, Painbearer, Firewalker, Hearthwarder, Feywarden and Strifeleader for selection at the starting screen (notice that there are 9 kits, as per on-screen limitation), but I also wanted to install Nightcloak and Battleguard for Viconia and Branwen so I could give some uniqueness to those NPCs. However, that would require me to install said kits for PC also, and I would lose the ability to select last two kits (actually, I lose only Strifeleader, but I could lose Feywarden also if I choose to be an elf!).

Alternately, is there any way that I can install ALL kits, but choose (by means of some alternate program) which kits will be available and visible at the start of the game? It's really tedious to re-install everything every time I want to try something new.

Why do I think that sould be done? Adding specific PC-unselectable kits to some in-game NPCs will make them even more valuable considering that they would have some powers that PC couldn't have.

If you want Viconia to be a Nightcloak and Branwen to be a Battleguard, but not see those kits at character generation, you can do that by installing Divine Remix in two separate steps. First, install only these components:

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything): v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia: v6

Once that's done, re-start Setup-Divine_Remix.exe. Select [N]o change for components that you've already installed. The first new component should be one that removes cleric kits from the character generation screen. This will get rid of Battleguard and Nightcloak, and you can start installing the kits that you do want to see in character generation.

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Cleric Kits -> Remove Mod Kits: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #127 // Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit: v6
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit: v6

If you want to install some of the ranger and druid components as well, it's probably easiest to do them with the second batch.

For a more general "install all the kits, but let me choose which ones I want to see at character generation without uninstalling anything", it requires a little work on your part. The K_C_x.2DA files control which cleric kits show up for the different races. The format is fairly simple: each row corresponds to a kit, and the kit number matches the kit number in KITLIST.2DA. For details, see here. You could manually edit these when you wanted to change what kits show up.

@Mike1072: Thanks mate! I knew there was a way to do that without some external program, only I installed this mod i 3.30AM so I didn't quite thought it through (I was really, really tired)! I posed a completely noob-like question! ???

@berelinde: I haven't tried that yet, I might give it a go! Thanks!

@Ipsy: I know that Viconia's race is technically an elf, but frankly, that annoys me completely. Drow, as a sub-race of the elves, have their own special abilities which exceed quite a lot from other characters. But they also have a weakness to light that could be used as an advantage in combat, so that's why it bug me that Viconia is not a "complete" drow.

Thanks everyone for their fast answers! :hm:

Archived