BAM Files

CoM_Solaufein

Oh, if you're asking about what to put in override, you'll have to check for yourself. If it doesn't work, then you can switch, but you should be able to just drop most anything from another game into BG2 without having to mess with it.

I've used one or two BAMs from Planescape for my mod. Other than using the correct form when extracting them from PS:T (compressed or uncompressed, I forget) and setting the right coordinates in DLTCEP, it works like a charm in BG2.

Yeah, don't take stuff from PST. They're probably all the wrong size for other IE games.

When we say interchangeable, it really means for only BG and IWD series. PST doesn't count. :-)

The only thing I really found PST good for is areas. The game itself sucks and trying to mod it is terrible.

I've used one or two BAMs from Planescape for my mod. Other than using the correct form when extracting them from PS:T (compressed or uncompressed, I forget) and setting the right coordinates in DLTCEP, it works like a charm in BG2.

What would be nice is have someone who is knowledgeable in BAM/graphical work do that for a bunch of PST BAMs and release it for anyone to use. That game does have some neat item BAMs.

They'd have to be resized for BG2, that's about it AFAIK. For BG2 inventory BAMs, the small frame has a max of 32x32 whereas the large frame's max is 64x64 (though nearly all BG2 BAM large frames are smaller than that, except for very large items like halberds). You could try running them through the BAM Resizer on PPG. It works for creature animations. Haven't used it for item BAMs but they are far simpler than CRE animations. On top of that, PS:T does not have description BAMs (nor do the IWDs) so you'd have to draw or render those from scratch unless there's already other fitting ones in BG2.

Archived