D: I can't figure it out... MotB endings..

Ok... I've played through MotB TWICE now. I told gann off, specificied to Jerro that "no he can't be dead, I would feel it!" for Casavir.. and told in the end that I still liked Casavir to gann... and yet... I still get the "Gann's a loyal companion and loves you" Ending while everyone completes their rest... but no happy ending!

TAT

Someone tell what went wrong here.....

And if I HAVE done everything right... Use WE Game if the game is still installed, record it, and put it on youtube... I just want to see it..

-[side note]-

Yes, I am a sand fangirl, but HELL he ain't a romance option (yet), I took what I could get and I DEMAND A CLICHE HAPPY ENDING!! T^T ???

When you told Gann that you were still in love with Casavir, did you do this during a regular dialogue, or did you do it through a player-initiated dialogue. The only way that works is if you choose "talk to Gann" and do it that way.

When you told Gann that you were still in love with Casavir, did you do this during a regular dialogue, or did you do it through a player-initiated dialogue. The only way that works is if you choose "talk to Gann" and do it that way.

Err wha...? D8

"talk to gann"...? is that supposed to be before the "flirt with gann"? When you say "I wanted to ask you something.."?

I don't have that... ??? I even put gann's influence to 100 and it's still not there....

oh no... I feel the nwn2 game ending depression setting in... D:

You would be flirting with Gann, but if you scroll *all the way to the bottom*, there's an option to tell him that you don't love him and can't because you're still in love with someone else. It's there.

You would be flirting with Gann, but if you scroll *all the way to the bottom*, there's an option to tell him that you don't love him and can't because you're still in love with someone else. It's there.

Ok... while flirting with gann...

here are my options...

1. [Watch gann on the streets of mulsinter]

2. Have a drink with me sometime, Gann!

3. [Push the hair back from Gann's Face]

4. If you were a frog as a prince and I kissed you, you'd still look like a frog..

5. I wish I wasn't to recruit prisoners. You are a pointless, useless creature with an ego. Argh.

6. Gann, I like you, but lets not flirt for a while..

there's no "can we talk?"

???

Hopefully, Domi will show up soon and clarify. If not, I can take a look at the files tomorrow night. I won't be able to access my NWN2 computer until then.

Nevermind... I figured it out... I read the missing flirts thread and put two and two together..

talk to him in skien, raise his influence to 76 or higher...

Flirt with him...

then say... "I love another!"

HAH! I just got the ending right now! But... are you SUPPOSED to be standing outside when the ending is done...? I still liked it more then the credits.. but is that supposed to happen? (kelvnmor is TAAAAAALLLLLL)

Well done =w= I got my resolve! :)

the whole mod was nicely written and believable too =D ^_^

Those endings are a pain in the... you know where. I hope once I have Neeshka all added in, we can have a conference with Berelinde to straighten them out before she starts implementing Sand. Heh, now I am starting to feel like I am really back into it. Bug reports... heh.

Those endings are a pain in the... you know where. I hope once I have Neeshka all added in, we can have a conference with Berelinde to straighten them out before she starts implementing Sand. Heh, now I am starting to feel like I am really back into it. Bug reports... heh.

:OOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Speaking of which..

Does the sand romance have an ending like the original romance options?!

=w= that's like the icing on the cake! :) :)

Okay, here is my question - I have tried the romace pack in OC and loved it, it actually made me laugh several times so that I almost fell off my chair (Casavir destroying the orchard together with Khelgar, lol) and was hoping to test it in MoTB expansion.

Understand this - I am a "Bishop" fangirl, so the romantic pack alternative ending to the OC finally made me a little happy with what the designers of the original game screwed because of the lack of time (have even read on wikipedia that Neeshka and Bishop were also the original romance options but this was skipped because of the lack of time, when nwn2 was released - you get a lot of hints in OC in this way, as in something like that should happen... and it isn't happening at all) And... after trying the romance pack in MoTB I am all but frustrated.

Back to my problem - I downloaded and installed the full romance pack, I did everything as indicated - i.e. I put Gann down not only in his original dialogues, but also in the "talk with" options via telling him specifically that I do still love another (Bishop), I told Bishop not to give in and wait for me in the wall, that I will come for him... when talking with Ammon Jerro, there was not a line about Bishop (just what I guessed were the "prompts" for other OC romance epilogues for Neeshka, Casavir or Elani and then some kind of options to"mourn the dead friends"; I don't know, if I shouldn't have got a possibility to tell him I KNOW what happened to Bishop and will be able to do something about it... well it wasn't there), then I rejected Gann again (at the Betrayer's gate... poor Gann)

(anyway - when I reject Gann's feelings in the original dialogue, the flirt option simply disappears for me, so after that, there was no way of telling him I do love another... only before the Skein)

and... I get to the wall and get the "bargain" options with Kelemvor, I know he will always tell "no" so no problem with that, I argue with him anyway; do the fighting with the faceless man and come back to the City of Judgement and get what?

...the silly Gann romantic ending/epilogue, that tells me I married him (after telling him 3times I do NOT love him, omg), or if I choose the "bad ending" it still tells me Gann stayed with me until the end either in the City of Judgement to guard Akachi or when travelling the world as the first of the new line of spiriteaters... not a word about poor Bish waiting for me there in the Wall :)

I seriously played the MoTB campaign like three times through, even that one time keeping Gann's loyalty under 50 so that he wouldn't be so eager to follow me... no change at all... don't get a Bishop's epilogue no matter what I do. Is it bugged, or do I simply run a wrong patch of the game, or? (got the newest patch I think)

thank you in advance for reading this "spam - novel" and replying,

Saya

If you send me your globals.xmls from the last save you have before talking to Kelemvor, I can do a fist check on the globals. If that doesn't help, then I can run your save to see why you can't shake Mr. Blues off.

If you send me your globals.xmls from the last save you have before talking to Kelemvor, I can do a fist check on the globals. If that doesn't help, then I can run your save to see why you can't shake Mr. Blues off.

Hi, Domi,

thank you so much for such a quick reply - I had to reach my PC back home and saved games etc.first - only to discover that I had already deleted the saves (probably as a result of that Gann-stays-with-me-forever-frustration).

Not that I wouldn't like his character, the emo-shaman is so much fun to have around (I like the name you've given him - Mr.Blues :) - but anyway, I have played the game long ago without the mod, so I'd had enough of that sappy Gann-redeemed ending and wished to see the ending according to the nwn romance pack design)

So - what I did the last few days - I really played it through with the same char again for like... eh.. the 4th time... to see, what I was doing wrong - and to have that .xmls file to send you, if it went the same gann-ever-after way again... and gee, this time it worked.

The things I did differently: I didn't speak to Gann at all as soon as his influence reached 50... kept him silent (funny thought, though, Gann and silent) up to the Betrayer's Gate, only gained influence with him via 3rd character's dialogues and situations... and as soon as he started some kind of love confessions, I made it the "we don't have time for this" dry option.

then I rejected him via the "flirt" option, right after we passed through the Gate. And there it was, actually.

So now I guess there was a problem with the globals file (those 2 bishop variables) messing up when going through the Gate, when I played that through before? And also with rejecting him too soon, or I don't know.

This way I didn't catch a single feat from Gann (the dreamer's eye etc.), though I actually had influence with him 100. I actually do like his "narcissistic" comments, kind of missed them ... okay, it was worth the patience, I believe, to have the "Bishop" matter resolved :laugh: and thank you and berelinde for the romance pack, it's hillarious.

PS. I have gathered as much from this forum as that there was some kind of Sand flirt pack being planned? Is it true? Cause that would be AN achievement, I guess. I mean, the guy is so sharp and witty, anyone trying to do this mod has my infinite respect =)

Archived