Bottomless Bags of Holding not working/bugged?

dnd4me

I just installed the latest BG2 Tweak Pack. I chose the option for Bottomless Bags of Holding. When I loaded the game for the first time, I tried adding more than 20 (default cap it seems) scrolls to one of the Scroll Cases I was carrying (was carrying 2) and it tells me "The Container is Full". Same result for a Gem Bag as well.

I exited the game, reloaded the Fix Pack .exe and did a "re-install" option for this item and it still didn't change anything.

I'm new to the game, so not sure what other things I'd need to share to help you guys zero in on what the problem is.

I'm running latest official ToB patch, latest BG2 Fixpack, and just installed the latest BG2 Tweak Pack, nothing else.

tyia! =)

Just an update. I ran the tweak program again, and this time chose "uninstall" for the Bottomless Bags tweak and left everything else unchanged and pressed enter to exit at the end. Then I ran the tweak program again and installed the Bottomless Bags tweak, exiting at the end. Still no change. "The container is full" at 20 items.

Just to be clear on it, this tweak has no effect on bags in your possession. So if you installed it after you had acquired the scroll case it is possible that is the reason the storage capacity is not increased. Similarly, if you install it, pick up and use a bottomless bag and uninstall it, the bag will remain bottomless.

Just to be clear on it, this tweak has no effect on bags in your possession. So if you installed it after you had acquired the scroll case it is possible that is the reason the storage capacity is not increased. Similarly, if you install it, pick up and use a bottomless bag and uninstall it, the bag will remain bottomless.

Ahh ok. If I sell either bag to a vendor and buy it back, will it change it? I just discovered a similar trait with the "no traps/locks" mod. Apparently if you've already entered an area, it doesn't alter the locks/traps currently in that area? But does remove them if you have yet to enter an area. In my limited testing this seems to be the case anyway.

Thanks for the reply =)

Selling the bag doesn't work. If you find a different bag after installing the tweak it should work. But it really has to be different. If, say, your current scroll case is bag03 and you use the console or e.g. Shadow Keeper to give yourself another bag03, that scroll case will also be limited to 20 items. Also, having duplicated bags like that is bad, so don't do it.

Archived