Amber Globals

Guest thelebk

Guest thelebk

I would like to try the romance path with Amber in my existing game of SOA. Some background:

1) Character Kensai-9/Wiz 14... INT19 CHA12

2) My game is *heavily moded* with great packages from both G3 and PPG

3) I just followed the Nalia Romance to completion. I set her PGNaliaRomanceActive to 3 so she would stop interjecting and so that I could dabble with some of the other romanceable characters.

4) I have decided to go for Amber. Before my relationship became exclusive with Nalia, Amber used to interject with her theme music and ask various questions. I found it enjoyable. Once things with Nalia got hot I never heard from Amber again.

5) I set The M#AmberRomanceActive to 1, but this has not worked. Shortly thereafter it automatically resets itself to 3. What additional parameters am I missing to be able to initiate the romance option with Amber mid game?

6) I am using shadowkeeper to do adjustments. I am not a modder or a programmer, but Shadowkeeper seems fairly straight forward.

Any advice would be most welcome! Thanks. ???

You'll be on the safe side if you start a new game with Amber. If you want to romance her, that is. Alternately you can try her friendship track which could continue (after Underdark) despite your relationship with Nalia. That depends how far you got with her, though. If you remember what was the last thing she said or gave me M#AmberTalk locals variable I could tell you if she's still on the friendship track.

Amber is more complicatedly built than a bioware NPC, so simple chancing of one variable wont to do the trick. The varibles you vould have to change correctly would be at least: GLOBAL: M#AmberRomance, M#AmberMatch, M#AmberFlirt, M#AmberLike; Locals: M#AmberTalk and then (maybe) set her timers running. Even then, I'm not certain if she's going to get stuck somewhere.

Guest thelebk
You'll be on the safe side if you start a new game with Amber. If you want to romance her, that is. Alternately you can try her friendship track which could continue (after Underdark) despite your relationship with Nalia. That depends how far you got with her, though. If you remember what was the last thing she said or gave me M#AmberTalk locals variable I could tell you if she's still on the friendship track.

Amber is more complicatedly built than a bioware NPC, so simple chancing of one variable wont to do the trick. The varibles you vould have to change correctly would be at least: GLOBAL: M#AmberRomance, M#AmberMatch, M#AmberFlirt, M#AmberLike; Locals: M#AmberTalk and then (maybe) set her timers running. Even then, I'm not certain if she's going to get stuck somewhere.

Thank you for your offer of assitance. ??? Unfortunately due to my military and other obligations I do not have time to start the game over all play again so I want to squeeze as much into this playthrough as possible. I had some difficulties finding all of the fields you mentioned with the specific names and in the specific places. Here is what I was able to track down:

Local Variable M#AMBERTALK 20

Global Variable M#AMBERROMANCEACTIVE 3

Global Variable M#AMBERMATCH 4

Local Variable M#FLIRTAMBER 2

Local Variable M#AMBERLIKE 112

Global Variable M#AMBERROMANCETIME 4931517

What should I do? If I cannot get her onto the romance track then I think the friendship track would be almost as satisfying. :hm: As an aside, is getting a bioware NPC (e.g. Viconia, Aerie) back into a romance as simple as reseting their <NAME>ROMANCEACTIVE flag? I want to try and cram at least one of them into this play through as well! Obviously role-playing has gone somewhat out the window here. :) Thanks!

If you the GLOBAL variable M#AmberFried is 1, the friendship track will begin when you exit the Underdark. I do recommend that you try it. :) There isn't as quit as many talks as in the romance track, but your PC can still talk to her to ask questions and you of course get all the chapter talks as they are not depending on the romance.

Guest thelebk
If you the GLOBAL variable M#AmberFried is 1, the friendship track will begin when you exit the Underdark. I do recommend that you try it. :) There isn't as quit as many talks as in the romance track, but your PC can still talk to her to ask questions and you of course get all the chapter talks as they are not depending on the romance.

I could try the friendship path, but I prefer to attempt the romance path. What variables will have to change to initiate the romance path? Also, what is the effect of changing <name>RomanceActive field on the bioware npcs? Will setting to "1" put the character back into flirt mode to continue a previous romance? Thanks! :)

I won't post publicly how I suggest you change the variables, because they would apply to your current game only. I won't risk confusing other players that might read this. I don't want players trying to 'fix' Amber and end up breaking her. (And I have to clean up the mess afterwards. :) ) If you register I can send a PM to you.

Also, what is the effect of changing <name>RomanceActive field on the bioware npcs? Will setting to "1" put the character back into flirt mode to continue a previous romance? Thanks!

Probably, as long as you disable the previous (bioware) romance.

I won't post publicly how I suggest you change the variables, because they would apply to your current game only. I won't risk confusing other players that might read this. I don't want players trying to 'fix' Amber and end up breaking her. (And I have to clean up the mess afterwards. :puke: ) If you register I can send a PM to you.

Also, what is the effect of changing <name>RomanceActive field on the bioware npcs? Will setting to "1" put the character back into flirt mode to continue a previous romance? Thanks!

Probably, as long as you disable the previous (bioware) romance.

I have registered per your suggestion. :) I have had one more talk from Amber shortly after joining with the Shadow Thieves and entering chapter 3. Let me know of any values you would like me to post for you. I have never used PM on this system, hopefully if you send me one it will be somehow obvious when I log on. :)

Archived