Planescape Torment 2CD error

Guest Leif

Guest Leif

I installed Planescape torment recently and have been trying to install all the mods for it. Now I've got some problems. First of all I have the 2CD version so patching it causes errors. I try to install the widescreen mod for it but it gets the message

ERROR: BIFF [AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error<(20, "stat", "./AR0100.BIFF">

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [ARR0100.WED] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

However when I use the patch it installs fine but the game itself won't load.

Any help?

See the pinned topic for instructions on how to do a full PS:T install. Most instructions are for the 4CD version, but it's essentially the same for the 2CD version (which just has compressed all the data normally on 4 CDs).

Edit: incidentally, the 2CD version is already patched IIRC.

I have had exactly the same problem as TC. After looking at the linked full install help file, my Torment.ini file start looks like this:

[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Games\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\

CD1:=C:\Games\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisk\CD1\

CD2:=C:\Games\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisk\CD2\

CD3:=C:\Games\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisk\CD2\

CD4:=C:\Games\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\ptdisk\CD2\

Where CD1 and CD2 are renamed versions of 20060531_041138 for CD2 and whatever it is for CD1. (The default 2 CD solution maps CDs 2-4 only CD2, so I figure that's the solution.) I literally copy-pasted the E: drive with the disk inserted to ptdisk to make the two CDs.

Am I doing it wrong somewhere? I should note that this second attempt is before installing all the SPS fixpacks, so if those are part of what lets the Widescreen mod go, that's probably the problem. I sort of doubt it in that the very same problem is manifesting.

Guest Sparkasaurusmex

How did you fix this? I am having the same problem. After character creation the games asks me to insert disc 2 into drive C: (my HDD)

I have done a full install and changed the ini

the 108 files on disc 2 are located at C:\CD2

my ini reads: [Alias]

HD0:=C:\Planescape - Torment\Planescape - Torment\

CD1:=E:\CD1\

CD2:=C:\CD2

CD3:=C:\CD2

CD4:=C:\CD2

I have both discs. The initial cd check, if I have the drive empty asks to insert disc 2 into "the drive." When I do it advances, but after the character creation it looks for the data on disc 2 (I suppose) and does not look in the right place?

Guest Sparkasaurusmex

after some tinkering I have fixed this. I am not sure what exactly did it, but I believe it do be this:

I copied all the new folders created by mods (ie- the "widescreen" folder) and perhaps more importantly the "override" folder.

I put these folders in C:\CD2 and it is no longer asking for disc 2 to be placed in C:

Archived