Phaere's NPC Portrait Mod Now Available!

Rastor

The Phaere's NPC Portraits Mod has been released! As the name would suggest, this is a collection of portraits of the Bioware NPCs done in Phaere's vision. Unlike many similar mods, the end-of-game epilogues actually display the new portraits and not the original ones.

You can view the portraits and get more information here: http://www.rpgdungeon.net/phaere

Versions for both Mac OSX and Windows/UNIX are available.

Unlike many similar mods, the end-of-game epilogues actually display the new portraits and not the original ones.

Incidentally, JPS' Portrait Collection, NiGHTMARE's NPC Beautification, and sporeboy!'s Alternate Female NPC Portrait Pack all share this highly advanced feature.

Also, why are you giving Aerie a portrait while in ogre form?

Unlike many similar mods, the end-of-game epilogues actually display the new portraits and not the original ones.

Incidentally, JPS' Portrait Collection, NiGHTMARE's NPC Beautification, and sporeboy!'s Alternate Female NPC Portrait Pack all share this highly advanced feature.

Also, why are you giving Aerie a portrait while in ogre form?

I never said that yours didn't. I've had some people tell me that many of the ones out there do not do this.

I'm so used to the Bioware originals that none of them seem to me to be especially appropriate to the NPC named. HD seems too young, Minsc looks more like a cloistered monk than a ranger, etc.

That said, these are very nice pics. Especially Imoen. It is a real, and rare, pleasure to find one of an adventurer to whom adventuring appears something other than a burden or a curse. Each is good enough to suggest a story for the individual portrayed and in a CRPG context, there is no better praise.

Archived