info on 2 unknown opcodes

Avenger

I found a note on the bioware boards about #195 and #196.

Both of these effects are set by #192 on a summoned familiar with timing method 9 (permanent after death).

#195 is responsible for the constitution damage and hit animation the protagonist receives on death of a familiar.

#196 is still unknown. I think it makes the familiar persistent in saved games?

These effects (their space exist in iwd2).

#196 is still unknown. I think it makes the familiar persistent in saved games?

It might allow the affected creature to be able to be manuvered into different areas, engage dialogs, open doors, etc. I'll do more research after I update the SpellPack.

This might actually give summoned creatures an interesting twist.

-Galactygon

After some testing, I have a suspicion that this might grant one-half of the hit points to the protagonist if the creature exists.

The other opcode, for a more precise definition makes the caster lose a constitution point permanently if the affected creature dies, and one-half of the creatures' maximum hit points. This effect works even if the timing mode is something other than #9 [Permanent After Death] is used.

So I might name it: 'Familiar: Constitution loss for Protagonist on death.

By the way, I might rename 'permanent after death' to 'permanent', and 'permanent' to 'permanent until death'.

-Galactygon

195,1,"Spell Effect: Death Dependent Constitution Loss [195]","HP Modifer","Undefined","When a creature with this effect applied to it dies, the Protagonist enacts the damage animation, loses 1 Constitution point, and has their HP modified as dictated by the 'HP Modifier' field.

If 'HP Modifer' is positive, Maximum and Current HP are increased by 'HP Modifier' (though the message ' - was immune to my damage' is displayed).

If 'HP Modifier' is negative, Maximum HP is lowered by 'HP Modifier', and Current HP is lowered by twice 'HP Modifier'."

196 - I haven't been able to get this effect to do anything - has anyone else?

Archived