Editing Pit Fiend

Guest Guest_Sykar_*

Guest Guest_Sykar_*

Hello everyone,

just a quick question, I saw that you left the Pit Fiends ability to strike as if he had +1 only and I think that this is a bit silly since the lesser summons like Cacaofined and Summon Fiend strike as if they had +4 weapons.

Regardless I got Near Infinity now and just want to know which is the correct CRE file I need to edit since there are like 10 files for Pit Fiends and I guess only one is the gated one each for the priest and mage spell.

Oh and which field do I need to edit to get him to strike like he had +4 weapon.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Guest Guest_Sykar_*

Ah I found out that I have to edit the weapon of the Pit Fiend. Luckily all variants of Pit Fiends seem to use the same so I just edited the field Enhancment shown in the Near Infinity program to +4 and viola now 2 Pit Fiends can actually hurt each other.

No more silly endless fights between two Pit Fiends because they cannot affext each other and they can hit the same as the other two lesser demon variants.

Maybe even edit it to +5 since Pit Fiends are generals or even rulers over certain layers in the Abyss.

Knowing SCS2, it probably forces those spells from the creature's script.

Apart from two claw attacks, two wing buffets, a bite and a tail attack (6 attacks per round) in PnP, pit fiends can carry a spiked club that does 7-12 damage that replaces one claw attack. So I guess that's like a club +6, though they also get a +6 strength damage bonus.

Guest Guest_Sykar_*

Ok I got another minor bug. 2 actually. Not sure if SCSII is the cause but it is the only mod doing something in that regard.

In the de'Arnise keep Torgal doesn't do anything after his speech besides turning hostile.

Likewise, the golems in the treasure do not react when I take the items there except for the 2 stone golems. The iron, flesh and clay golem do nothing.

Can I repair that on my own maybe? What must I do? Or can I force a script via Console?

You can't really "force" a script via console. Your best bet is to get a game editor like NearInfinity or DLTCEP and see which scripts these creatures have on their .cre files for starters. Did you try to combine BP AI with SCS AI? That can cause an issue.

Guest Guest_amanasleep_*
The pit fiend issue is coming from another mod, I think. In the unmodded game, Pit Fiends get a +4 weapon which does 3-12 damage; I don't change that at all.

Are you certain? I'm pretty sure vanilla pit fiends strike as +1. I recall this as a big reason to stay away from Gate in ToB. Perhaps they get a +4 bonus that strikes as +1?

The pit fiend issue is coming from another mod, I think. In the unmodded game, Pit Fiends get a +4 weapon which does 3-12 damage; I don't change that at all.

Are you certain? I'm pretty sure vanilla pit fiends strike as +1. I recall this as a big reason to stay away from Gate in ToB. Perhaps they get a +4 bonus that strikes as +1?

Okay, having researched this a bit more: vanilla pit fiends get an undroppable weapon called "P3-12M4", which strikes at +4 to hit and +4 damage, and clearly is supposed to be of +4 enchantment. In the original game, it's misflagged as +1; the BG2 fixpack fixes this. (SCS2 is tested on a Fixpack-including install environment.)

Archived