Need a weidu code part, please

deratiseur

Hello :)

I have made a warrior kit, and i want to make armors and shield unusable for it, but not gloves/bracers. (I must can use them)

So the kensai code is bad.

The shapeshifter code seems to be a good idea but ... he can use shield ! The "shapeshifters unusable code" doesn't forbid shields, it's the druid class which do it !

So, i need a weidu code, which patch all the shields to be unusable by shapeshifter. It's do no long change the shapeshifter class, but offer a real possibility to forbid armor and shield by another code from the kensaï.

There is an exemple of the code in the feralan kit from UB, but it doesn't work, the feralan can use all shields.

Please, help me :)

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN
PATCH_IF (SHORT_AT 0x1c == 0x0c) BEGIN // shield
  WRITE_BYTE 0x29 (THIS BOR 0b00010000) // make unusable by shapeshifters
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY

This code have worked on the first try, but now, after an uninstall/reinstall, il doesn't work.

I have try on a vanilla bg2 freshly reinstalled with no mods installed except the BG3 fixpack, and the error is the same :

[D:\Travaux\Copies de travail\Baldurs Gate 2\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF] 659688 bytes, 1990 files, 0 tilesets

[./override/AROW15.ITM] loaded, 170 bytes

[./override/BAZPLO07.ITM] loaded, 114 bytes

[./override/BEHOLD.ITM] loaded, 170 bytes

[./override/BLAKBLAD.ITM] loaded, 890 bytes

[./override/BLUN14.ITM] loaded, 602 bytes

[./override/BOOT01.ITM] loaded, 210 bytes

[./override/BULL01.ITM] loaded, 170 bytes

[./override/BULL03.ITM] loaded, 170 bytes

[./override/BULL04.ITM] loaded, 314 bytes

[./override/CHAINS.ITM] loaded, 162 bytes

ERROR: [CHALSHLD.ITM] -> [override/CHALSHLD.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

Please, help me :/

Hello again:)

Same matter, next round.

Swords are all enabled for all class except the beastmaster.

Except for katanas. These one are the only sword forbidden for all cleric and all druid.

So my two fighters kit using the shapeshifter unusable code cannot use katanas. I'm looking for an alternative of the Kensaï, and it's not there for the moment.

I have tried to use the same weidu instruction to patche all swords at 0x29 bytes to allow all class, but i haven't sucess. Please, help me to decryt the code (THIS BOR 0b00010000)

note : this topic can finally made a good alternative to the kensaï code "use no armor and shield, but have access to bracers", so maybe can it be pinned ?

(THIS BOR 0b00010000)
Well, the BOR is a "bitwise comparison of OR", the 0b00010000 is the number the "Kit Usability 1" has in the .itm file, the "0b" marks the number to be binary number in the bit "76543210" in the Byte 1.

If you wish to make the item usable with each class, you need to also change the 0x001e, 0x001f, 0x0020 and 0x0021, as they determine the common class, alignment and race usability.

(THIS BOR 0b00010000)
Well, the BOR is a "bitwise comparison of OR", the 0b00010000 is the number the "Kit Usability 1" has in the .itm file, the "0b" marks the number to be binary number in the bit "76543210" in the Byte 1.

If you wish to make the item usable with each class, you need to also change the 0x001e, 0x001f, 0x0020 and 0x0021, as they determine the common class, alignment and race usability.

Huuuu .... well, y have try to undestand, so i have try this :

PATCH_IF (SHORT_AT 0x1c == 0x14) BEGIN // longsword
     WRITE_BYTE 0x29 (THIS BOR 0b00000000) // make usable by all clerics/druids
   END
 END
BUT_ONLY

It doesn't work.

So the 0b00000000 doesn'i indicate to weidu to wrote "O" on all boxes ?

So the 0b00000000 doesn'i indicate to weidu to wrote "O" on all boxes ?

If you OR something with a 0, you will always get the original value. If you OR something with a 1, you will always get a 1. So, if you want to make an item unusable by a certain kit or class, you use OR with 1s in the positions that should be changed and 0s in the positions that should remain as they are.

If you AND something with a 0, you will always get a 0. If you AND something with a 1, you will always get the original value. So, if you want to make an item usable by a certain kit or class, you use AND with 0s in the positions that should be changed and 1s in the positions that should remain as they are.

Swords are all enabled for all class except the beastmaster.

Except for katanas. These one are the only sword forbidden for all cleric and all druid.

So, you want to:

* Make short swords, long swords, bastard swords, two-handed swords, wakizashis, ninja-tos, and scimitars usable by everyone except Beast Masters

* Make katanas usable by everyone except Beast Masters, Clerics, and Druids

Is this right?

So my two fighters kit using the shapeshifter unusable code cannot use katanas. I'm looking for an alternative of the Kensaï, and it's not there for the moment.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

So, you want to:

* Make short swords, long swords, bastard swords, two-handed swords, wakizashis, ninja-tos, and scimitars usable by everyone except Beast Masters

* Make katanas usable by everyone except Beast Masters, Clerics, and Druids

Is this right?

Actually my kit is a warrior with the beastmaster code who can't use armor AND katana.

I want allow him to use katana, so i have to allow katana for beastmasters.

in the vanilla game katanas are the only swords not allowed for clerics and druids, so that what i want to change.

If i has understand what you said, i so have to use :

(THIS BAND 0b00000000)

10 minutes latter.

I have test that ingame, it's works

Now i have a fighter who cannot use armor and shield, and no other inconvenient :undecided: cool. I can release my mod now :hm:

Thanks a lot to you and Jarno Mikkola :)

in the vanilla game katanas are the only swords not allowed for clerics and druids, so that what i want to change.

:undecided: In the vanilla game, clerics can't use any swords, and druids can only use scimitars.

Here's code for making katanas usable by beastmasters:

READ_ASCII 0x22 animation (2)
PATCH_IF (~%animation%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~S3~) BEGIN // katana
  WRITE_BYTE 0x2b (THIS BAND 0b11111101) // make usable by beastmasters
END
 END
 BUT_ONLY

:undecided: In the vanilla game, clerics can't use any swords, and druids can only use scimitars.

In the vanilla game this is Harcoded. But the items themsefs gone against this.

The shields (files) are allowed to druids, and so on shapeshifter -> it's the hardcode that make him unallow to carry thems ingame.

As for the swords. Except for katanas, they are all (files) allowed for druids and cleric. That are the game rules who forbid a cleric to carry them ingame.

note : the vanilla swords are allowed for everyone, but not for multiclasses with cleric/druid as componant.

Archived