Windows build issue

levrier

Hi everybody,

I'm following the "HOWTO : easy way to build GemRB on windows" guides, I have a windows 7 64-bits tralala and as you can see, I have a problem while executing this :

set PATH=%PATH%;d:\programs\dev\mingw\bin;d:\programs\dev\mingw\include;d:\programs\dev\mingw\lib;d:\programs\dev\mingw\include\SDL;d:\programs\dev\mingw\include\AL;

cd G:\Program Files\gem_depository\gemrb

start cmd

I had some problems with pathes, but now everything seems to be good for these, thank you for asking.

In fact, it doesn't find python's libraries, with the following screen :

-- Looking for Python libraries
-- Could NOT find Pythonlibs (missing : PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:38 (MESSAGE) :
 Unable to find Python development libraries. Please get it from www.python.org

(hand made copy/paste, thank you for applauses)

My first try was an install of python-2.7 FOR 64BITS (amd64) in D:\programs\dev\balbalba\python-2.7, then I've tried on the default path (after all I was in the "where the magic happens" section...) C:\python-blabla... And you've already guessed, it still doesn't work. Finally I try the python 32 bits, and magic still not happens. F*ck, This section name is lying to me. I'm really not used to compile anything on windows, I just have basis to compile on Linux/Unix...

I didn't find any post about this kind of leak-of-skill issue, so I guess someone will be able to help me.

Very thankful by advance for your help

greyhound

My first try was an install of python-2.7 FOR 64BITS (amd64) in D:\programs\dev\balbalba\python-2.7, then I've tried on the default path (after all I was in the "where the magic happens" section...) C:\python-blabla... And you've already guessed, it still doesn't work. Finally I try the python 32 bits, and magic still not happens. F*ck, This section name is lying to me. I'm really not used to compile anything on windows, I just have basis to compile on Linux/Unix...

My guess would be that cmake doesn't support Python 2.7 yet. You could try editing Modules\FindPythonLibs.cmake in your cmake install and adding 2.7 to the list of versions, or just trying python 2.6.

Well, I've followed one more time the tutorial from the beginning, I think my issue came from missing dependencies for MinGW... I don't remember having made this step yesterday. Moreover I've taken python 2.6.5 32bits in order to be sure.

Thank you btw !

Archived