Comments/observations on run with IR, SR, SCS2

Guest Incantatar

Just to be sure, you tried RRR and it worked?

Yes it did dispel SI and after that TS dispelled Mislead. It worked as it should.

Good news, though I'd still prefer to understand what was going on. Let's see if it happens again, hopefully not.
I will keep my eyes open.

Hey i once played a comprehensive German AD&D mod where liches were practically invulnerable with Rainbow Spheres. (http://www.knight.privat.t-online.de/WizSpell.html#WizSpl95) Pity it's not available in English for the rest of the world.
That probably was Prismatic Sphere, though how a similar spell can work in BG is a mistery to me. They probably had it work hugely different than in PnP.

Of course Prismatic. I wouldn't say hugely. There is no blindness for <8HD creatures and he changed a couple of negation spells, but the protections are the same and the effects also except for Disintegrate instead of plane travel for violet. He shortened 1turn/lvl to 1round/lvl.

What do you mean with "there are no more Farsight and Arcane Eye"? I didn't removed them.

Lol ok, i just supposed because there was no mention in your list and i couldn't remember seeing them in stores. (They probably were) Damn would have helped me. :mad:

Just a comment on Farsight and Wizard Eye, for the full list of spells (incl. non-changed) you can always refer to:

SR Spells Readme.

:beer:

EDIT:

1. I'd like having Pierce Shield added in StoreRev.

2. The entire thread I wondered what the hell Time Stop had to do with dispelling anything, but I just realized you probably were talking about True Seeing. Watch those acronyms :):mad:

Cloak of Mirroring

-With IR installed i don't think SCS2 Beholders should steal the Cloak of Mirroring, since it's no protection anymore against them.
Actually 50% of rays are still deflected if I'm not wrong, as it works even against spells as long as they are single target spells directly aimed against the wearer (without the MI fix component it would work even against AoE spells). It's half as effective as before against them, but still very effective.
Cloak of Mirroring
-With IR installed i don't think SCS2 Beholders should steal the Cloak of Mirroring, since it's no protection anymore against them.
Actually 50% of rays are still deflected if I'm not wrong, as it works even against spells as long as they are single target spells directly aimed against the wearer (without the MI fix component it would work even against AoE spells). It's half as effective as before against them, but still very effective.

Thats not bad but still, against a beholder group with like 12 rays per round and without very high MR you perhaps live one round more if you're lucky.

-Btw i found 2 Helms of Rock in the Underdark Beholder cave. But could be that the item randomizer messed this up.

Cloak of Mirroring

Thats not bad but still, against a beholder group with like 12 rays per round and without very high MR you perhaps live one round more if you're lucky.
I said it's really effective, not that it's cheesily effective like the Shield of Balduran. :beer: You have to combine it with other effective sources of protection like Potion of Magic Shielding/Resistance...but you can't expect to wipe out an entire hive of beholders so easily, no? :mad:

Helm of the Rock

-Btw i found 2 Helms of Rock in the Underdark Beholder cave. But could be that the item randomizer messed this up.
Indeed it's not because of IR, and with the next version of IR randomization mods may actually cause even more mess imo because we're trying to re-allocate many items ourselves.

Hi, i finally continued my game now.

-I "lost" an item. I was standing in Ribald's shop and switched around some items when the Belt of Inertial Barrier just disappeared from my inventory. I searched everything several times and i'm 98% sure that it just vanished. It didn't happen again or before.

-The summoning limit is getting more restrictive in my game. In mid game i could suddenly only summon 3 monsters. This stayed till end game, where i can now only summon one monster at a time. I guess some monsters didn't unsummon or die after certain area transitions. You know how they are still in an area after they should be gone and suddenly unsummon when you visit the area again (vanilla behaviour)? Perhaps visiting these areas again would solve the bug, but i don't want to visit all the areas again now. It could also be that monsters summoned by PIs are the culprit.

-Casting Spell Matrix/Trigger more than once is counted in the special ability list. Triggering them fizzles or works first and then fizzles.

Item suddenly Disappear

-I "lost" an item. I was standing in Ribald's shop and switched around some items when the Belt of Inertial Barrier just disappeared from my inventory. I searched everything several times and i'm 98% sure that it just vanished. It didn't happen again or before.
I don't know what to say...it surely isn't caused by IR. :blush:

Summoning Cap Issue

-The summoning limit is getting more restrictive in my game. In mid game i could suddenly only summon 3 monsters. This stayed till end game, where i can now only summon one monster at a time. I guess some monsters didn't unsummon or die after certain area transitions. You know how they are still in an area after they should be gone and suddenly unsummon when you visit the area again (vanilla behaviour)? Perhaps visiting these areas again would solve the bug, but i don't want to visit all the areas again now. It could also be that monsters summoned by PIs are the culprit.
Oh my... :laugh: I do have to look into this though it never happened before to me. I think I heard similar issues ages ago (for vanilla game) and if I'm not wrong the problem was for summoned creatures affected by Imprisonment, but I don't remember anymore. I fear it will be a pain to track it down.

On a side note, regarding the summoning cap itself, I'm slightly accepting the idea of removing it.

Spell Trigger Issue

-Casting Spell Matrix/Trigger more than once is counted in the special ability list. Triggering them fizzles or works first and then fizzles.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. I'll try to cast it twice myself asap to see if there's any problem.

Summoning Cap Issue

I think I heard similar issues ages ago (for vanilla game) and if I'm not wrong the problem was for summoned creatures affected by Imprisonment, but I don't remember anymore.

Maze or Imprisonment could be the reason. I remember how i had to reload because Viconia wouldn't come back out of Maze at one time. And there were certainly some summons imprisoned and mazed.

Spell Trigger Issue

They sometimes do fizzle into thin air. Happens in vanilal as well. Dunno why so, though.
I still haven't clear what's the issue:

a) casting two times the same spell hoping to overwrite the former trigger with a different spell selection?

b) casting two different triggers (e.g. matrix and sequencer) in a row causes one of them to fail?

a) it doesn't work in my install. Until you unleash the stored spells every other attempt to cast Symbul's Spell Matrix/Sequencer/Trigger is useless.

b) cannot reproduce...though it may happen, I don't know.

Summoning Cap Issue

I think I heard similar issues ages ago (for vanilla game) and if I'm not wrong the problem was for summoned creatures affected by Imprisonment, but I don't remember anymore.

Maze or Imprisonment could be the reason. I remember how i had to reload because Viconia wouldn't come back out of Maze at one time. And there were certainly some summons imprisoned and mazed.

Well, I don't see how Maze can cause it though, because I didn't changed it (unless the target has INT <3 which is highly unlikely).

Are you sure Viconia was under Maze and not under Imprisonment? The portrait icon is the same unfortunately, because they now share the same opcode.

The AI cast Imprisonment on your summoned creatures? Mmm...if you're sure about it than it might be the problem, though I cannot be sure without testing it. If that is really our problem I can probably fix it by making Imprisonment "kill" any summoned creature instead of imprison them.

The triggers in the special ability list showed sometimes a "2" (exactly like CLW for a good guy does). Sometimes i could cast one normally and the second would fizzle or both fizzled.

I renewed my install and will make it minimalistic to be a better help. If the issues won't reappear there was something else wrong. The install was kinda awkward.

I'll play my solo Conjurer imported from BG1 and post here. :blush:

The AI cast Imprisonment on your summoned creatures? Mmm...if you're sure about it than it might be the problem, though I cannot be sure without testing it. If that is really our problem I can probably fix it by making Imprisonment "kill" any summoned creature instead of imprison them.

SCS2 only imprisons Devas and Planetars. Were you summoning them?

Ehm, Devas and Planetars within SR are immune to both Maze and Imprisonment as per PnP (PnP Celestial mod and Refinements probably do the same). I dind't knew you were using Imprisonment for such purpose, which is somewhat cool considering you don't have a Banish/Dismissal spell to let AI face high lvl summons like demons and celestials.

I suppose I'll have to remove such feature from them, though then I'd surely need to add a block in the scripts to handle that, as I'm almost sure an imprisoned deva/planetar cause an issue like Incatatar's one. Am I wrong?

Ehm, Devas and Planetars within SR are immune to both Maze and Imprisonment as per PnP (PnP Celestial mod and Refinements probably do the same). I dind't knew you were using Imprisonment for such purpose, which is somewhat cool considering you don't have a Banish/Dismissal spell to let AI face high lvl summons like demons and celestials.

I suppose I'll have to remove such feature from them, though then I'd surely need to add a block in the scripts to handle that, as I'm almost sure an imprisoned deva/planetar cause an issue like Incatatar's one. Am I wrong?

It will cause a problem, yes (I think).

Let me know if you decide to remove the feature; if not, I'll stop Imprisoning celestials when SR is installed (though I don't expect an imminent new release).

Archived