Store Revisions

Ardanis

Looking for a good place to move an item to can result in groundshaknig discoveries sometimes. Like drow weaponmaster wielding two swords with no single point in two weapon style :)

And that NPC:s THAC0 would be as nerfed off-hand, as if the PC tried it? :mad:

That being said, and with the thread quickly derailing from topic to CR, haven't I read you/Demi/Mike say something about that even creatures with wrong (or no proficiencies), level, kits and the like - still can have correct THAC0/saves/abilities and what have you? I.e essentially "cheated" or manually edited stats.

Would CR aim to make those boss-characters have legal HP/saves/THAC0 und so weiter? And if they have a custom "berserk" remove it and make them Berserkers (with all pros and cons) instead? That would really be supersweet. Let me know if I can help btw :beer:

I think that IR3 can contain some fixes to creatures even in main component. Currently there's no Creature Revision mod of any sort and a bit of magic touch when it's about good-weapons wielders would be aprreciated. Later you can always move this component to true Creature Revision.

"Because challenge is done not only by sword, but mainly by hand which wields it..."

... and when it has no proficiency in weapon, crazy ThaC0 and stats, it sucks!

Atm he only boasts 20 STR and 190 hp, despite being a 18th level character.
And who is to say that was not intended? After all the normal fighter would only have 114 hit points maximum from the HD... the con bonus is invisible(36 invisible) in the character file. Besides, in my clean BG2 game, he has 136 hitpoints(which would be somewhat average to good result with the con bonus)... so the 190 is way too much !

PS. there is another 20th level version of him... which is even way much worse(225 HP)... of course it might be that the monsters have no con bonus, who knows... as they don't actually gain anything but a nice number from the level counter.

Of course if you wish to go and standardize the monster hit points and level into a system that goes somewhat well into the monsters, like the current system does for the NPCs, go ahead.

Cleric's Scrolls

What about adding some additional scrolls with cleric's spells? They're usefull for Rangers, Paladins and MONKS, so maybe it's not a bad idea to create some new. BAMs are ready so, why not? Especially healing and curing ones are viable.

I've been toying with the same thought, but iirc it was discarded in favor of higher priority tasks.

Nonetheless, there're these already:

- restoration

- cure serious wounds

- free action

- neutralize poison

- mental domination

- defensive harmony

- protection from lightning

- protection from evil 10' radius

- champion's strength

- chaotic commands

- cure critical wounds

- flame strike

- raise dead

I suppose there's a room for Bless, Sanctuary, Armor of Faith, Chant, Find Traps, Spiritual Hammer, DUHM, Dispel Magic, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse/Break Enchantment, Remove Paralysis, Invisibility Purge, Holy Smite & Unholy Blight, Zone of Sweet Air/Gust of Wind, Holy Power, Poison, Greater Command, Aerial Servant, Blade Barrier, Heal, Physical Mirror, Shield of Archons, Fire Storm, Sunray, Regeneration, Resurrection.

Perhaps also the Cause Wounds family, Symbols, Words, smth else.

Do we need them?

Also, a question about Tomes/Manuals - add them or not? INT can be placed in Planar Sphere, DEX - in Ust Natha, CHA - Firkraag, WIS - Suldanessellar's store, CON - Ribald's Ch.6 store, STR - somewhere early in ToB.

I suppose there's a room for Bless, Sanctuary, Armor of Faith, Chant, Find Traps, Spiritual Hammer, DUHM, Dispel Magic, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse/Break Enchantment, Remove Paralysis, Invisibility Purge, Holy Smite & Unholy Blight, Zone of Sweet Air/Gust of Wind, Holy Power, Poison, Greater Command, Aerial Servant, Blade Barrier, Heal, Physical Mirror, Shield of Archons, Fire Storm, Sunray, Regeneration, Resurrection.

Perhaps also the Cause Wounds family, Symbols, Words, smth else.

Do we need them?

Could make for an interesting optional component.

Also, a question about Tomes/Manuals - add them or not? INT can be placed in Planar Sphere, DEX - in Ust Natha, CHA - Firkraag, WIS - Suldanessellar's store, CON - Ribald's Ch.6 store, STR - somewhere early in ToB.

No.

Those are my types:

Bless, Chant, Find Traps, Dispel Magic, Glyph of Warding, Break Enchantment, Remove Paralysis, Holy Smite & Unholy Blight, Heal, Fire Storm, Sunray, Regeneration.

IMO 1-3 level scrolls should be really cheap, cheaper than wizard's 1-3 level scrolls, but later ones can be very useful for party's rangers, paladins and monks especially, giving them some edge so those should cost a bit. Especially spells like Fire Storm or Holy Smite.

Is there a scroll for True Seeing? Magic Resistance? :3

Is there a scroll for True Seeing?
There is a priest and a mage version of this spells scroll, but I don't know how often it's actually gained, but it's there... in a ancient version of a BP-... game, the Classic Adventures setup was based on long time ago, so...

Cleric's Scrolls

I'm kinda neutral on this matter, but one thing I'm sure of is that I wouldn't like paladins running around mentally controlling monsters and unleashing firestorms, just like I wouldn't like rangers summoning elementals as hobby.

Tomes/Manual

I really am with Mike, a big NO.
I'm kinda neutral on this matter, but one thing I'm sure of is that I wouldn't like paladins running around mentally controlling monsters and unleashing firestorms, just like I wouldn't like rangers summoning elementals as hobby.

We're talking about one-two expensive scrolls which allows to Paladin to use such a powerfull spels in dire situations, not random guys throwing those everywhere. And these certainly should be available late-game, or even better in strange places. Like Brynn Law. I hope that Ardanis will put something interesting to random Brynn Law characters. :3

I really am looking foreward to Store Revision, have you come up with new stuff Ardanis?

Otherwise I'd like a lore revision within the Store Revision. I'd suggest something á lá TweakPacks:

Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability

This component makes the identification abilities of stores more in line with the shopkeepers' abilities. There are three ways to implement this, and players are given a choice:

* Only mages and bards can identify items. Any non-mage, non-bard shopkeeper can not identify items at all. Mages and bards can identify any item.

* Identification based on lore. Any shopkeeper can identify items up to their personal lore value, regardless of class. The shopkeepers are given a slight lore boost over normal characters to reflect their occupational experience with magical items. Items with exceptionally high lore may not be able to be identified at all by shopkeepers.

* Hybrid. Mage and bard shopkeepers can identify anything, and other shopkeepers have lore scores based on their character.

I usually install the hybrid version, but for Store Revision wouldn't it be practical to include such a tweak. Eventually KR perhaps will include a lore revision too?

I'm fond of your Item re-allocation programme. Sounds good.

:)

We've decided to add a 'hidden' store in Order of Radiant Heart (only for paladins or PCs with very high reputation), as a placeholder for Purple Dragon Knight sword.

Otherwise I'd like a lore revision within the Store Revision. I'd suggest something á lá TweakPacks
I recall Mike said it's better not to flood IR's installer with a ton of tweaks not directly related to 'items'. Having two separate mods, one for items and another for stores, is probably the best thing then. I wouldn't hestitate about it, but IR needs the items' placement shuffling too, and therefore it would mean having a very large core component shared between two mods, a rather strange thing to behold imo. I honestly don't know what's better :)
We've decided to add a 'hidden' store in Order of Radiant Heart (only for paladins or PCs with very high reputation), as a placeholder for Purple Dragon Knight sword.

Wouldn't the Order loan it for special/difficult missions (or offer it as reward for one of those) instead of making it available for sale?

Archived