Spell Thrust, Secret Word and RRR not working

Sykar

Ok another bug which I do not seem to be able to fix is that Spell Thrust, Secret Word and Ruby Ray of Reversal do nothing at all.

I already wondered why mage fights seemed a lot harder even though I could target them with those under II and SI:Abju but nothing really happned.

Then when I got frustrated enough I just cheated my sorcerer to level 20 and Jan as well and did some testings.

1.) As already mentioned those 3 do not work at all. Those are enhanced by the SCSII component to get through II having a small area.

2.) The others work normally but actually work even if SI:Abju is active and can dispel a SI:Abju. Afaik the sole purpose of SI:Abju was to prevent easy dispelling and only RRR and Dispel/Remove Magic should work then.

Other than the SCSII component I do not recall any other mod even touching spells whatsoever.

Ok after uninstalling the AoE component for Spell Thrust, Secret Word and RRR they do work properly again. Therefore I come to the conclusion that this component is bugged and not working and I do use the the lates version 13.

Regards

All three spells work perfectly for me (with AoE).

2.) The others work normally but actually work even if SI:Abju is active and can dispel a SI:Abju. Afaik the sole purpose of SI:Abju was to prevent easy dispelling and only RRR and Dispel/Remove Magic should work then.

You are mistaken, SI: Abj protects against Dispel and Breach but not against anti-magic spells.

Then when I got frustrated enough I just cheated my sorcerer to level 20 and Jan as well and did some testings.

1.) As already mentioned those 3 do not work at all. Those are enhanced by the SCSII component to get through II having a small area.

2.) The others work normally but actually work even if SI:Abju is active and can dispel a SI:Abju.

1) if you tested them on a party member it's obvious they don't seem to work, because they have a party friendly projectile now.

2) that's the intended behaviour (though it may be questionable)

Ok, so why did none of my Spell Thrusts work on Tolgerias? Neither SI:Illusion was dispelled nor his Minor Globe.

Thanks for clarifying on SI:Abju only working against Breach and Disel/REmove Magic I was under the impression that it also protects against other Spell Removers and thats why RRR is so good because it is an alteration spell.

Also thanks for clarifying that you did them party friendly. Should have thought of that but the Tolgerias fight with my level 12/13 party was so damn frustrating. After 20+ reloads you just could bite into your keyboard.

Ok, so why did none of my Spell Thrusts work on Tolgerias? Neither SI:Illusion was dispelled nor his Minor Globe.
I don't know, those spells are fine in my install. Anyway, if it's a Globe of Inv instead of a Minor Globe, than vanilla's Spell Thrust didn't worked on it despite its description.

Also thanks for clarifying that you did them party friendly.
I'm not the author of SCS. :) Unless I should assume you're playing with Spell Revisions. :)

No I do not use Spell Revisions. I thought about it but I want to stay as close to the original game as possible. 3rd edition versions of spells break that for me.

Also a reason why I do not use the SCSII Harm Version. Most characters do not survive that version and installing a component that treats a spell differentlyfor player and AI is not to my liking.

Does anyone know if a monster script is not working, can I force it to start? I have that problem with Tor'gal in the de'Arnise keep.

Archived