Beginner needs help

Sarlok

First Contact

Wow, first entry...

Hello! Everybody...

Got BG2 from a friend long time ago. Now I introduce myself into modding. Searched the web for textures to create a map, but didn't found. Maybe you can help!?

Using IETME

Eh... there are plenty of area textures in 3D modelling programs, even free ones like blender. You might also check Yovaneth's DLTCEP tutorial on area making (in its forum here) - it's better than IETME.

You might also check Yovaneth's DLTCEP tutorial on area making (in its forum here) - it's better than IETME.

Yes, however for create a visual rendering I think it is still a good software. Learn to using a software as blender is very long and is quite discouraging for a begginer. Here you could find some textures :

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Commu...iles/index.html

But, personnaly I prefer work differently : I collect different bmp of different area of infinity engine games and with the stamp (a tool which is available in the gimp or photoshop) I create my own area which could be set later by different DLTCEP functions.

Took a look on DLCTEP, but it seems that the tool is not able to import bitmaps :mad: First I hoped there were different tilesets available, i.e. I read about ZORTILES, but also didn't found... Now I use Gimp to extract some textures from the game. Maybe someone here likes to share files!?

Thanks for your replies!

Uhm, doesn't the 'area basics' in the DLTCEP tutorial describe how to import a bmp and convert it into a tileset or did I misinterpret your post? Creating a new area can be quite difficult. If you want houses or trees or something, it's easier to go through some of the existing areas, but in the end blender or povray or the non-free 3D max can be used to create 3D areas with correct illumination from scratch.

http://www.simpilot.net/~sc/dltcep/dltcep_frames.htm

Took a look on DLCTEP, but it seems that the tool is not able to import bitmaps :mad: First I hoped there were different tilesets available, i.e. I read about ZORTILES, but also didn't found... Now I use Gimp to extract some textures from the game. Maybe someone here likes to share files!?

Thanks for your replies!

DLTCEP can import bmps into tileset format. But the BMP should be 24 bits rgb format. I'm sure all painters can produce that format.

Archived