What about a translation?

Hello everybody! I am new, this is my first post! I've just registered into this forum because I started playing NWN2 2 weeks ago (I had changed my pc, so even if I had the game since its launch, I had to wait a long time :mad: ) and 2 days ago I added the romance pack.

This mod is wonderful (thank you to all of you!) but it is really "strange" the abrupt change during dialogues from Italian language to English. Moreover, since dialogue options have subtle change in meaning but create huge changes in reactions, I was thinking about a translation.

So, is it possible to translate it? I can prepare an Italian translation (of course, I would need the plain text of dialogues) but I have no idea on how to put the translation into the game. Is anyone interested in this? Maybe we could create different "language packs"...

Please, let me know. And again, thank you for this wonderful mod!

Translation would require us to make a new mod the same size as the existing mod and would involve just as much work as creating the original did. Unfortunately, I don't see either Domi or I having that kind of time.

Just to confirm that I definetly don't have time to incorporate the translation. Someone who can open the files in the toolset, can probably just create a new copy of the mod, and translate all the dialogue files directly in the Toolset. It's really very similar to using any spreadsheet. Should make a separate download though.

Hmmm... so are you saying that it is sufficient to open the mod on the toolset? And then just change dialogues and so on?

It can be interesting... so, I just need to find someone able to run the toolset, since under Windows7 to me is still crashing! (the game works perfectly, but the toolset loads and then immediately crashes... No way to make it works and I've already tried EVERYTHING!)

Basically, you will need to create a .mod file, convert it into a directory, and then copy over all of the dialogue files. Then you can translate them. The caveat is that you will also have to translate the original game files we are modifying.

For whatever reason, the Win7 sometimes needs to have the old DX9.0c in it to run the toolset. Some folks have gotten away with it, but occasionally, it crashes like you're talking about in your post.

DX9 is not a "downgrade" from DX10 or 11. They are not compatible with each other due to technology changes and can peacefully coexist on your system.

Hmmm, so you are saying that I can solve the problem by simply installing old DirectX 9.0c? I could give a try, thanks! By the way, since I was also having another problem, maybe I could ask also this: I have problem with this mod http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2S...etail&id=86 even if I've done everything it says in that page, I am not able to have it working. Can it still be a DircetX compatibility problem? Maybe I needthe 9.0c version also for that? Or maybe I am using it wrong... :mad:

Can I use this thread to ask if someone else is interested in helping for a multi-language translation?

If you are installing DirectX 9.0c for the toolset, you will soon find out if it makes the other mod work too. You will only have to install it once. And now that I think about it, I had to install DirectX 9.0c on my new Windows7 machine to get the toolset to work, too.

I've searched Microsoft site and seen there are many version of DirectX... which one have you installed? Just because if you were working on XP, you should already have a DirectX 9 version loaded...

Because it was latter updated to 10, sometimes NWN2 wants you to re-upload and re-install the 9, because otherwise it doesn't know it's there. The same thing happens with the .net thinggie. The barrage of Toolset crashes happened after, I believe, the NWN2 went to version 10 or something, it was quite a hassle at the time. If you look at bio's forums, I have a thread there meantioning both caveats in my question about getting a laptop to run the game.

AFAIK, Domi doesn't use the BioWare forum since the miration to the social site. I check there *very* infrequently (though I go by berelinde everywhere). So while it might be quicker to post, you'll get a response *much* slower. I check there once a week, sometimes longer. I check here several times a day.

So it is better to ask here? :-D Well, I've decided to install the DirectX 9.0c that comes with the game (my internet connection is unstable so I am unable to download the file directly by Microsoft site). Just a question: being on Windows 7 Pro, 64bit, will I have any problem? Or it is just going to install safely with the default option?Thanks again!

Archived