[For Repair v20] Dynaheir Journal Quest Broken

Xander

I have version 18 of the NPC project, and I am very much convinced that this quest is broken for me. The first encounter with Drizzt is standard, I help him hold off the Gnolls and then he says he is busy and must run to Icewind Dale. Here the quest ends for me, I tried going into ShadowKeeper but did not see any variable about the quest and I know I am supposed to meet him in a wilderness area outside the one the first encounter was in and I have scoured these areas to no avail. Note that I am romancing Dynaheir and that the romance is pretty far advanced, I am in chapter 7 of the game.

There is one (1) only one way that the quest even kicks off. The player actually gets the most positive response, where Drizzt then says *more* than just "I'm leaving". It only gets started if the player and Drizzt are happy happy joy joy.

Drizzt actually has to have an interjection where he says that he may see the player elsewhere on the sword coast.

I have version 18 of the NPC project, and I am very much convinced that this quest is broken for me. The first encounter with Drizzt is standard, I help him hold off the Gnolls and then he says he is busy and must run to Icewind Dale. Here the quest ends for me, I tried going into ShadowKeeper but did not see any variable about the quest and I know I am supposed to meet him in a wilderness area outside the one the first encounter was in and I have scoured these areas to no avail. Note that I am romancing Dynaheir and that the romance is pretty far advanced, I am in chapter 7 of the game.

I actually solved it now thanks to looking at what previous players have posted regarding this problem. I actually added the variables "X#DynaJournal" with value 1 and "X#DGDrizztSpawn" with value 0 through Shadowkeeper. This resulted in Drizzt appearing immediately when I entered a new wilderness area and the rest of the quest proceeded without a hitch.

Thank you for this solution, Xander. I have the same problem: Drizzt does not appear, in spite of leaving the first encounter with the comment that we might see each other again.

Is this chapter-sensitive, btw? I'm still in chapter 4 and wouldn't want to trigger anything earlier than I'm supposed to.

Guest badstapp

Didn´t work for me...i installed bg1 npc project latest, and didn´t started a new game, banter were ok, portraits everything seemed ok, go dynaheir quest as soon as i installed...i of course encoutered drizzt before installation, got there and nothing, added the 2 lines in shadow keeper and nothing also...I don´t remeber what i answered to him, but i helped him with gnolls for sure...

what can i do or its really necessary to start a new game?

thx

Guest badstapp
Didn´t work for me...i installed bg1 npc project latest, and didn´t started a new game, banter were ok, portraits everything seemed ok, go dynaheir quest as soon as i installed...i of course encoutered drizzt before installation, got there and nothing, added the 2 lines in shadow keeper and nothing also...I don´t remeber what i answered to him, but i helped him with gnolls for sure...

what can i do or its really necessary to start a new game?

thx

slept, changed maps few times, SUDENLY he appeared...thx for the sollution and sorry for posting =/

The quest worked fine my first playthrough, but with my latest (a Cavalier who was to be romancing Dynaheir), it seems the group of evil gnolls won't spawn.

The party is doing it without Drizzt's help. I have encountered the good gnolls and let them go. But the evil gnolls won't spawn, and I've been bouncing back and forth between the regions for almost an in-game week.

Just thought I'd chime in.

Check on the status of Global("X#DyQuPartyAlone","GLOBAL")

/* Dynaheir's Quest if Drizzt is not included */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DyQuPartyAlone","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalTimerExpired("X#DQEGnollTimer","GLOBAL")
Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",5)
OR(8)
AreaCheck("%RedCanyons%")
AreaCheck("%SouthBeregostRoad%")
AreaCheck("%ArchaeologicalSite%")
AreaCheck("%NorthNashkelRoad%")
AreaCheck("%BearRiver%")
AreaCheck("%XvartVillage%")
AreaCheck("%DryadFalls%")
AreaCheck("%FireLeafForest%")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DyQuPartyAlone","GLOBAL",2)
END

/* Inintiate Evil Gnolls for Dynaheir's Quest */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DyQuPartyAlone","GLOBAL",2)
InParty(Myself)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
InMyArea(Player1)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DyQuPartyAlone","GLOBAL",3)
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("X#DGNLE1",Player1,[100.100])
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("X#DGNLE2",Player1,[75.100])
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("X#DGNLE3",Player1,[75.75])
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("X#DGNLE4",Player1,[100.75])
ActionOverride("X#DGNLE1",FaceObject(Player1))
ActionOverride("X#DGNLE2",FaceObject(Player1))
ActionOverride("X#DGNLE3",FaceObject(Player1))
ActionOverride("X#DGNLE4",FaceObject(Player1))
ActionOverride("X#DGNLE1",StartDialogNoSet(Player1))
END

Oh, I could have just checked it in Shadow Keeper too. Blah.

Anyway, the Global is set at 3. In case it's related, I'll also list X#DYQJOURNALTALK which is at 2. And X#DYNAJOURNAL is set at 5.

I don't need a fix any longer, per se, because I think I'm restarting that character. I would be curious as to what did go wrong, though.

Archived