Ajantis - messed up dialogue strings?

Runescarred

Curious what leading a good - aligned party could turn out like, my CN bard decided to travel to thew 'ankheg farm' and join forces with Ajantis. Alas, the squire keeps saying... strange things. I checked his dialogue in IE.085, and found that AJANTJ consists only of lines taken from other dialogues.

I have Easy TUTU for ToB, BG1 NPC Project (obviously), Gavin NPC, Ajantis Friendship, Coran Friendship and The Lure of the Sirine's Call installed. Already tried another download and a re - install (twice).

Is there any solution to the problem?

Also, it is a great, great mod, like I posted a loooooooong time ago. Really brought the NPCs to life and made me want to play BG1 again, again, and again. :mad:

Firs:t Ajantis' dialogue file for Tutu would be _ajantj.dlg (the ajantj.dlg is a leftover that they didn't remove in BGII and has indeed nonsense text in it, the same for kivan.dlg).

That doesn't solve the problem, though, as he is actually saying nonsense. What exactly do you mean with strange things?

How does the _ajantj.dlg look like?

Do you use an old savegame from an earlier install? Do you use a savegame and reinstalled mods in a different order since? This could lead to mixed up texts.

You can try this out by starting a new game, zap to Ajantis and recruit him. Does he speak senseful now?

If not, I would be interested what your reputation points are. Ajantis gets a bit upset if it is too low (a feature which not so much playtesters tested yet, so maybe you encountered a bug.)

Thank you for the praise. A lot of work from a lot of people went into this mod so it is nice to hear that it pleases. And thank you for not neglecting the Ajantis Friendship (Ajantis BG Expansion) mod. A CN PC won't see as much dialogues but still. :mad:

Uninstall everything and start over installing things from scratch. Can you post your current weidu.log?

Also, AJANTJ is the original game's dialogue file. Ignore that. Check X#AJANTJ instead, as all BG1 NPC dialogue files use the prefix X#.

Were you reinstalling things before this problem? Also, did you have clean patched installs of both BG1 and BG2 before installing EasyTutu?

Firs:t Ajantis' dialogue file for Tutu would be _ajantj.dlg

Yes, sorry: I missed the _ sign, what I meant was _AJANTJ. Just got used to not noticing it.

What exactly do you mean with strange things?

Lines of dialogue that are probably not supposed to not only be said at a certain time, but by Ajantis at all. I cannot copy&past the opening lines from IE.085 (it won't let me), but for example:

X#AiFriendTalk starts with 'Cheer up, Kagain!' (Alora's line, if memory serves)

X#AjantisShieldGone starts with 'I see now why you protect the plants with such fervor; obviously you were birthed from within the brambles of a thorn bush.'

X#AjantisRepSellerComplaint starts with '*Shar-Teel jumps away.* Idiot!'

The case is similar with every other talk in the dialogue file.

If not, I would be interested what your reputation points are. Ajantis gets a bit upset if it is too low (a feature which not so much playtesters tested yet, so maybe you encountered a bug.)

No, I'm pretty sure it's not that - the rep was 12 at the time, and he never said anything about 'associating myself with you was beneath my honour' and so on. Just those random lines I mentioned earlier.

Do you use a savegame and reinstalled mods in a different order since?You can try this out by starting a new game, zap to Ajantis and recruit him. Does he speak senseful now?

Alas, no. What was supposed to be his remark on reputation turns into a line about the Candlekeep library. Any other options?

Thank you for the praise. A lot of work from a lot of people went into this mod so it is nice to hear that it pleases. And thank you for not neglecting the Ajantis Friendship (Ajantis BG Expansion) mod. A CN PC won't see as much dialogues but still.

No, thank you for the work and the fast reply :mad:

It looks like your dialogue strings are messed up. Dialog.tlk itself is ruined, meaning you have to either restore from a clean backup or reinstall Tutu.

I see. Thank you for your time :mad:. *is off to re - install everything*

Guest Guest_Runescarred_again*

I really hate to bother you good people again, but : I re - installed everything (Tutu, BG1, BG2, NPC Project, Ajantis Friendship, Gavin NPC Mod) and now he speaks with lines from Gavin Mod... Should I post the Weidu log?

I really hate to bother you good people again, but : I re - installed everything (Tutu, BG1, BG2, NPC Project, Ajantis Friendship, Gavin NPC Mod) and now he speaks with lines from Gavin Mod... Should I post the Weidu log?
You aren't using old save game are you... cause the save games have their dialog strings totally messed up... so starting a new game is required.

The WeiDU.log should always be a good place to start from.

Re - installed the mods yet again, started a new game: voila, it works!

I guess the problem was installing Gavin NPC before the NPC Project. All's well that ends well. Thank you for your time and tips, people :mad:.

Archived