Need suggestion for my next game

Vaalyah

What do you mean with "creating simple area"?

The hardest part of area creation in BG2 is making decent area artwork. If you can make an area using your photoshop skills, modders will love you. You can often use existing area art as a template. As an example, I'll attach an image I made using parts of the Five Flagons, parts of the Bridge District, some baskets from Waukeen's Promenade, some braziers from the Slums, a storm drain from BG1, and brick walls and a clothesline courtesy of Google images... and a little freehand shadow painting. I don't remember where I got the cobblestone image for the floor. The image isn't perfect, but it works for the purposes of the mod it's for.

Party_c-inn0_resize.jpg

Is it just an image file? Because in photoritouching I am really great!
Well, the image file that the area constructs from is a tile set... it's just a .BMP image file cut into small tiles. The area files are somewhat more, but usually the artists are in great need, as the other files for the area are relatively easy to make once you have the tile set.

No, no, I mean... in case I just have to create an image file, like a .bmp one, with the "environment" or maybe it should have more things? I must add multiple view angles or whatever? Because I am really good with photoshop and that could be a thing I'll be able to do!

No, no, I mean... in case I just have to create an image file, like a .bmp one, with the "environment" or maybe it should have more things? I must add multiple view angles or whatever? Because I am really good with photoshop and that could be a thing I'll be able to do!

What's most in demand is someone who can make a nice-looking image for an area that blends in with other areas and doesn't look like it's made up of cut-and-pasted parts of 3 other areas. You don't really have to do more than that.

If you want to know what happens after you have the image for a new area, there's a tutorial detailing the rest of area creation here.

That seems interesting and I am really skinned in photoretouching (I've got 3 PS classes, 2 on advanced photoretouching). So in this sense I could really help...

Reading the tutorial. In case, where I have to "offer" my help? Is there any specific section?

That seems interesting and I am really skinned in photoretouching (I've got 3 PS classes, 2 on advanced photoretouching). So in this sense I could really help...

Reading the tutorial. In case, where I have to "offer" my help? Is there any specific section?

I don't think there's one in the G3, but there's a resource request forum in SHSForums, and Classifieds in there too, so you can volunteer to some, if it's a big one, or just do a few small once and you'll soon be ripped apart with graphical requests ... and of course you can say no, if and when it gets too heavy.

Yesterday evening my main PC had a problem, so today I am bringing it to a technician (I suppose I have to change MoBo... it is 1 month old... so it is a factory defect... I am quite angry...). As soon as it will be fixed, I would add my participation. Should I have the game installed, or it is sufficient to work with images?

Hmmmm that could be a problem... again, W7 not works so smoothly with old software. I should have a try as soon as I get back my pc fixed!

Back in the topic, can someone tell me info about The witcher?

In the Witcher, you play Geralt, a hunter of supernatural beings and a plunderer of virtue. The character is based on the protagonist of a series of novels, but the novels are in Polish and AFAIK, only one has been translated into English. That's all I really know about it. Since so many aspects of the character are fixed, I was not interested enough to try the game for myself.

Based on your NWN2 preferences, I'd say that there's a chance you might enjoy a game that featured Geralt as a character, but I don't think you would enjoy going through a game role-playing him.

"plunderer of virtue":undecided: Are you saying that a big part of the game is related in cheating with all female NPCs o_O [having a check]

Ok, I've just read around in the net. So you are supposed also to collect game cards with the images of naked female NPCs... hmmmm no. Absolutely not my kind of game...

By the way, yesterday I've heard the fate of my computer. The gpu is gone. So I have to change that, but here it is holiday times, so I suppose I will be without the powerful PC for about a months. Nooooooooooooooooooo, I'm so sad! I want to finish my NWN2 OC!!!

Archived