Need suggestion for my next game

Vaalyah

Well, maybe for a book it is more true than for an rpg game. In an rpg game, I must think as the PC for speaking in her voice and taking decision as for her personality. If I am not able to feel her personality... no game. I think this is a major point for me.

About sex, it is not that I am so offended by sex scenes or whatever, I just don't like the idea that all the situations can be solved in that way. I don't like the available slot of sex-solution. However, maybe I'd have a try to read the plot... as soon as I can get my hands on my computer!

I've read about Fallout and I have some questions:

1) I've read about a Gene Projection... I suppose it is the explanation in order we can create a character looking the way we want. Are females available?

2) which is, in your opinion, the percentage rpg/fighting?

3) I've read in Australia the game has been censored... are game contents so bad?

thank you for answering.

In Fallout 3 you can play as a male or female and the facial customizations are fairly decent.

I'd say it's a 70 fighting, 30 RPG. The story is on the linear side but the world is pretty big so you can do a lot of exploring and collecting. I'd call it an Action RPG if there is such a genre. Good story but not a lot of choice.

The game is rated M I believe...there is a lot of blood and gore (you can shoot off specific body parts in slow motion even), sex and sexual references although nothing is really shown, and language.

Of all things that Australia complained about Fallout 3 was actual drug references. Morph or morpha, something like that, being an obvious reference to morphine.

I like Fallout 3 a lot especially when you have mods installed and it has a huge mod following.

That percentage is a bad description....you'd have to play for yourself...or better yet, go watch some videos of gameplay on YouTube. Yes, it's a lot of fighting but you do it for a reason. I say there is a low RPG amount because the story *is* rather linear...however that's not the only definition of RPing...

Ok, new question: since my new PC is still broken (holiday time here, so no new gpu delivered yet), I am thinking about trying again with NWN expansions. Which is the better? HotU o SoU? (again, I am speaking about npc interactions)

Thanks!

Don't know if you saw this, but you really really should check out the Longest Journey that Daulmakan mentioned (link). It's apparently won 8 different awards, and it's available in Italian. It's rated M for strong language, though, if that bothers you. The sequel, Dreamfall, also won several awards, is available in Italian, and there's a free trial available.

Actually I haven't seen that link yet just because (due to some big storms one after another in the latest weeks) my internet connection (on 3G wifi service, since cable here doesn't seem to arrive :roll: ) simply doesn't load the page. I've called 5 times the technical service, I hope they will fix things soon.

So a friend of mine has told me that I can play the NWN expansion, since I am using my older PC. I would like to give a try (still on holiday and still without the new PC). Which one is better, in your opinion, for NPCs interactions?

Archived