Need suggestion for my next game

Vaalyah

Due to a post in another section, I would like to add here some explanations.

No, your words have not been useless. Thanks to your suggestions, I am actually playing HotU. As soon as I'll finish it, I am going to play some NWN modules. If instead, my beloved new computer will be fixed, I am going to finish NWN2, then some modules and then again, I'll start searching for KOTOR.

This is due to your kind suggestions. Unfortunately, I have very few time to play, about one hour at evening, so finishing a game takes me forever. But I am not going to ignore your words. Just putting them in a list (growing longer) that I am going to finish, one day or another :-P

Thank you

I don't think there are a lot of mods that deal directly with the original campaigns. I recall there was a fix for the tiefling's romance, and a console trick to get Aribeth to be your true love, but that's all I remember. It's been quite some time since I played the OCs. When you get to fan made modules, I recommend Tales of Arterra.

Yes. The only mods I know (because I'm a bit of a Valen fangirl :undecided: ) deal with adding some "fixes" (extra lines) to Valen's romance.

The only place I know where they're at is Petals and Thorns (and I think you'd need to register).

I agree that Tales of Arterra is good. As is Sanctum of the Archmage.

@ Michelle: you have strongly suggested to me HotU, for Valen and also for the plot, but starting the game I am a bit confused. I'm a the first level of Undermountain and for now, the game is just a big dungeon where I have to "go on and kill" enemies. Please, tell me... is the situation going to change? (hope hope hope)

@ both: Tales of Arterra... what does make this module so good?

Perhaps, perhaps, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura?

It is a most fancy rpg, rather old it is true, but I still find it to be of good quality...

Besides, where else does one find a steampunk game?

Yes HotU does get better just as soon as you get to the Underdark is when what I like to call the "good stuff" starts. I just reinstalled it to my laptop and am having to play though chapter 1 again instead of just starting at chapter 2 like I usually do. So just hang in there it does get good promise. :blush:

So, I need a more basic help. HotU,

SPOILER

I am the second level of Undermountain and some goblins have painted my PC (I don't even know HOW) in fluo green. Since seeing my PC moving on the screen with that horrible colour is everything but relaxing for my eyes, can someone tell me how I can get rid of that paint???

END SPOILER

thank you!

So, I need a more basic help. HotU,

SPOILER

I am the second level of Undermountain and some goblins have painted my PC (I don't even know HOW) in fluo green. Since seeing my PC moving on the screen with that horrible colour is everything but relaxing for my eyes, can someone tell me how I can get rid of that paint???

END SPOILER

thank you!

It goes away by itself pretty quickly. If that's not working, try resting or leaving the goblin area.

It's a 'marker' for the goblin catapults you'll find, the 'Goblin Picket' enemies put it on you if one of their arrows hits. You shouldn't encounter it again once you've gotten the chain for that area.

Thank you very much. Indeed it has disappeared... don't know why (I had already tried resting... unsuccessfully -_-' )... I left the area, came back, clicked on the pool, but still there. Yesterday, when I loaded the game, it wasn't there any more... Ah! Strange glitch!

Now I have to deal with the fact that Natyrra has the same portrait as my PC :-D

In the BG series, if you choose a portrait, the "owner" of that portrait changes pic. In NWN this doesn't seem to happen. Quite annoying...

By the way, is there a way to have 3 companions in the party? I know there are Natyrra and Valen, but I adore Deekin (who is so sweet! ^^ ) and I would like to keep the 3 of them with me.

Archived