Any news about release date?

Guest cugu

Guest Agashi
heh. I had better stop poking about the fora messing around, then, and get back to work :p I am hoping for something soonish, but the pre-alpha I built had some things to track down. I'll let you know this week what kind of time estimate we are talking.

No rush on such a thing. I'm sure the majority of players out there want a relatively bug-free game with Aran, so the more things you work out before the mod goes public, the better...

Incidently, how about that time estimate? ;)

Well, I could give you a time estimate on the time estimate for the time estimate... ;)

As it stands now, I am stuck with no daily work on it for the next two weeks (basically May 23 - June 3). Then, I get about an hour a day available through the 8th - then, about 3 hours a day are possible through the end of June. The unknown factor is my pathetic typing speed and incidence of typos.

Just wanted to let you know, if you happen to get that Pre-Beta/Beta up this weekend don't be surprised if you don't hear from me till Tuesday or so. I'm no less excited to finally have it in my hot little hands, but its Easter Weekend, we're just finishing moving and my mom is visiting. Have a Happy Easter everyone!!

I'm sorry! Site problems here. I will try for a link to a priivately hosted package tomorrow. Technically, all you have to do is download it from GitHub, but that can be awkward, so I'll make iteasier!

Looove you!! Yes I'm horribly technically inept. I did attempt going to GitHub but I got hopelessly lost once I started reading about taking existing files and changing their names. I'm so bad, that I was proud when I managed to re-size and make my custom portraits work. :p I'll keep checking back today. I think I'm going to make a clean install. Any mods you'd like me to include or exclude for testing purposes? I'm currently using Dungeon-Be-Gone, Flirt Pack, Banter Pack and various NPCs. I think I might hunt down an XP cap remover too, because I had the brilliant idea to play a Thief/Fighter/Mage so I can ignore party composition.

The last time I spoke with cmorgan, RL things were needing his attention, so not sure when Aran will be "officially" released. In the meantime, if you do want to download and install Aran, get the latest version from cmorgan's Github page https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand. On the main page, find the download zip button. Click this button to download the needed file. After you have the zip file downloaded, (Aran-Whitehand-master.zip), unzip the file and open the resulting folder(s). Inside the main folder, locate these two files: A folder named aranw and the setup-aranw.exe file. Depending on your zip program, there may be more than one folder you have to open to locate these files.

Copy or move the aranw folder and the setup-aranw.exe into your main BG2 directory. Then double click the setup-aranw.exe. A window will appear giving you instructions and all the different options you can choose for installing Aran. I haven't had any issues with Aran not installing doing this.

Aran is, IMO, playable but based on my run-thrus there are a couple of things I would avoid doing. (1) If you get Aran drunk the game will CTD. (2) If you also have Gavin in the party and they both get killed. Resurrecting Aran then Gavin will cause a CTD. Those two things I would avoid doing until cmorgan has a chance to look into them. Other than that, there have been no other game stopping issues in my recent games. Hope that helps.

Archived