couple minor issues

StrixO

If a user decides to omit any of the spells listed in hidespl.2da by bracketing the spell revision with /*...*/, that spell will still be removed from sorcerer level-up screens (owing to hidespl.2da). For example, omitting your 'spell shield' revision still results in removal of spell shield from sorcerer level-up.

EDIT: can you remove most of the lines from hidespl.2da, and just append each spell to it as the various spell revisions are installed?

Also, do you need to add the dimension door.spl of bgtutu to hidespl.2da? When I leveled up a sorcerer in tutu, level 4 spells included 2 dimension doors: your's and vanilla's.

Finally, if a user decides to omit the SR 'summon (fallen) planetar' and just wants your Deva and Planetar avatars, installation is aborted because weidu can't locate dvplangw.itm (which I guess is copied over in the spell revision?)

If a user decides to omit any of the spells listed in hidespl.2da by bracketing the spell revision with /*...*/, that spell will still be removed from sorcerer level-up screens (owing to hidespl.2da). For example, omitting your 'spell shield' revision still results in removal of spell shield from sorcerer level-up.

EDIT: can you remove most of the lines from hidespl.2da, and just append each spell to it as the various spell revisions are installed?

That sounds doable.

Also, do you need to add the dimension door.spl of bgtutu to hidespl.2da? When I leveled up a sorcerer in tutu, level 4 spells included 2 dimension doors: your's and vanilla's.

That's an oversight. The Tutu version is spwi450.

Finally, if a user decides to omit the SR 'summon (fallen) planetar' and just wants your Deva and Planetar avatars, installation is aborted because weidu can't locate dvplangw.itm (which I guess is copied over in the spell revision?)

If the code detects that the main component is installed, it presumes these files were copied over. It should be simple to make it a little smarter and copy them over whenever they're not there.

Thanks for the suggestions; they're all good ideas.

Thanks for the reply. In the Deva and Planetar avatar tweak, it looks like everyone gets an armor assigned execpt the Planetar. 3rd to last line:

// changes for planetars
DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO ~PLANETAR_ANIMATION~ BEGIN
 LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~CELESTIAL_ANIMATIONS~
INT_VAR
  animation = 0x6201 // mage_male_elf
  metal_colour = 105
<snipped for length>
  damage_strref = 61730
  dying_strref = 61731
  hurt_strref = 61732
  select_common1_strref = 61724
  select_common2_strref = 61725
  select_common3_strref = 61726
STR_VAR
  armour = ~~
 END
END

Shouldn't there be a "dvplanga" in there? The remaining celestials are assigned dvplanea, dvdevaga, or dvdevaea.

Thanks for the reply. In the Deva and Planetar avatar tweak, it looks like everyone gets an armor assigned execpt the Planetar.

Shouldn't there be a "dvplanga" in there? The remaining celestials are assigned dvplanea, dvdevaga, or dvdevaea.

If I recall correctly, the "armor" just changes the planetar's avatar from an unarmored mage to mage robe 2, and it was decided it looked better without it.

Thanks for the reply. In the Deva and Planetar avatar tweak, it looks like everyone gets an armor assigned execpt the Planetar.

If I recall correctly, the "armor" just changes the planetar's avatar from an unarmored mage to mage robe 2, and it was decided it looked better without it.

My bad then. When I glanced at the armor equipped by the fallen planetar, it looked like it conferred several immunities, notably including Maze and Imprisonment...? I couldn't find those immunties with the regular planetar. I'll take a second look.

EDIT: Yeah, Planetar easily imprisoned, Fallen is immune (along with additional resistances, I think?). Inclusion of armor for one planetar and not the other unbalances them. Can't a ring take care of all these immunities, if the concern is the avatar's appearance?

EDIT2: I actually opened NI and looked at the files in question. You're right, of course, the "good" armor had no effects. Was it the intention to give additional immunities to the Fallen via the armor (which does confer several immunities) and not to the regular?

The armors are supposed to just be cosmetic. They originally had resistances on them, but when this component was added, the resistances were supposed to be moved to the rings, which only get installed with the main SR component.

The armors are supposed to just be cosmetic. They originally had resistances on them, but when this component was added, the resistances were supposed to be moved to the rings, which only get installed with the main SR component.

OK, I see what happened. Since I did not install the planetar revisions of the main component, the rings were not carried over (and it's not coded for in the avatar tweak, which I now understand was the intent).

The armors of the planetar (which I've learned from you isn't used anyway) and the deva do not retain any immunities/etc, as was the intent (the rings do). Unfortunately, both the armors for the fallen planetar and fallen deva have retained all the immunities/resistances, which are mirrored by their respective rings.

Archived