Separate talks, as friendtalks are suspended in Underdark - like the flirts, separation and the PID separation, the whole "party in disguise" thing and the environment itself leads to conceptual problems dealing with growth of a friendship and sequencing.

So, a set of 5 talks that are more 'psychology and scenery' than friendship evolution. People talk, even under (or especially under) high stress.

/* SoA UnderDark FriendTalks */

/*  SoA UnderDark FriendTalk 1 */
IF ~Global("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1689
 SAY ~[ARAN] Do you think we could move this along a little? This place be my idea o' a nightmare wrapped up in one o' those tales told to scare children.~
 ++ ~[PC] We are moving along as best we can. Calm down, take a big breath, and get yourself under control. The Underdark may be legendary, but then again, so are we.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2040
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, shut up. What a big baby. You talk about being a tough military man, yet go all weak-kneed at a little fungus and some Drow?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2041
 ++ ~[PC] It is bothering me, too, Aran. But complaining about it will not get us any further.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2042
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1907 /* c-aranshutup1 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1909 /* c-aranshutup3 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1911 /* c-aranshutup5 */
 + ~InParty("aerie") InMyArea("aerie") Global("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] You sound like Aerie.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1687
 + ~!Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1672
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1671
 + ~OR(7) Global("c-arankravitchstory","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancarbonara","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancalimport","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arangerris","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arandadtrade","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranfistfight","LOCALS",1) GlobalGT("c-aranmoonfight","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, I remember you telling a story... can you tell it to me again?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1673
 + ~InParty("ADANGEL") InMyArea("ADANGEL") !StateCheck("ADANGEL",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2103","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Angelo seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2103
 + ~InParty("Anishai") InMyArea("Anishai") !StateCheck("Anishai",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2104","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Anishai seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2104
 + ~InParty("Azure") InMyArea("Azure") !StateCheck("Azure",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2105","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Azure seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2105
 + ~InParty("B!Gavin2") InMyArea("B!Gavin2") !StateCheck("B!Gavin2",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2106","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Gavin seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2106
 + ~InParty("b!haldamir") InMyArea("b!haldamir") !StateCheck("b!haldamir",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2107","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Haldamir seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2107
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1788
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",1) GlobalTimerExpired("c-aranskin","GLOBAL")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1789
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) GlobalTimerExpired("c-aranskin","GLOBAL")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1790
END

IF ~~ a2040
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, I be a legend in my own mind, eh?~
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ + a1907 /* c-aranshutup1 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ + a1909 /* c-aranshutup3 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ + a1911 /* c-aranshutup5 */
 + ~InParty("BIDDE") InMyArea("BIDDE") !StateCheck("BIDDE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2108","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Biddekorak seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2108
 + ~InParty("BWTOUCHX") InMyArea("BWTOUCHX") !StateCheck("BWTOUCHX",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2109","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Touchstone seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2109
 + ~InParty("CALLISTO") InMyArea("CALLISTO") !StateCheck("CALLISTO",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2110","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Callisto seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2110
 + ~InParty("WILLYB") InMyArea("WILLYB") !StateCheck("WILLYB",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2111","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Bruce seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2111
 + ~InParty("WLBRAN") InMyArea("WLBRAN") !StateCheck("WLBRAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2112","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Bruce seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2112
 + ~InParty("Skooter") InMyArea("Skooter") !StateCheck("Skooter",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2173","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Skooter seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2173
 + ~InParty("SOLAUFEIN") InMyArea("SOLAUFEIN") !StateCheck("SOLAUFEIN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2174","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Solaufein seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2174
 + ~InParty("xulaye") InMyArea("xulaye") !StateCheck("xulaye",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2175","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Xulaye seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2175
 + ~!Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1672
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1671
 + ~OR(7) Global("c-arankravitchstory","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancarbonara","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancalimport","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arangerris","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arandadtrade","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranfistfight","LOCALS",1) GlobalGT("c-aranmoonfight","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, I remember you telling a story... can you tell it to me again?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1673
 ++ ~[PC] You know you are interrupting our travels with random comments, right?~ + a2052
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, more than one person thinks you are legendary. There are probably entire books on the famous Inedible Whitehand Curry.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] Stop worrying, Aran. You are letting things get to you.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] You could help move things along down here if you would actually hit something once in awhile. I thought you were a soldier, not a recruit.~ + a2055
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, we can spice things up. Why don't we go find something really disgusting, and slowly torture it to death, just to hear it scream!~ + a2056
END

IF ~~ a2041
 SAY ~[ARAN] I do be reservin' th' right to be scared out o' my skin, on account o we be wanderin' th' worst collection o' fungus, mold, slime, an' evil anywhere. It's not th' hordes o' Drow that get me, though. It be th' creepin' fungus what covers everythin'. I keep wakin' up expectin' to find I have been half digested.~
 + ~InParty("Minsc") InMyArea("Minsc") !StateCheck("Minsc",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2176","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Minsc seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2176
 + ~InParty("Korgan") InMyArea("Korgan") !StateCheck("Korgan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2177","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Korgan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2177
 + ~InParty("Keldorn") InMyArea("Keldorn") !StateCheck("Keldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2178","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Keldorn seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2178
 + ~InParty("Valygar") InMyArea("Valygar") !StateCheck("Valygar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2179","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Valygar seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2179
 + ~InParty("Viconia") InMyArea("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2180","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Viconia seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2180
 + ~InParty("Nalia") InMyArea("Nalia") !StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2181","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Nalia seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2181
 + ~InParty("Mazzy") InMyArea("Mazzy") !StateCheck("Mazzy",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2182","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Mazzy seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2182
 + ~InParty("Jaheira") InMyArea("Jaheira") !StateCheck("Jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2183","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Jaheira seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2183
 + ~InParty("Jan") InMyArea("Jan") !StateCheck("Jan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2184","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Jan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2184
 + ~InParty("Imoen2") InMyArea("Imoen2") !StateCheck("Imoen2",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2185","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Imoen seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2185
 + ~InParty("HaerDalis") InMyArea("HaerDalis") !StateCheck("HaerDalis",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2186","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] HaerDalis seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2186
 + ~InParty("Edwin") InMyArea("Edwin") !StateCheck("Edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2187","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Edwin seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2187
 + ~InParty("Anomen") InMyArea("Anomen") !StateCheck("Anomen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2188","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Anomen seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2188
 + ~InParty("Cernd") InMyArea("Cernd") !StateCheck("Cernd",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2189","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Cernd seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2189
 + ~InParty("Yoshimo") InMyArea("Yoshimo") !StateCheck("Yoshimo",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2190","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Yoshimo seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2190
 ++ ~[PC] We should be keeping our eyes open and not wasting time with all of this talk, you know.~ + a2052
 ++ ~[PC] And here I thought it would be more uncomfortable to wake up and find yourself fully digested.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] You should stop worrying so much about everything, and concentrate on your duties.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] You could help move things along down here if you would actually hit something once in awhile. I thought you were a soldier, not a recruit.~ + a2055
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, we can spice things up. Why don't we go find something really disgusting, and slowly torture it to death, just to hear it scream!~ + a2056
END

IF ~~ a2042
 SAY ~[ARAN] Mayhap not. But it be a soldier's right to complain, an' it sure beats runnin' around screamin' "We're all goin' to die! We're all goin' to die!"~
 + ~InParty("Minsc") InMyArea("Minsc") !StateCheck("Minsc",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2176","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Minsc seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2176
 + ~InParty("Korgan") InMyArea("Korgan") !StateCheck("Korgan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2177","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Korgan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2177
 + ~InParty("Keldorn") InMyArea("Keldorn") !StateCheck("Keldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2178","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Keldorn seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2178
 + ~InParty("Valygar") InMyArea("Valygar") !StateCheck("Valygar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2179","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Valygar seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2179
 + ~InParty("Viconia") InMyArea("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2180","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Viconia seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2180
 + ~InParty("Nalia") InMyArea("Nalia") !StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2181","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Nalia seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2181
 + ~InParty("Mazzy") InMyArea("Mazzy") !StateCheck("Mazzy",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2182","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Mazzy seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2182
 + ~InParty("Jaheira") InMyArea("Jaheira") !StateCheck("Jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2183","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Jaheira seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2183
 + ~InParty("Jan") InMyArea("Jan") !StateCheck("Jan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2184","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Jan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2184
 + ~InParty("Imoen2") InMyArea("Imoen2") !StateCheck("Imoen2",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2185","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Imoen seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2185
 + ~InParty("HaerDalis") InMyArea("HaerDalis") !StateCheck("HaerDalis",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2186","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] HaerDalis seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2186
 + ~InParty("Edwin") InMyArea("Edwin") !StateCheck("Edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2187","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Edwin seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2187
 + ~InParty("Anomen") InMyArea("Anomen") !StateCheck("Anomen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2188","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Anomen seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2188
 + ~InParty("Cernd") InMyArea("Cernd") !StateCheck("Cernd",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2189","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Cernd seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2189
 + ~InParty("Yoshimo") InMyArea("Yoshimo") !StateCheck("Yoshimo",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2190","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Yoshimo seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2190
 ++ ~[PC] We should be keeping our eyes open and not wasting time with all of this talk, you know.~ + a2052
 ++ ~[PC] Now that I would pay to see. I'll even give you a skirt to wear while doing it.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] You should stop worrying so much about everything, and concentrate on your duties.~ + a2054
END

IF ~~ a1788
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, your armor be all wrong. I know you be th' scourge o' Faerun, but you don't have to wear your heart on your sleeve, eh? In this case, someone else's, by th' look. Not a great morale boostin' thing, by my account.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",1) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ GOTO a1791
END

IF ~~ a1791
 SAY ~[ARAN] But there be more botherin' me than that bundle o' leathered human skin you be wearin'. Do you think we could move this along a little? This whole Underdark be my idea o' a nightmare wrapped up in one o' those tales told to scare children.~
 ++ ~[PC] We are moving along as best we can. Calm down, take a big breath, and get yourself under control. The Underdark may be legendary, but then again, so are we.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2040
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, shut up. What a big baby. You talk about being a tough military man, yet go all weak-kneed at a little fungus and some Drow?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2041
 ++ ~[PC] It is bothering me, too, Aran. But complaining about it will not get us any further.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2042
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1907 /* c-aranshutup1 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1909 /* c-aranshutup3 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. If you want this over with quickly, stop wasting time with smalltalk.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1911 /* c-aranshutup5 */
 + ~InParty("aerie") InMyArea("aerie") Global("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] You sound like Aerie.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1687
END

IF ~~ a1789
 SAY ~[ARAN] You stll be wearin' that Grumbar-lovin' Cyric-blighted armor? Gives me th' chills, it does.~
 ++ ~[PC] If it bothers you that much, I will take it off.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1791
 ++ ~[PC] I think it has a great effect on our opponents' morale. You are just going to have to get used to it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1791
 ++ ~[PC] If I wanted you opinion, I would have asked.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1791
 ++ ~[PC] Shut up, or your ears will add decoration to it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1791
END

IF ~~ a1790
 SAY ~[ARAN] Look, I do a good bit around here, an' I know you be th' leader. I'm just sayin', that armor makes it blighted hard for me to do my job. Th' smell be only part o' it. Shar's Kiss, get rid o' it, eh?~
 ++ ~[PC] Or you will run crying like a weakling child, break your contract, and leave?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1793
 ++ ~[PC] Shut up, Aran. I heard you the first two times. I will use what tools I see fit to advance my goals.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1793
 ++ ~[PC] Are you volunteering to add more skin to this armor? Speak again, and I will ~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1793
 ++ ~[PC] I may very well take it off. You are useful. But then again, I might put it back on. You will have to get used to it, or leave.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1793
 ++ ~[PC] You do very little, and I am tired of your whining. That is the lasty warning you will get.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1793
END

IF ~~ a1793
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, I don't go around second guessin' you. So if I be sayin' it, you know there be one hells of a lot more people who have noticed. Might fit your ideas, but it be bad tactics to give away your position that way.~
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO a1791
END

IF ~~ a1794
 SAY ~[ARAN] Cyric's Black Heart, I don't run out on contracts. But you smell worse than a charnelhouse. If I throw up, you will be knowin' why.~
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO a1791
END

/*  SoA UnderDark FriendTalk 2 */
IF ~Global("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN BEGIN a1690
 SAY ~[ARAN] This place be like a great huge weight on me, pushin' down. I done heard o' bein' in th' bowels o' th' earth, but I never did think to be there myself.~
 ++ ~[PC] Why do I think you are about to make some horrible childish intestine joke?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2043
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. In fact, it is a lousy time, so shut up.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1907 /* c-aranshutup1 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. In fact, it is a lousy time, so shut up.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1909 /* c-aranshutup3 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran. In fact, it is a lousy time, so shut up.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1911 /* c-aranshutup5 */
 ++ ~[PC] I was wondering what that smell was. I just assumed it was you.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2044
 + ~InParty("aerie") InMyArea("aerie") Global("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] You keep that depressing talk up, and we will have to do something to calm Aerie down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1687
 + ~!Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1672
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1671
 + ~OR(7) Global("c-arankravitchstory","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancarbonara","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancalimport","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arangerris","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arandadtrade","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranfistfight","LOCALS",1) GlobalGT("c-aranmoonfight","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, I remember you telling a story... can you tell it to me again?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1673
 + ~InParty("WxJon") InMyArea("WxJon") !StateCheck("WxJon",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2113","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Jonathan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2113
 + ~InParty("CHLOE") InMyArea("CHLOE") !StateCheck("CHLOE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2114","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Chloe seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2114
 + ~InParty("RCHLOE") InMyArea("RCHLOE") !StateCheck("RCHLOE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2115","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Chloe seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2115
 + ~InParty("CMALORA") InMyArea("CMALORA") !StateCheck("CMALORA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2116","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Alora seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2116
 + ~InParty("CMGMIRIAM") InMyArea("CMGMIRIAM") !StateCheck("CMGMIRIAM",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2117","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Mirriam seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",4) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2117
END

IF ~~ a2043
 SAY ~[ARAN] You know me so well, oh great leader. Unfortunately, there be little enough to joke about when th' smell down here be worse than anythin' I ever did smell.~
 + ~InParty("DL#BWN") InMyArea("DL#BWN") !StateCheck("DL#BWN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2123","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Branwen seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2123
 + ~InParty("DYNAHEIR") InMyArea("DYNAHEIR") !StateCheck("DYNAHEIR",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2124","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Dynaheir seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2124
 + ~InParty("E3Fade") InMyArea("E3Fade") !StateCheck("E3Fade",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2125","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Fade seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2125
 + ~InParty("FHLAND") InMyArea("FHLAND") !StateCheck("FHLAND",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2126","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Andrei seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2126
 + ~InParty("FHLSEB") InMyArea("FHLSEB") !StateCheck("FHLSEB",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2127","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Sebastian seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2127
 ++ ~[PC] And here I thought you had experienced everything worth experiencing, oh teller of tall tales. Just think of the stories you will be able to tell your children. If any woman can get past the permanent stench, that is.~ + a2053
END

IF ~~ a2044
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now there be no call for that kind o' talk. I don't smell that bad, not on my worst day ever! An' it never lets up. At least topside you can get a breeze an' some relief.~
 + ~InParty("FINIREN") InMyArea("FINIREN") !StateCheck("FINIREN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2128","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Irenicus seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2128
 + ~InParty("FWGhareth") InMyArea("FWGhareth") !StateCheck("FWGhareth",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2129","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Ghareth seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2129
 + ~InParty("GOZALOTH") InMyArea("GOZALOTH") !StateCheck("GOZALOTH",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2130","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Goo seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2130
 + ~InParty("Horace") InMyArea("Horace") !StateCheck("Horace",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2131","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Horace seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2131
 + ~InParty("Hubelpot") InMyArea("Hubelpot") !StateCheck("Hubelpot",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2132","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Hubelpot seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2132
 ++ ~[PC] Unless, of course, you are downwind of a certain Aran Whitehand... at which point the stream of gas is almost constant.~ + a2053
END

IF ~~ a1687
 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye, I be a mite worried about that girl. Girl? Woman? Don't rightly know which to call her, nohow. On th' one hand, she can blow th' crap out o' a fight wi' a well placed spell, but on th' other hand she seems right innocent for a circus follower. This whole underground warren o' evil be th' wrong place for her, for sure.~
 ++ ~[PC] You seem to be spending a good deal of time looking over at her.~ + a1695
 ++ ~[PC] You let me worry about Aerie. I think you have enough trouble just keeping up with your own problems.~ + a1704
END

IF ~~ a1695
 SAY ~[ARAN] Look, I'm not about to lie to you. Aerie, she tugs at my heartstrings, an' a bit at my loins too. I'd not be a man if I didn't see her as a might bit attractive.~
 IF ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO a1696
 IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO a1697
 IF ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO a1698
END

IF ~~ a1696
 SAY ~[ARAN] Man to man, though, an' no offense intended, but she's way too high maintenance for me. I'd not bed her, for fear o' hurtin' her. She don't need no romp. She needs someone what can give her th' support, patience, an' true love what will heal her. Me, I'm not rightly that man. You might be, though...~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1697
 SAY ~[ARAN] Friend to friend, though, an' no offense intended, but she's a might too high maintenance for me. I'd not kick her out o' my bedroll if she came callin' lookin' for comfort, but I'm not lookin' to tie myself down for a long term contract. An' I think she probably won't be up for anythin' short of a lifetime commitment.~
 ++ ~[PC] Is that what you say about me behind my back, too?~ + a1699
 + ~Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] That didn't stop you from having some fun with me, if I recall correctly.~ + a1700
END

IF ~~ a1698
 SAY ~[ARAN] But <CHARNAME>, no offense intended... I am not sure why you think I'd prefer her over you. You are beautiful, special, an' make me feel... well, you make me feel. Why would I go throw that away on a high maintenance Avariel what needs protectin', comfortin', an' hand-holdin' just to get out o' bed in th' morning? I think I have been pretty clear on what I want. An' that be you.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1699
 SAY ~[ARAN] No way, no how, naught. I know to keep my mouth shut on that subject. Though I do think I probably wouldn't kick you out o' my bedroll if you came a-callin', either.~
 ++ ~[PC] Why do I get the feeling that very few women would ever be refused your "comfort"?~ + a1702
 ++ ~[PC] How does a rough, ill-mannered, uppity, vagabond sellsword like yourself get away with being so free in his manner with women?~ + a1702
 ++ ~[PC] You just don't know where friendly joking ends and rude pushy stupidity begins, do you.~ + a1701
 + ~Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] You are so.... so... Why did I ever let you sleep with me?~ + a1700
END

IF ~~ a1700
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, now, if I do be recallin' correctly in return, that was mutual attraction. Plus a mite bit o' stress. An' a good deal o' "Oh, gods, Aran, gods...", which do a man's ego a huge boost, it does.~
 = ~[ARAN] But wi' you, there is a big difference. Even when you don't know your own mind, you have a presence, a way o' bein' there that be right different than Aerie. Or mayhap... mayhap I think o' you in a completely different way, eh?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1701
 SAY ~[ARAN] You mean to say there be a line between th' two? Heh. That explains why so many women seem to think my cheeks make good slappin' targets.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1702
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, my mother done taught me right. If a lady needs somethin', don't talk back - just do what she be askin'. Saves a heap o' trouble, it does. Except that time when I done what th' lady asked, only to find out there should have been a mite bit more communication with her husband...~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1703
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, when you put it that way, I suspect you be right.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1704
 SAY ~[ARAN] An' what, pray tell, be my problems?~
 ++ ~[PC] Besides always smelling like a badly burned pot of beans or decomposing swamp gas about an hour after eating curry?~ + a1703
 ++ ~[PC] You mean in addition to never being able to shut up?~ + a1703
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] Do I have to mention the whole "oh, I just accidentally walked around the bushes and saw you with no clothes on, <CHARNAME>, don't mind me" incident?~ + a1703
 + ~Gender(Player2,FEMALE) !Name("c-aran",Player2)~ + ~[PC] Do I have to mention the whole "oh, sorry, <PLAYER3>, don't mind me. I am just checking to see if your bust will fit into this here Drow armor" incident?~ + a1703
 + ~Gender(Player3,FEMALE) !Name("c-aran",Player3)~ + ~[PC] Do I have to mention the whole "oh, I just accidentally tripped and grabbed your buttocks, <PLAYER3>, don't mind me" incident?~ + a1703
 + ~Gender(Player4,FEMALE) !Name("c-aran",Player4)~ + ~[PC] Do I have to mention the whole "<PLAYER4> might need some help stuffing her bottom into that Drow outfit" incident?~ + a1703
 + ~Gender(Player5,FEMALE) !Name("c-aran",Player5)~ + ~[PC] Do I have to mention the whole "<PLAYER5>, just let me tighten that strap for you" incident?~ + a1703
 + ~Gender(Player6,FEMALE) !Name("c-aran",Player6) !Name("viconia",Player6)~ + ~[PC] Do I have to mention the whole "<PLAYER6>, you have something on your chest, let me brush it off" incident?~ + a1703
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, you don't *have* problems. You just *cause* problems.~ + a1703
 ++ ~[PC] Let me see... Swearing at every opportunity, check. Being crude, check. Being offensive, check. Being drunk... check, check, check, and check. Hardly ever picking up the check, check.~ + a1703
END

/*  SoA UnderDark FriendTalk 3 */
IF ~Global("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN BEGIN a1691
 SAY ~[ARAN] So, you doin' anythin' fun tonight? I figure we could use some distraction from all this grimness an' darkness.~
 ++ ~[PC] Err... Aran... look around. Do you really think this is a place with a nice corner pub we can go visit?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2045
 ++ ~[PC] Actually, I thought I would go for a nice walk. Do you want to come along?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2046
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, no you don't. I am not falling for that again. Last time, we ended up in a dice game that cost me dearly.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2047
 ++ ~[PC] I think a cooking contest is in order. The secret ingredient will be... fungus!~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2048
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] Do I look like I am in the mood for talk of any kind?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1907 /* c-aranshutup1 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] Do I look like I am in the mood for talk of any kind?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1943 /* c-aranshutup37 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] Do I look like I am in the mood for talk of any kind?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1911 /* c-aranshutup5 */
 + ~InParty("aerie") InMyArea("aerie") Global("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] We should do something to perk up Aerie. She seems to be very upset about being down here.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1687
 + ~!Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1672
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1671
 + ~OR(7) Global("c-arankravitchstory","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancarbonara","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancalimport","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arangerris","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arandadtrade","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranfistfight","LOCALS",1) GlobalGT("c-aranmoonfight","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, I remember you telling a story... can you tell it to me again?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1673
 + ~InParty("CMNIKITA") InMyArea("CMNIKITA") !StateCheck("CMNIKITA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2118","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Nikita seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2118
 + ~InParty("CMNINAF") InMyArea("CMNINAF") !StateCheck("CMNINAF",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2119","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Ninafer seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2119
 + ~InParty("CORAN") InMyArea("CORAN") !StateCheck("CORAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2120","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Coran seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2120
 + ~InParty("D#Silver") InMyArea("D#Silver") !StateCheck("D#Silver",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2121","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] SilverStar seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2121
 + ~InParty("D0Alassa") InMyArea("D0Alassa") !StateCheck("D0Alassa",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2122","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Alassa seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2122
 + ~InParty("Rylorn") InMyArea("Rylorn") !StateCheck("Rylorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2168","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Rylorn seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2168
 + ~InParty("SAERILETH") InMyArea("SAERILETH") !StateCheck("SAERILETH",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2169","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Sarileth seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2169
 + ~InParty("SIME") InMyArea("SIME") !StateCheck("SIME",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2171","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Sime seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2171
 + ~InParty("SUBRU") InMyArea("SUBRU") !StateCheck("SUBRU",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2170","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Bruce seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2170
 + ~InParty("SK#NEHT") InMyArea("SK#NEHT") !StateCheck("SK#NEHT",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2172","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Neh'taniel seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2172
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1783
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",1) GlobalTimerExpired("c-aranskin","GLOBAL")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1784
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) GlobalTimerExpired("c-aranskin","GLOBAL")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1785
END

IF ~~ a1783
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, your armor be all wrong. I know you be th' scourge o' Faerun, but you don't have to wear your heart on your sleeve, eh? In this case, someone else's, by th' look. Not a great morale boostin' thing, by my account.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",1) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ GOTO a1792
END

IF ~~ a1792
 SAY ~[ARAN] But there be more botherin' me than that bundle o' leathered human skin you be wearin'. There has to be somethin' fun around here to do. I figure we could use some distraction from all this grimness an' darkness.~
 ++ ~[PC] Err... Aran... look around. Do you really think this is a place with a nice corner pub we can go visit?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2045
 ++ ~[PC] Actually, I thought I would go for a nice walk. Do you want to come along?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2046
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, no you don't. I am not falling for that again. Last time, we ended up in a dice game that cost me dearly.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2047
 ++ ~[PC] I think a cooking contest is in order. The secret ingredient will be... fungus!~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2048
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] Do I look like I am in the mood for talk of any kind?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1907 /* c-aranshutup1 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] Do I look like I am in the mood for talk of any kind?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1943 /* c-aranshutup37 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] Do I look like I am in the mood for talk of any kind?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1911 /* c-aranshutup5 */
 + ~InParty("aerie") InMyArea("aerie") Global("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] We should do something to perk up Aerie. She seems to be very upset about being down here.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1687
 + ~!Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1672
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1671
 + ~OR(7) Global("c-arankravitchstory","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancarbonara","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancalimport","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arangerris","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arandadtrade","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranfistfight","LOCALS",1) GlobalGT("c-aranmoonfight","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, I remember you telling a story... can you tell it to me again?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1673
END

IF ~~ a1784
 SAY ~[ARAN] You stll be wearin' that Grumbar-lovin' Cyric-blighted armor? Gives me th' chills, it does.~
 ++ ~[PC] If it bothers you that much, I will take it off.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1786
 ++ ~[PC] I think it has a great effect on our opponents' morale. You are just going to have to get used to it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1786
 ++ ~[PC] If I wanted you opinion, I would have asked.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1786
 ++ ~[PC] Shut up, or your ears will add decoration to it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranskin","GLOBAL",FOUR_DAYS)~ + a1786
END

IF ~~ a1785
 SAY ~[ARAN] Look, I do a good bit around here, an' I know you be th' leader. I'm just sayin', that armor makes it blighted hard for me to do my job. Th' smell be only part o' it. Shar's Kiss, get rid o' it, eh?~
 ++ ~[PC] Or you will run crying like a weakling child, break your contract, and leave?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1787
 ++ ~[PC] Shut up, Aran. I heard you the first two times. I will use what tools I see fit to advance my goals.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1787
 ++ ~[PC] Are you volunteering to add more skin to this armor? Speak again, and I will consider you have volunteered.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1787
 ++ ~[PC] I may very well take it off. You are useful. But then again, I might put it back on. You will have to get used to it, or leave.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1787
 ++ ~[PC] You do very little, and I am tired of your whining. That is the lasty warning you will get.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",3)~ + a1787
END

IF ~~ a1786
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, I don't go around second guessin' you. So if I be sayin' it, you know there be one hells of a lot more people who have noticed. Might fit your ideas, but it be bad tactics to give away your position that way.~
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO a1792
END

IF ~~ a1787
 SAY ~[ARAN] Cyric's Black Heart, I don't run out on contracts. But you smell worse than a charnelhouse. If I throw up, you will be knowin' why.~
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO a1792
END

IF ~~ a2045
 SAY ~[ARAN] You have a good point there. Th' only pub I might find around here probably serves our blood up as an appetizer, an' our fingers an' toes as side dishes.~
 + ~InParty("IYLOS") InMyArea("IYLOS") !StateCheck("IYLOS",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2133","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Ilyos seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2133
 + ~InParty("xulaye") InMyArea("xulaye") !StateCheck("xulaye",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2134","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Xulae seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2134
 + ~InParty("YASRAENA") InMyArea("YASRAENA") !StateCheck("YASRAENA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2135","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Yasraena seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2135
 + ~InParty("ZAIYA") InMyArea("ZAIYA") !StateCheck("ZAIYA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2136","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Zaia seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2136
 + ~InParty("J#Kelsey") InMyArea("J#Kelsey") !StateCheck("J#Kelsey",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2137","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kelsey seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2137
 + ~InParty("O#XAN") InMyArea("O#XAN") !StateCheck("O#XAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2163","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Xan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2163
 + ~InParty("P#DEHER") InMyArea("P#DEHER") !StateCheck("P#DEHER",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2164","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Xan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2164
 + ~InParty("P#KIVAN") InMyArea("P#KIVAN") !StateCheck("P#KIVAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2165","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kivan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2165
 + ~InParty("R#ALLIS") InMyArea("R#ALLIS") !StateCheck("R#ALLIS",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2166","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Allison seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2166
 + ~InParty("R#Kitanya") InMyArea("R#Kitanya") !StateCheck("R#Kitanya",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2167","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kitanya seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2167
 ++ ~[PC] I'll take a side order of Aran Toes, but go light on the fungus.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] I think you are doing well, Aran. You should stop worrying so much.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, we can spice things up. Why don't we go fid something really disgusting, and slowly torture it to death, just to hear it scream!~ + a2056
END

IF ~~ a2046 
 SAY ~[ARAN] Why, sure. Let me get my best dancin' shoes, an' we can tiptoe through th' unspeakable dangers, screamin' "hey, look at us, we aren't from around here".~
 + ~InParty("JCBruce") InMyArea("JCBruce") !StateCheck("JCBruce",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2138","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Bruce seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2138
 + ~InParty("K#Auren") InMyArea("K#Auren") !StateCheck("K#Auren",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2139","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Auren seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2139
 + ~InParty("K#Bana") InMyArea("K#Bana") !StateCheck("K#Bana",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2140","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Bananna seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2140
 + ~InParty("K#Sarah") InMyArea("K#Sarah") !StateCheck("K#Sarah",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2141","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Sarah seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2141
 + ~InParty("K#SHEENA") InMyArea("K#SHEENA") !StateCheck("K#SHEENA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2142","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Sheena seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2142
 ++ ~[PC] You know this is distracting, right? Interrupting me with trivial talk?~ + a2052
 ++ ~[PC] I don't know. I bet you dance like a drunken Drow, so only half of Underdark will pay any attention at all.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] I said walk, not dance. I was figuring you wanted to try to clear your head, and the closest we can come to is changing a little bit of the scenery.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] You could distrct yourself by practicing, since your comat skills lately have been abyssmal.~ + a2055
 ++ ~[PC] I have an even better idea. We can strip naked and run through the Underdark shouting random curses, and see if it wakes up a really big nasty evil creature bent on our destruction!~ + a2056
END

IF ~~ a2047 
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, I remember that game a mite bit differently. But I do get your meanin'. Plus,I think I need all my luck centered on survivin' this place, so I'd best not waste it on games, eh?~
 + ~InParty("KACHIKO") InMyArea("KACHIKO") !StateCheck("KACHIKO",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2143","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kachiko seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2143
 + ~InParty("Kari") InMyArea("Kari") !StateCheck("Kari",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2144","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kari seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2144
 + ~InParty("Keto") InMyArea("Keto") !StateCheck("Keto",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2145","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Keto seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2145
 + ~InParty("TSUJATH") InMyArea("TSUJATH") !StateCheck("TSUJATH",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2146","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Tsjuatha seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2146
 + ~InParty("Valen") InMyArea("Valen") !StateCheck("Valen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2147","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Valen seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2147
 ++ ~[PC] You know this is distracting, right? Interrupting me with trivial talk?~ + a2052
 ++ ~[PC] With your luck, I think I would use it all up gambling, Aran. That way you might get through all the bad luck and discover some good.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] Why don't you relax a little by remembering some good games, and positive memories. That might help you stay focused.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] I think you should practice hitting things. You seem to be unable to keep decent concentration lately.~ + a2055
 ++ ~[PC] We culd gamble using the heards and hands of our next few enemies. Better yet, we could collect their teeth to use as markers.~ + a2056
END

IF ~~ a2048 
 SAY ~[ARAN] Laugh away, laugh away. You will be singin' a new tune when you realize next to nothin' around here is even remotely edible, an' th' stuff that is tastes like dung.~
 + ~InParty("Z_MODDY") InMyArea("Z_MODDY") !StateCheck("Z_MODDY",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2148","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Moddy seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2148
 + ~InParty("KIARA") InMyArea("KIARA") !StateCheck("KIARA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2149","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kiara seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2149
 + ~InParty("KINDREK") InMyArea("KINDREK") !StateCheck("KINDREK",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2150","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kindrek seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2150
 + ~InParty("Kiyone") InMyArea("Kiyone") !StateCheck("Kiyone",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2151","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kiyone seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2151
 + ~InParty("Kova") InMyArea("Kova") !StateCheck("Kova",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2152","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kova seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2152
 ++ ~[PC] Oooh. Dung! So an improvement on your regular cooking, right?~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] You do well enough when it is your turn to cook. I am even beginning to like your versions of curry.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] I think you should stop worrying about food and practice hitting things. You seem to be unable to keep decent concentration lately.~ + a2055
 ++ ~[PC] I think you should just give up and serve the dung directly. It saves time and probably won't make much difference in the long run.~ + a2056
END  

/*  SoA UnderDark FriendTalk 4 */
IF ~Global("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",7)~ THEN BEGIN a1692
 SAY ~[ARAN] Do you think it be sunny up topside today, or cloudy?~
 ++ ~[PC] I don't care. I never bothered much with the weather anyways. I always was more of a city <PRO_BOYGIRL> than a country mouse.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2049
 ++ ~[PC] It doesn't matter much, does it. I wonder if this place ever ends?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2050
 + ~RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1907 /* c-aranshutup1 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1909 /* c-aranshutup3 */
 + ~RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] It is not a great time to talk right now, Aran.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1911 /* c-aranshutup5 */
 + ~InParty("aerie") InMyArea("aerie") Global("c-aranaerieud","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Sunny, I bet. Hey, we should do something to perk up Aerie. She seems to be very upset about being down here.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1687
 + ~InParty("WxJon") InMyArea("WxJon") !StateCheck("WxJon",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2113","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Jonathan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2113
 + ~InParty("CHLOE") InMyArea("CHLOE") !StateCheck("CHLOE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2114","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Chloe seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2114
 + ~InParty("RCHLOE") InMyArea("RCHLOE") !StateCheck("RCHLOE",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2115","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Chloe seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2115
 + ~InParty("CMALORA") InMyArea("CMALORA") !StateCheck("CMALORA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2116","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Alora seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2116
 + ~InParty("CMGMIRIAM") InMyArea("CMGMIRIAM") !StateCheck("CMGMIRIAM",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2117","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Mirriam seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2117
 + ~!Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Thinking about the sky is not going to help you down here. Take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract us from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1672
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC]Thinking about the sky is not going to help you down here. Take your mind off of it. Tell me a story to distract us from all this oppressive darkness.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1671
 + ~OR(7) Global("c-arankravitchstory","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancarbonara","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancalimport","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arangerris","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arandadtrade","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranfistfight","LOCALS",1) GlobalGT("c-aranmoonfight","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] I really don't want to follow that thought. It is too depressing. Hey, Aran, I remember you telling a story... can you tell it to me again?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1673
 ++ ~[PC] I don't care. I never bothered much with the weather anyways. I always was more of a city <PRO_BOYGIRL> than a country mouse.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2049
 ++ ~[PC] It doesn't matter much, does it. I wonder if this place ever ends?.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",8) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2050
END

IF ~~ a2049 
 SAY ~[ARAN] Me, I was neither city nor country, but th' weather has such an impact on travel o' all sorts that I watch it constantly. Now, this place don't rightly have what you call weather. An' it is beginnin' to bother me.~
 + ~InParty("LRIRENIC") InMyArea("LRIRENIC") !StateCheck("LRIRENIC",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2153","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Irenicus seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2153
 + ~InParty("M#AMBER") InMyArea("M#AMBER") !StateCheck("M#AMBER",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2154","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Amber seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2154
 + ~InParty("MWAriena") InMyArea("MWAriena") !StateCheck("MWAriena",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2155","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Ariena seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2155
 + ~InParty("MWKido") InMyArea("MWKido") !StateCheck("MWKido",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2156","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Kido seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2156
 + ~InParty("SUHESSA") InMyArea("SUHESSA") !StateCheck("SUHESSA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2157","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Hessa seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2157
 ++ ~[PC] You know you keep rambling on about things that have nothing to do with our mission, our goals, or our challenges, right?~ + a2052
 ++ ~[PC] Well, Farmer Aran, we have a good weather discussion going. Do you want to discuss the crop yield next? Or perhaps moan about unfair taxation and how it sours the milk?~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] You have handled far worse than this. Just relax and keep moving forward.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] I think you should stop thinking about things you can't change and practice hitting things instead. You seem to be unable to keep decent concentration lately.~ + a2055
 ++ ~[PC] We could gather some spellcasting power and create some decent weather for you. Some lightning, a few hailstorms, high winds, and lots of destruction... think of the number of enemies who would come running to investigate!~ + a2056
END

IF ~~ a2050 
 SAY ~[ARAN] Somehow I think th' end, if there is one, might be a bit worse than th' rest o' all this combined. I figure if you are diggin' your way down through ugliness, th' thing what lives at th' end must be somethin' special.~
 + ~InParty("t#dace") InMyArea("t#dace") !StateCheck("t#dace",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2158","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Dace seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2158
 + ~InParty("TASHIA") InMyArea("TASHIA") !StateCheck("TASHIA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2159","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Tashia seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2159
 + ~InParty("NATH") InMyArea("NATH") !StateCheck("NATH",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2160","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Nathaniel seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2160
 + ~InParty("Ninde") InMyArea("Ninde") !StateCheck("Ninde",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2161","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Ninde seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2161
 + ~InParty("O#TIAX") InMyArea("O#TIAX") !StateCheck("O#TIAX",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2162","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Tiax seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2162
 ++ ~[PC] You know you keep rambling on about nothing, right?~ + a2052
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, on the bright side, you could always remember that the farther down you go, the more dirt ends up on top of your burial site... less work for the gravediggers.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] You have handled far worse than anything the Underdark can cook up for us. Just relax and keep moving forward.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] I think you should stop thinking about things you can't change and practice hitting things instead. You seem to be unable to keep decent concentration lately.~ + a2055
 ++ ~[PC] I agree. I bet it is a huge creature, or perhaps severall. Perhaps they use dragons as pets, or bedwarmers. Perhaps there are even demi-gods or gods to battle! Think of the glory when we kill them all!~ + a2056
END

/*  SoA UnderDark FriendTalk 5 */
IF ~Global("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN BEGIN a1693
 SAY ~[ARAN] Mayhap... well, mayhap there be some use in all this evil fungus-lovin' dark creepy ugliness. But me, I just don't rightly see why it don't all be put to th' torch, an' wiped out.~
 + ~!Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am so sick of discussing deep thoughts. Come on, tell me a story.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1672
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC]  I am so sick of discussing deep thoughts. Come on, tell me a story.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1671
 + ~OR(7) Global("c-arankravitchstory","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancarbonara","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arancalimport","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arangerris","LOCALS",1) Global("c-arandadtrade","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranfistfight","LOCALS",1) GlobalGT("c-aranmoonfight","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] I really don't want to follow that thought. It is too depressing. Hey, Aran, I remember you telling a story... can you tell it to me again?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a1673
 + ~InParty("CMNIKITA") InMyArea("CMNIKITA") !StateCheck("CMNIKITA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2118","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Nikita seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2118
 + ~InParty("CMNINAF") InMyArea("CMNINAF") !StateCheck("CMNINAF",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2119","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Ninafer seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2119
 + ~InParty("CORAN") InMyArea("CORAN") !StateCheck("CORAN",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2120","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Coran seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2120
 + ~InParty("D#Silver") InMyArea("D#Silver") !StateCheck("D#Silver",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2121","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] SilverStar seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2121
 + ~InParty("D0Alassa") InMyArea("D0Alassa") !StateCheck("D0Alassa",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2122","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Alassa seems to be handling this better than you are.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2122
 ++ ~[PC] There has to be something besides death and destruction to tak about. Come up with something else, please.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2051
 ++ ~[PC] Now I did not expect you to say something like that. Wipe out all of Underdark, without pausing to see if some of the beings are simply trapped here? That doesn't sound like you.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",10) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ + a2191
END

IF ~~ a2051 
 SAY ~[ARAN] I don't rightly feel like doin' that right now. I don't know why I started talkin', anyways. In fact, I feel like doin' nothin' but headin' skyward, right this second.~
 + ~InParty("t#dace") InMyArea("t#dace") !StateCheck("t#dace",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2158","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Dace seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2158
 + ~InParty("TASHIA") InMyArea("TASHIA") !StateCheck("TASHIA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2159","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Tashia seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2159
 + ~InParty("NATH") InMyArea("NATH") !StateCheck("NATH",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2160","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Nathaniel seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2160
 + ~InParty("Ninde") InMyArea("Ninde") !StateCheck("Ninde",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2161","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Ninde seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2161
 + ~InParty("O#TIAX") InMyArea("O#TIAX") !StateCheck("O#TIAX",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2162","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Tiax seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2162
 ++ ~[PC] You know this is the fifth pointless conversation you have started down here with me, right?~ + a2192
 ++ ~[PC] Well, don't let me stop you.~ + a2053
 ++ ~[PC] You have handled far worse than anything the Underdark can cook up for us. Just relax and keep moving forward.~ + a2054
 ++ ~[PC] I think you should stop thinking about things you can't change and practice hitting things instead. Your combat skills are slipping~ + a2055
END  

IF ~~ a2052 SAY ~[ARAN] I do know. I just need to break up th' oppressive feelin', so I be reachin' out a bit, is all.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a2053 SAY ~[ARAN] Right. You are gettin' flip, on account o' you know that just makes me feel so comfortable, eh? Thanks for nothin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a2054 SAY ~[ARAN] I guess I was lookin' for a bit o' a pep talk, at that. Thanks.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a2055 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, now, that be a mite bit unfair. I hold my own, I do. Hells, I was just makin' conversation, not askin' for a blighted kick in th' arse.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a2056 SAY ~[ARAN] You really, truly scare me sometimes. I hope you avoided eatin' any o' th' wild red an' green mushrooms, or drinkin' from random pools o' water. Better yet, I hope you have, as that would explain th' feral light in your eyes.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* UD comparison with other friend talks except aerie */
IF ~~ a2103 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Angelo has a mite more experience walkin' th' dark side than I do. An' he don't look too settled, niether. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2103","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2104 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Anishai only has two things on her mind... larceny, an' sex. so she don't pay no attention to much else. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2104","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2105 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Azure is a better woman than I am. Which turns out not to be so hard, on account o' I be male. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2105","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2106 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? That be a load o' horse dung. Gavin jumps at very shadow, an' with good cause. What do you expect from a lad what don't like spiders, visitin' a place where they grow bigger than horses an' smarter than your average human? ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2106","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2107 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Haldamir don't say enough for me to guess why he's takin' this better. mayhap he has special elf-trainin' what makes th' difference. Me, I'm just downright bloody scared. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2107","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2108 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Biddekorak be a mite too busy tryin' to convert everyone to worry about a little thing called "th' worst collection o' evil on earth" by Volo himself. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2108","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2109 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Touchstone? You comparin' us? You have one hells o' a bad sense o' humor, is all I can say. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2109","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2110 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Callisto fears nothin'. Me, I prefer a healthy dose o' fear to keep me on my toes an' alive. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2110","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2111 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Bruce be too drunk to be scared. I saw him tryin' to make out wi' a slimepod. Luckily, seems like his breath killed off any residual spores. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2111","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2112 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Bruce be too drunk to be scared. I saw him tryin' to make out wi' a slimepod. Luckily, seems like his breath killed off any residual spores. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2112","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2113 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Jonathan? You comparin' us? You have one hells o' a bad sense o' humor, is all I can say. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2113","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2114 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Chloe be more than mortal. Me, not so much.~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2114","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2115 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Chloe be more than mortal. Me, not so much.~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2115","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2116 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Alora be an unfair comparison. She'd likely walk into Xvim's crypt an' say "This just needs a little sprucing up, some new curtains, a little fresh air..." ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2116","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2117 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Mirriam's only fear down here be that th' only available foodsouce guaranteed o' bein' clean consists o' this party. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2117","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2118 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? I don't rightly see how we can be compared, nohow. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2118","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2119 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Ninafer may be a sight for sore eyes, but this whole place gives eyes that are more "rottin' out o' their sockets" than sore. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2119","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2120 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Coran seems to live for this sort o' strangeness. All that chaos, all at once... gives him plenty o' interestin' battles, too. Me, I prefer a mite bit less excitment. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2120","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2121 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? SilverStar an I have yet to have a decent conversation, so I leave you to th' comparin'. Me, I will stick with th' worryin'. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2121","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2122 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Alassa has a better handle on her mouth than I do. But i bet she is not runnin' round thinkin' "oooh, goodie... fungus and slimy death! Whooppeeee!". ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2122","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2123 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Branwen can fall back on Tempus to guide her. Me, I am startin' to wonder if Tymorra makes distinctions between fortune favorin' th' bold, an' fortune favorin' th' foolhardy. This might even count as less foolhardy an' more suicidal. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2123","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2124 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Dynaheir can cover it up well enough, but she's a mite bit too smart not to see how dangerous all this be. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2124","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2125 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Fade an' I as a comparison don''t have much similarity, when you get right down to th' basics. But I guess I can't rightly complain about you complainin' that I be complainin'. Did that make sense? ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2125","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2126 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Andrei an' I as a comparison don''t have much similarity, when you get right down to th' basics. But I guess I can't rightly complain about you complainin' that I be complainin'. Did that make sense? ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2126","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2127 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Sebastian is not as talkative when it comes to complainin' about this place, that be for sure. I guess this be th' part where you say "shut up an' soldier, soldier". ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2127","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2128 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Irenicus has more to fear from us than from th' Underdark. I just wish he'd cover up all those scars, on account o' it be unsettlin'. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2128","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2129 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Ghareth an' I don't work as a comparison on complainin'. I win, hands down. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2129","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2130 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Who really knows what that slobberin' eyeball really things, anyways. Goo. You compared me to Goo. Hells, you got one blighted sense o' humor. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2130","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2131 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Horace don't have as much to lose. That ol' bag o' bones can take a shot between th' ribs an' grin. Well, actually, he never stops grinnin', eh? ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2131","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2132 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Hubelpot has more on his mind than I do. He actually thinks an' plans those meals ahead, an' spends time organizin' everythin'. Me, I be more improvasitory. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2132","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2133 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Ilyos an' me, as a comparison? Did you take a blow to th' head, or mayhap swallow one o' th' glowin' mushrooms? Xvim's Spiteful Spit. That monk don't show no emotions at all. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2133","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2134 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Xulae be Drow. Next question?~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2134","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2135 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Yasraena. Me. As a comparison? Really. Take a good look at her, then a good look at me. I bet two iron crescents you can find naught in th' way o' similarities. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2135","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2136 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? No need for th' comparison, anyways, unless you are tryin' to get me distracted. I'd rather you found us a good place to rest an' got a card game goin'. Mayhap even just call th' whole thing off an' head for th' surface. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2136","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2137 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Kelsey be a smart lad, an' he has just as much fear in him as me. Mayhap he don't show it as much right this moment, but it be there. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2137","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2138 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Bruce be too drunk to be scared. I saw him tryin' to make out wi' a slimepod. Luckily, seems like his breath killed off any residual spores. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2138","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2139 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Auren just don't show as much as I do. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2139","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2140 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Bananna thinks most things are "a'peelin'". Heh! I made a joke! O'course, no one will see it, on account o' Bannana be a joke mod, but hells - in for a penny, in for a pound. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2140","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2141 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Sarah has a right good head on her shoulders. She may not show it, but she must be as scared as th' rest o' us what actually think, instead o' blindly follow. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2141","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2142 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Sheena makes a quick change, an' her worriers be over. Our worries, on th' other hand, get worse. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2142","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2143 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Kachiko might not show as much emotion as i do, but there be no call to slight me on that account. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2143","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2144 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Kari has cowered nonstop, surface or under, any time anyone said more than two words to her. You got one sick sense o' humor, <CHARNAME>. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2144","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2145 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Keto has been a mite jumpy, too, so don't go layin' no guilt trip on me. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2145","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2146 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Tsjuatha can kiss my arse. Necromancers love this crap. It provides plenty o' opportunity to study death, up close an' personal. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2146","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2147 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Valen's only fear down here be that th' only available foodsouce guaranteed o' bein' clean consists o' this party. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2147","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2148 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Moddy don't rightly show fear th' same way we do, anyhow. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2148","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2149 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Kiara just don't show as much as I do. Better card player, too. Mayhap that be what I need... a good distraction. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2149","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2150 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Kindrek an' me, as a comparison? Did you take a blow to th' head, or mayhap swallow one o' th' glowin' mushrooms? Xvim's Spiteful Spit. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2150","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2151 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Kiyone is too driven to worry about much beyond th' mission. Me, I think way, way too much. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2151","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2152 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Kova has bigger thiings to worry about than a few Drow an' such. Hey, that does make me feel a bit better, eh? At least i can concentrate on th' here an' now. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2152","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2153 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Irenicus has more to fear from us than from th' Underdark. I just wish he'd cover up all those scars, on account o' it be unsettlin'. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2153","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2154 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Amber be a tieflin'. Those o' her persuasion might not find this so bad, compared to where mommy or daddy be hangin' out. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2154","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2155 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Ariena has just th' right level o' unconcern. I bet it be a good actin' job. Go ahead, sneak up behind her, an' see what happens. I'll be here to clean up th' mess. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2155","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2156 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Stupid thing for you to be sayin', anyhow. Kido likes all this crap. Th' only thing he might like better is if there were more screamin' an' dyin' an' less skulkin' about. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2156","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2157 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? I could open up a cut an' let you rub lemon juice in it, too, just so I hurt a bit more. Hessa takin' it better. Bullcrap. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2157","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2158 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Dace don't seem to be sayin' this is all just Ducky so often, so I bet she has some o' th' same troubles I do. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2158","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2159 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Tashia is not doin' better than I am. She just has a way o' perkin' things up wi' those jokes o' hers, so it is not so obvious that she wants to run screamin' for th' surface. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2159","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2160 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Nathaniel seems a better man than me, I will say. But somehow I think he might be havin' th' same thoughts, just hidin' 'em better. No soldier stays alive if he isn't afraid o' death. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2160","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2161 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Ninde seems right comfortable wi' death, decay, an' th' darker side o' things. Me, I tend to like th' open air an' vibrant life, not so much on th' necromantic research. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2161","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2162 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Besides, Tiax don't rightly know where he is or what he be sayin'. Which reminds me that I want to stay back o' that crazy bastard next combat. I think he has it in for me. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2162","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2163 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Besides, Xan seems like he might enjoy all this, in a way. At least now when he prattles on about doom, gloom, an' imminent destruction, he's not talkin' existential angst an' worryin' too much. He's just pointin' out th' obvious. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2163","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2164 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Besides, Xan seems like he might enjoy all this, in a way. At least now when he prattles on about doom, gloom, an' imminent destruction, he's not talkin' existential angst an' worryin' too much. He's just pointin' out th' obvious. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2164","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2165 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Corelon's Sword, do you really be comparin' me to Kivan? He has done more livin' an' more yin' than seven generations o' Whitehands combined. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2165","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2166 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Allison has most o' th' same issues I have, only she has a mite more grace under pressure. Me, i just like to take that pressure an' complain bitterly about it, until somethin' walks by that has to be killed. I think they call it 'occupational therapy'. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2166","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2167 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Now why bring Kitanya into this? I be my own bundle o' prtoblems, concerns, an' issues, thanuk you very much. Though mayhap you have a point. I could concentrate on her buttocks, an' they might provide a powerful distraction... ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2167","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2168 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Rylorn doesn't worry so much about th' long term, as far as I can tell. Me, I keep seein' shadows, an' expectin' they are filled wi' death, dismemberment, an' a long sow painful torture... not rightly in that order, neither. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2168","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2169 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Now you have been doin' a powerful lot o' cheaten', there. Saerileth refuses to enter Underdark. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2169","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2170 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Bruce is too drunk to be scared. I saw him tryin' to make out wi' a slimepod. Luckily, seems like his breath killed off any residual spores. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2170","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2171 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Sime has a way o' cuttin' right through distractions. Me, not so much. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2171","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2172 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Neh'taniel seems to be a bit beyond worryin', eh? Me, I have some flesh in th' game, an' I just don't lik seein' how close we keep comin' to watchin' our feet dissolve. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2172","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2173 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Skooter shouldn't be playin' around down here, unless you conjured up a new familiar. Just don't let that dog eat anythin', on account o' everythin' around here be poisonous. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2173","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2174 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Solaufein be Drow. Next question?~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2174","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2175 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Xulaye be Drow. Next question?~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2175","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2176 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Minsc has a great attitude, he does. Me, I keep thinkin' too much, an' that leads to rememberin' journal entries an' depictions o' footrot, slow dissolution by slime, vivisection, an' exactly how long th' Underdark has been a haven for th' most despicable evil. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2176","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2177 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Korgan don't fear much. He just looks around an' sees what be in it for him, a' how he can turrn it into profit or advantage. Me, I get all existential an' angsty when th' entire environment is lookin' at me as lunch. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2177","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2178 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Keldorn is a right fine knight, an' a seasoned campaigner. He knows showin' fear reduces troop morale, but he's lived long enough to know fear saves you from death. Show me a fearless soldier, an' I will show you a lad what gets mowed down first while th' smarted soldiers lay down some coverin' fire an' stay concealed.~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2178","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2179 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Valygar don't fear th' afterlife th' way many do, an' he has a right interestin' view on what makes th' world tick. But I bet down deep, he is just as scared as I be. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2179","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2180 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? That bitch Viconia be Drow. Next question?~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2180","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2181 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Nalia is twice as sacared as me, an' nowhre near prepared for all o' this. But it must be all that trainin' for nobility crap payin' off, on account o' she is not showin' as much fear as I be. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2181","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2182 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Mazzy may be short, but she be fearless an' true. I feel a good bit better when I am close by her, that be for sure. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2182","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2183 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Jaheira might not be so unafraid as you think. She hasn't stopped motherin' me since we first got down here. You would think that would distract me, but it just makes me itch worse than a Calimshite stableboy. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2183","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2184 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Jan has an immunity to fear, on account o' he can't take th' time away from thinkin' which story he be about to relate to th' current situation. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2184","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2185 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Besides, Imoen don't look so calm an' collected to me.~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2185","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2186 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? HaerDalis has seen worse things than th' Underdark, I wager. I heard he had a role in a play in Westhoff called "Deep Desires And Pasiions". Th' reviews on that say he already lived through at least two o' th' nine planes o' hells. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2186","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2187 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Edwin's overweenin' pride wouldn't let him admit he was scared, nohow. At least, not where I could hear it. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2187","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2188 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Anomen is just too stupid to be scared. Besides, all that cleanin' his armor every five minutes kind o' distracts him from th' bigger picture. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2188","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2189 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Cernd sees all this as a balancing act. Me, I prefer th' scales tipped in my direction, thank you very much. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2189","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END
IF ~~ a2190 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Yoshimo as done some scary things in his life, mayhap worse than I ever heard tell. Me, I am just hopin' this is a really bad dream spawned by eatin' too much curry. ~  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2190","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END

IF ~~ a2191 SAY ~[ARAN] I don't know why I started talkin' anyways. Look, don't mind me. I just need a change of pace. An' we need to GET TH' NINE HELLS OUT O' THIS BLIGHTED PLACE.~  IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
IF ~~ a2192 SAY ~[ARAN] I wasn't blighted well keepin' tally, eh?~  IF ~~ THEN GOTO a2191 END

I could have sworn I posted about integrating a check for the human skin armor and hijacking dialog if Player1 has it equipped, then tying back to the original intended state... I will have to find it to crosslink.

IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1783
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",1) GlobalTimerExpired("c-aranskin","GLOBAL")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1784
 IF ~HasItemEquiped("LEAT21",Player1) Global("c-arskinarm","LOCALS",2) GlobalTimerExpired("c-aranskin","GLOBAL")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfriendud","GLOBAL",6) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranfriendtimer","GLOBAL",ARAN_FTT)~ GOTO a1785

The tough thing about discussing all this is forgetting what has been covered. But no matter - the code is in place.

Reminder to self - after all writing is done for underdark in every form, recheck for unneeded globals being set in this particular block of code (single-run checks for comparing companions do not need globals set, unless I am going to use that information to modify talks later, and given the amount of work to wrap up it is unlikely that I will be making potential crossmod stuff that detailed.) The canonical BioWare ones appear to be the only ones that get more than one shot at being seen over the five talks - everyone else is not repeated, as far as I can see.

You didn't do too badly on the spelling part until you got to the companions.

on account o' I be male
Suggest: on account o' me bein' male

Gavin jumps at very shadow
Gavin jumps at every shadow

better. mayhap he has special elf-trainin'
better. Mayhap he has special elf-trainin'

"th' worst collection o' evil on earth"
Volo usually says Faerun. Just sayin'.

Fade an' I as a comparison don''t
Fade an' I as a comparison don't

You might need to do a global search/replace of don''t

Irenicus
Is Irenicus even available in SoA?

Who really knows what that slobberin' eyeball really things, anyways.
thinks

Iylos
Iylos definitely isn't available in SoA.

Banana
ROFLMAO!

thiings
Too many i's

At least i can concentrate on th' here an' now.
At least I can concentrate

be hangin' out
Suggest: be livin'

He has done more livin' an' more yin'
More dyin', maybe?

an' a long sow painful torture
slow

how he can turrn it into profit
turn

Deep Desires And Pasiions
Doubled the wrong letter. Passions.

A couple of the comparisons jumped out at me:

By the time the party's in the Underdark, Yoshi's already dead.

+ ~InParty("P#DEHER") InMyArea("P#DEHER") !StateCheck("P#DEHER",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Global("c-aran2164","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Xan seems to be handling this better than you are.~ + a2164

Wait, why would you check for Deheriana and then write a response for Xan?

+ ~Gender(Player2,FEMALE) !Name("c-aran",Player2)~ + ~[PC] Do I have to mention the whole "oh, sorry, <PLAYER3>, don't mind me. I am just checking to see if your bust will fit into this here Drow armor" incident?~ + a1703

Unless Aran's screwing up names without thinking about it, that <PLAYER3> should be <PLAYER2> instead.

Isn't there a mod that remedies that?

Isn't there a mod that remedies that?

Keeping Yoshimo and Tortured Souls, now that I think of it. But I don't think that either is really part of a standard install.

Typos! I will fix them. Thank you! D shouldn't have one, and Tyris is missing from the list. Bananna and Skooter are fun but should be REM'd as should Saerileth - fun is fun, but I shouldn't be adding states that are completetly impossible to attain. Improbable, I am ok with!

Yoshimo needs a recheck on the DV for TS and Keeping Yoshimo.

IF ~~ a2169 SAY ~[ARAN] Great way to make me feel better, eh? Now you have been doin' a powerful lot o' cheaten', there. Saerileth refuses to enter Underdark. ~ IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aran2169","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END

She doesn't refuse to enter Underdark. I've taken her through a few times. She wasn't happy with it, but she still went.

If the NPC in question has to say something, that's the best way to handle it, but if all you are doing is checking for the presence of an NPC in the party or checking a variable, it's really much easier writing that NPC in the outset. The code involved in inserting a PC reply in the middle of a dialogue block is a bit tricky. Possible, but annoying. Also, the non-Aran NPC mod would need to be traified. Not all NPC mods are.

Archived