Baldur's Gate 2 Fixpack and Tweakpack problem

Esch1lus

Hi, I have Baldur's Gate 2 + ToB and patch .498 installed (FULL INSTALL), and after installing the fix and tweak packs, I had many crashes and strange behaviors in my game (I started from scratch).

For example, sometimes it happens that after loading a game there are no doors and many npc are removed from the game; after a morph spell, Nalia keeps its morphed form (Orc to be precise) and there's no way to avoid this (dispel magic doesn't work and it shouldn't since this form is strangely permanent).

The main problem is related to the constant crashing of the game. The error is "the file ***.cpp assertion in module ***" where *** indicates the name of the file and a number. This crash sometimes is related to a item (it crashes when I try to read a item description) but generally speaking it appears to be really a random event. I installed the fixpack first and then the tweakpack. Here's the list of what I'm using:

Remove Helmet Animations NO
Imoen Avatar Change YES
Nalia Avatar Change YES
Viconia Skin Color Change YES
Weapon Animation Tweaks NO
Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr) YES
Restore SoA Load Screen Logo NO
Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items YES
Commoners Use Drab Colors NO
Icon Improvements YES
Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon) YES
Force All Dialogue to Pause YES
More Interjections YES
Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues YES
Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six NO
Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp NO
Improved Athkatlan City Guard (Andyr) YES
Gradual Drow Item Disintegration NO
Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields NO
Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues (Weimer) YES
Add Bags of Holding YES
Exotic Items Pack NO
Reveal City Maps NO
Add Map Notes NO
Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items YES
Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2 NO
Gems and Potions Require Identification YES
Shapeshifter Rebalancing (Weimer) YES
Multiple Strongholds (Sabre, Baldurdash, Weimer) YES
Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash, Weimer) YES
Female Edwina (Davide Carte, Wendy Yung, Weimer) YES
Romance Bug Fixes (Sabre, Richardson) YES
Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix (jcompton) YES
Use BG Walking Speeds (BETA) NO
Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items YES
Two-Handed Bastard Swords NO
Two-Handed Katanas NO
Universal Clubs NO
Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component NO
Weapon Styles for All YES
Delay High Level Abilities NO
Change Experience Point Cap YES - Remove CAP
Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P YES
Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor YES
Expanded Dual-Class Options YES
Wear Multiple Protection Items YES P&P
Alter Weapon Proficiency System NO
Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level NO
Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability YES HYBRID
Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer) YES
True Grandmastery (Schumacher, Weimer) YES
Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight YES
Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent YES
Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component YES
Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table YES
Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table YES
Alter Mage Spell Progression Table YES
Alter Bard Spell Progression Table YES
Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table YES
Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables YES
Triple-Class HLA Tables YEs
Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters (BETA) NO
Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e) YES
Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e) YES
Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e) YES
Higher HP on Level Up YES NWN STYLE
Maximum HP Creatures (the bigg) NO
Identify All Items NO
Easy Spell Learning YES
Bottomless Bags of Holding YES
Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells NO
Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..." (Weimer) YES
Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices YES CHOICE 1
Unlimited Ammo Stacks YES
Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks YES
Unlimited Potion Stacks YES
Unlimited Scroll Stacks YES
Happy Patch NO
Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation (Luiz) YES
No Traps or Locks (Weimer) NO
Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams (Karzak, Blucher, aVENGER, Weimer) NO
Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap and Physical Mirror (Weimer) NO
Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell (Weimer) YES
No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark (Weimer) NO
Romance Cheats (Sabre, Richardson, Weimer) NO
Rest Anywhere (Japheth, Weimer) NO
Sellable Items (Icelus) YES
Minimum Stats Cheat NO
Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions YES
Improved Fate Spirit Summoning YES
ToB-Style NPCs NO
Consistent Stats: Edwin YES BG
Consistent Stats: Jaheira YES BG 
Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment YES
Consistent Stats: Minsc YES BG
Consistent Stats: Viconia YES BG
Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi) YES
Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr) YES
Change Korgan to Neutral Evil Alignment YES

Hi, I have Baldur's Gate 2 + ToB and patch .498 installed (FULL INSTALL), and after installing the fix and tweak packs, I had many crashes and strange behaviors in my game (I started from scratch).
Erhm, did you have a clean install folder when you started from scatch, as you need to remove all the game directory's content after you uninstall the game to have a clean game, otherwise the game has an Override folder that's still there after you uninstall the game.

Here's the list of what I'm using:
The WeiDU.log has that info too, you just have to open the file with Notepad and then copy-paste, it includes the version info...
Erhm, did you have a clean install folder when you started from scatch, as you need to remove all the game directory's content after you uninstall the game to have a clean game, otherwise the game has an Override folder that's still there after you uninstall the game.

Yes.

The WeiDU.log has that info too, you just have to open the file with Notepad and then copy-paste, it includes the version info...

Sorry but it's italian.

Yes.

Sorry but it's italian.

Run a translator on it?

- E

About the WeiDU.log Sorry but it's italian.
Yeah, but it has an internal structure that anyone can interpret... See from this for example the German WeiDU.log's entry:
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #0 // BG2 Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil): v9.01 BWP Fix
The normal text in that, doesn't really have much else use other than to identify the mod that was used.

The Pink #3 gives the language that was selected.

The red #0 identifies the component number.

The bright blue text says what's the components name.

The v9.01 gives us the version number that the mod that was used was.

The BWP Fix identifies if you have used the BWP's Fixpack... which this logs user had(not necessary).

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
:undecided:

A.K.A.:

Run a translator on it?
Not needed.
About the WeiDU.log Sorry but it's italian.
Yeah, but it has an internal structure that anyone can interpret... See from this for example the German WeiDU.log's entry:
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #0 // BG2 Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil): v9.01 BWP Fix
The normal text in that, doesn't really have much else use other than to identify the mod that was used.

The Pink #3 gives the language that was selected.

The red #0 identifies the component number.

The bright blue text says what's the components name.

The v9.01 gives us the version number that the mod that was used was.

The BWP Fix identifies if you have used the BWP's Fixpack... which this logs user had(not necessary).

A.K.A.:

Run a translator on it?
Not needed.

Brilliant! How is this color coding achieved? When I open my weidu.log in TextWrangler, on my Mac, everything is black text on a white background. I don't mean to distract from the main thread here. Just curious.

Thanks,

Eric

Brilliant! How is this color coding achieved? When I open my weidu.log in TextWrangler, on my Mac, everything is black text on a white background. I don't mean to distract from the main thread here. Just curious.
 [color="#FF00FF"]Pink #3[/color]

... Manual work on the Reply window of the forum(I use Mozilla Firefox as a PC browser), in there there's a black "A" with an arrow besides it that open the menu... yes, the manual work is the reason you were able to Ninjae me, or at least tried to. :undecided:

I'll tell you a secret, I used the color coding so it was a bit clearer to show what each of those meant, it's not color coded in the PC either...

Now, back to the regular sequel of program and hopefully the Esch1lus reply.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Correzioni principali: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #100 // Aggiungi una ricompensa in punti esperienza per aver fatto riconciliare Keldorn con Maria: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #101 // Correggi le animazioni di alcuni incantesimi: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #102 // Cromwell impiega effettivamente un giorno per forgiare gli oggetti magici: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #103 // Correzioni all'utilizzo dei pugnali/coltelli da lancio: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #104 // Correzioni ai simboli sacri (Ghreyfain): v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #106 // Applica una penalita' al tiro per colpire dei giganti contro gnomi, halfling e nani: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #107 // Rimuovi le limitazioni all'opzione classe duale di Arcieri e Predatori: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #108 // Rimuovi il secondo bonus ai punteggi caratteristica nella prova della furia dei Nove Inferni: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #109 // Correggi il comportamento dei demoni evocati in modo da renderlo coerente alla loro natura: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #110 // Correzioni addizionali agli script: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #111 // Correzioni alla canzone del bardo: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #112 // I Guerrieri Ammazzastregoni provocano il fallimento degli incantesimi anche con gli attacchi a distanza: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #113 // Correzioni addizionali all'allineamento: v9.01

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #6 #114 // Modifica l'incantesimo Liberta' d'azione affinche' protegga anche dallo stordimento: v9.01

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #20 // Cambia l'avatar di Imoen in quello di una maga: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #30 // Cambia l'avatar di Nalia in quello di una ladra: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #40 // Cambia il colore della pelle di Viconia in blu scuro: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #50 // Script per la trasformazione degli avatar: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #70 // Sostituisci gli effetti degli incantesimi di Baldur's Gate con quelli di Icewind Dale (Andyr): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #90 // Disabilita le icone aggiunte al ritratto del personaggio dagli oggetti equipaggiati: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #110 // Migliora l'aspetto delle icone: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #120 // Cambia l'avatar dei personaggi a seconda che indossino degli abiti o un'armatura (Galactygon): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #130 // Forza tutti i dialoghi a mettere automaticamente in pausa il gioco: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1010 // Incrementa le interazioni: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1020 // Modifica le soglie d'attivazione dei dialoghi dei PNG feriti: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1040 // Rendi piu' forti le guardie di Athkatla: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1070 // Migliora i dialoghi per allontanare i PNG dal gruppo nelle partite multigiocatore: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1120 // Consenti ai negozi di vendere maggiori quantita' di determinati oggetti (i.e. piu' frecce, piu' proiettili, ecc...): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1140 // Gemme e Pozioni devono essere identificate: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1150 // Ribilanciamento del Mutaforma: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1160 // Fortezze Multiple -> Nessuna restrizione (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1170 // Mercanti bonus (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1180 // Ritratto femminile per Edwina: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #1220 // Consenti a Cromwell di potenziare gli oggetti della Fortezza dell'Osservatore: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2060 // Consenti a tutte le classi di specializzarsi negli stili di combattimento: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2090 // Modifica il limite dei punti esperienza -> Rimuovi ogni limite ai punti esperienza: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2100 // Consenti l'utilizzo di Nascondersi nelle ombre e delle abilita' da ladro in armatura pesante secondo le regole di AD&D: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2120 // Consenti il lancio di incantesimi arcani in armatura: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2140 // Aggiungi alcune combinazioni possibili per la classe duale: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2150 // Indossa contemporaneamente piu' oggetti protettivi -> Applica le restrizioni secondo le regole di AD&D: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2192 // Limita la capacita' dei negozianti di identificare gli oggetti -> Utilizza un ibrido di entrambi i sistemi: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2200 // Maestria Superiore per i personaggi multiclasse (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2210 // Ripristina la Maestria Superiore secondo le regole di AD&D (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2240 // Modifica la progressione della THAC0: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2250 // Modifica la tabella di progressione degli incantesimi dello Stregone: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2260 // Modifica la tabella di progressione degli incantesimi del Mago -> Tabella migliorata (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2270 // Modifica la tabella di progressione degli incantesimi del Bardo -> Tabella migliorata (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2280 // Modifica la tabella di progressione degli incantesimi del Chierico -> Tabella migliorata (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2293 // Modifica la tabella di progressione degli incantesimi del Druido -> Usa la tabella di progressione degli incantesimi del Chierico modificata con il set migliorato di incantesimi del Druido (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2300 // Consenti ai personaggi con tre classi di accedere alle Abilità di Alto Livello di tutte e tre le classi: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2320 // Rimuovi il limite massimo di trappole che possono essere piazzate (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2330 // Rimuovi il ritardo nelle trappole magiche (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #2340 // Rimuovi il limite massimo al numero di celestiali che può essere evocato (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3001 // Guadagna piu' punti ferita al passaggio di livello -> Guadagna punti ferita in stile Neverwinter Nights: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3030 // Apprendimento semplificato degli incantesimi -> Imposta la possibilità di imparare gli incantesimi al 100%: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3040 // Borse Conservanti senza fondo: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3050 // Rimuovi la fatica dopo l'incantesimo "Ristorare": v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3060 // Rimuovi l'effetto sonoro "Devi radunare il tuo gruppo..." (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3070 // Modifica l'effetto della reputazione sul prezzo degli oggetti -> Sconti ai negozi per una bassa reputazione (Sabre): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3080 // Rimuovi il limite di 20 alla quantita' di munizioni che si possono impilare contemporaneamente: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3090 // Consenti di impilare un numero illimitato di gemme e gioielli: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3100 // Rimuovi il limite di 5 alla quantità di pozioni che si possono impilare contemporaneamente: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3110 // Rimuovi il limite di 5 alla quantità di pergamene che si possono impilare contemporaneamente: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3125 // I personaggi neutrali fanno commenti compiaciuti se la reputazione del gruppo è a un livello medio: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3160 // Tieni l'equipaggiamento di Drizzt, disabilita Malchor Harpell: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #3200 // Rendi bastoni, clave e fionde vendibili (Icelus): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #4010 // Migliora l'evocazione dei PNG da parte dello Spirito del Fato: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #4030 // Rendi i punteggi caratteristica di Edwin coerenti con quelli che aveva in Baldur's Gate 1 -> Usa i valori di Baldur's Gate: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #4040 // Rendi i punteggi caratteristica di Jaheira coerenti con quelli che aveva in Baldur's Gate 1 -> Usa i valori di Baldur's Gate: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #4050 // Cambia l'allineamento di Jaheira in Neutrale Buono: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #4060 // Rendi i punteggi caratteristica di Minsc coerenti con quelli che aveva in Baldur's Gate 1 -> Usa i valori di Baldur's Gate: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #4070 // Rendi i punteggi caratteristica di Viconia coerenti con quelli che aveva in Baldur's Gate 1 -> Usa i valori di Baldur's Gate: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #4 #4100 // Cambia l'allineamento di Korgan in Neutrale Malvagio: v9

The main problem is related to the constant crashing of the game. The error is "the file ***.cpp assertion in module ***" where *** indicates the name of the file and a number. This crash sometimes is related to a item (it crashes when I try to read a item description) but generally speaking it appears to be really a random event.
Have you seen this, or this... cause your errors sound very much a like that... if you just give a bad description for it, but you have the foreign language as an excuse.

They mostly don't even have anything to do with the mods... but perhaps something else entirely.

Now...

Where did you install the game in the first place ?

And what Operation System do you have ?

I'm using Win7 and I installed it in C:\Games\Black Isle. Also your first link seems to contain the correct error syntax. What I wrote above was wrong since I did not remember the exact line.
So when you installed the game and patched it, you had disabled the "User Account Control", and the "Program Compatibility Assistant" ... as they severely cheese your game if you don't... How you ask, the answer #2 in here is given.

Archived