Widescreen mod with BG1

uk_john

I have tried everything, from re-installing, patching unpatching and the whole nine yards. Had all the problems of having the install go wrong and not liking the bgmain2.exe, etc and got past that.

My problem has always been, that once getting the mod installed (I have the DVD version plus SoTC CD), is that I get the resolution I require within the game screen, but the taskbar with the icons and info box is in the bottom left half of the screen and not stretched or centred with the right half just black.

I have tried using the GUI 0.97 mod but that doesn't change anything.

It's like I am getting 1024x768 within the gameworld screen but al the GUI around it is still at 640x480!

If anyone can tell me if there is a way to get the icon bar along the bottom at least centralised, i would be grateful - or I am going to have to give up on having this game at anything but 640x480.

I have tried using the GUI 0.97 mod but that doesn't change anything.

It's like I am getting 1024x768 within the gameworld screen but al the GUI around it is still at 640x480!

If anyone can tell me if there is a way to get the icon bar along the bottom at least centralised, i would be grateful - or I am going to have to give up on having this game at anything but 640x480.

What resolution are you trying to get, the GUI mod only supports 4 resolutions, they are: 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x768, 1280x800, and the Widescreen mod needs to be installed before the GUI mod with one of the set resolutions, because it was made to do that, it also detects if you have installed the Widescreen mod, and if you haven't, it only gives an option to install a different GUI that's 640x480...

So go uninstall the whole game, remove the game directory(to start all over), install the games, the patch, play to make sure the game works, then install other mods, then install the Widescreen mod, and then install the GUI mod.

"SoTC CD", what's that, it should be Tales of the Sword Coast; TotSC ...

Archived