A little help with something random, please

Guest Holynapkin

Guest Holynapkin

I'd like to be able to start a Kensai/Mage multiclass. I'm really craving to roleplay as one and thought that this mod would be able to make it happen, but, alas, it cannot. Can anyone help me do this via Shadowkeeper or something? I tried but I don't know what to do, honestly. I can go ahead and just change the kit to Kensai, but that makes my game usually crash and I didn't get the feel as if it would act as a real Kensai/Mage class would work what with leveling up and stuff. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to be able to start a Kensai/Mage multiclass. I'm really craving to roleplay as one and thought that this mod would be able to make it happen, but, alas, it cannot. Can anyone help me do this via Shadowkeeper or something? I tried but I don't know what to do, honestly. I can go ahead and just change the kit to Kensai, but that makes my game usually crash and I didn't get the feel as if it would act as a real Kensai/Mage class would work what with leveling up and stuff. Thanks in advance.
Do you have any other mods installed... that's quite important ! ... but you can actually use the Level One NPCs mod to create the Kensai/Mage Player Character in a game that doesn't crash there by default like the latest BWS game because it didn't install the TobEx #1300 component, you just have to uncomment(remove the "DEPRECATED" from the code) the right lines in the level1npcs.tp2 file. The lines are these:
////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\
//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\
//																	\\
//	 Optional component: modification of exported characters		\\
//																	\\
//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\
////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\

/*
Don't reuse \(ACTION\|PATCH\)_READLN variables inside of
\(ACTION\|PATCH\)_BASH_FOR loops - or massive problems like the
below ensue! When you uninstall it WeiDU goes stark raving mad.
*/

BEGIN @300000
DESIGNATED 2
DEPRECATED ~It's broke.~

It's "broken" because like said, you cannot uninstall it... but you can "uninstall" it by removing the components "install marker line" from the WeiDU.log file...

Wow Jarno, you probably just caused his head to explode ... :(
So? :blush::laugh: :laugh: :p

The code is already in the mod, so why not use it ? The code can actually be refined by removing the need to for uninstallation, as the component can be hidden so that there is no need to uninstall it... by chancing the above to be:

BEGIN @300000 NO_LOG_RECORD DESIGNATED 2

One of course need one of the latest WeiDU.exe versions for that, but it should be a problem...

Guest Holynapkin
Wow Jarno, you probably just caused his head to explode ... :(
So? :blush::laugh: :laugh: :p

The code is already in the mod, so why not use it ? The code can actually be refined by removing the need to for uninstallation, as the component can be hidden so that there is no need to uninstall it... by chancing the above to be:

BEGIN @300000 NO_LOG_RECORD DESIGNATED 2

One of course need one of the latest WeiDU.exe versions for that, but it should be a problem...

Thanks a lot, it is very much appreciated. Many <3's, good sir.

The code can actually be refined by removing the need to for uninstallation, as the component can be hidden so that there is no need to uninstall it...
Eh... hrm. Dunno if we thought of that. But it was also deprecated many WeiDU versions ago, so who knows, maybe it's not "raving mad" anymore...

Obviously, this isn't a component to install lightly though, or at least not without backing up your exported .chr first.

Archived