v15 bug reports

Ardanis

Not a bug, but the readme says improved Faldorn is a "by-the-book sixteenth level totemic druid". In my game, she was casting an improved invis + sword spider shapeshift combo and chromatic orb. I only have the gibberling3 fixpack, acsension, and scs ii installed.

Possibly she absorbed the power of a dead Avenger from the druid pool and channelled his rage into her attack.

Possibly I couldn't remember the difference between totemic druids and avengers, and put the wrong one in the readme.

You decide.

This is my first time using this fixpack (I used to use Baldurdash) and scs ii, so I'm not sure which mod is causing my next problem. I've noticed when fighting groups of enemies near a doorway, one enemy might disappear. That enemy could still hit you, but you can't see or attack it. Eventually it shows up again if you move away from the doorway, but sometimes it's untargettable or acts like its script is turned off. I had this happen several times in the improved deArnise Keep and in Mekrath's lair.

I've not heard of that before... how odd.

This is my first time using this fixpack (I used to use Baldurdash) and scs ii, so I'm not sure which mod is causing my next problem. I've noticed when fighting groups of enemies near a doorway, one enemy might disappear. That enemy could still hit you, but you can't see or attack it. Eventually it shows up again if you move away from the doorway, but sometimes it's untargettable or acts like its script is turned off. I had this happen several times in the improved deArnise Keep and in Mekrath's lair.
This is vanilla's issue. Doors in IE are realized in relatively complicated way, so closing/opening doors when an enemy is nearby may sometimes cause the situation you've described.

Small bug to report. The djinni summoned by the Ring of Djinni Summoning is left with its pitiable vanilla script, because 'sumdjinn.bcs', as excerpted, here, from lines 209-210 of genie.tph...

COPY_EXISTING ~dw#djinn.bcs~ ~override/sumdjinn.bcs~
EXTEND_TOP ~sumdjinn.bcs~ ~scsII/genie/ringdjinn.baf~

... should be 'sumdj01.bcs', the djinni's actual script.

Additionally, you may want to include the Fixpack's extra code in ringdjinn.baf, which strengthens the robustness of the ring-destroying component of the script:

IF
Die()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	DisplayStringHead(Myself,3035) // With the death of your Djinni, the summoning ring vanishes.
	TakePartyItem("ring26") // Ring of Djinni Summoning
	DestroyItem("ring26") // Ring of Djinni Summoning
	DestroySelf()
END

Unless I'm missing something, that is.

The glabrezu in the teleport maze have assigned TELTAN1R and TELTAN2R.bcs... These scripts do not exist as far as I can see, they were previously on TELTAN1 and TELTAN2 (when they summoned lots of creatures).

Nyalee only summoned a clone of my PC, perhaps because the rest of my party were invisible.

The glabrezu in the teleport maze have assigned TELTAN1R and TELTAN2R.bcs... These scripts do not exist as far as I can see, they were previously on TELTAN1 and TELTAN2 (when they summoned lots of creatures).

Oops. Will fix.

Nyalee only summoned a clone of my PC, perhaps because the rest of my party were invisible.

If they were invisible, they presumably don't have a reflection. If so, a Mirror of Opposition won't work on them.

Oops. Will fix.

Actually, after a fresh install glabrezu didn't have this problem - sorry for the false report but I couldn't think of any other mod I use touching their script.

I have, however, found some genuine bugs.

Hive Mother's prebuff scripts don't set the "initialise" variable, in this block:

IF
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
!Global("initialise","LOCALS",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_STONE_SKIN)
	ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_IMPROVED_MANTLE)
	Continue()
END

...results in them chain casting stoneskin and improved mantle indefinitely.

From fiend tp2 file:

// to avoid Blood War problems with (non-Ascension) Melissan summons, replace Bone Fiends
// with Demon Knights

COPY_EXISTING ~uddeath.cre~ ~override/melsum01.cre~

It's actually melsum02 that needs to be replaced - melsum01 was a glabrezu.

Also, Ascension Nabassu lose their (more powerful) level draining melee attack in favour of BL3-12M4.itm in the standardization of Nabassu's

Just a minor thing from imp Sahauguin, the random undead's THAC0 and apr changes seem to have been transposed and laced02 isn't copied to overide... I think this is how the code should look:

// misc undead

COPY_EXISTING ~sahzom01.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x53 5 // I'm not convinced more than 5 attacks per round works
	WRITE_SHORT 0x24 100
	WRITE_SHORT 0x26 100
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~sahzomb.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x53 3
	WRITE_BYTE 0x52 10	
	WRITE_SHORT 0x24 80
	WRITE_SHORT 0x26 80
	WRITE_BYTE 0x234 9
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~lacedo01.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x53 2 
	WRITE_BYTE 0x52 10
	WRITE_SHORT 0x24 60
	WRITE_SHORT 0x26 60
	WRITE_BYTE 0x234 9
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

COPY_EXISTING ~lacedo02.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x53 4 
	WRITE_BYTE 0x52 6
	WRITE_SHORT 0x24 120
	WRITE_SHORT 0x26 120
	WRITE_BYTE 0x234 15
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

Hive Mother's prebuff scripts don't set the "initialise" variable, in this block:

IF
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
!Global("initialise","LOCALS",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_STONE_SKIN)
	ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_IMPROVED_MANTLE)
	Continue()
END

...results in them chain casting stoneskin and improved mantle indefinitely.

Damn, gave up my last no-reloads game because of this I though was a 'feature' :)

Anyway, about that beholder lair, I'm unsure about the presence of a 2nd Elder Orb ( a beheld01.cre) near the plot udelder.cre one. It looks like it had to be removed but instead the ar2101.bcs looks like:

IF
!Global("DMWWzapsecondorb","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("DMWWzapsecondorb","GLOBAL",1)
	ActionOverride("UDELDER2",DestroySelf())
	Continue()
END

IF
!Global("DMWWzapsecondorb","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("DMWWzapsecondorb","GLOBAL",1)
	ActionOverride("UDELDER2",DestroySelf())
	Continue()
END

With the QP 'fix' applied twice

According to the .tp2, scsII\beholder\ar2101.baf seems to be COMPILEd only when ding0's questpack isn't installed ... but that file has ActionOverride("UDELDER2",DestroySelf()) (UDELDER2 is questpack's elder orb) :D

So would changing that to UDELDER do the trick? (UDELDER being vanilla elder orb) :)

A few things I've encountered, that may be bugs or may not, or may already be well known. Feel free to erase this post if it is the case. I'm playing with Fixpack, Ascension, SR, some components of SCSII, some components of Tweakpack. I think most of the things I report here may come from a bad interaction between SR and SCS, so maybe I should be reporting on SR forum instead.

1. The first time I played, Kangaxx the lich stayed "nearly dead" and did not die, however hard I damaged him. Maybe this is the same engine bug as trolls not dying. I did not have the same problem when I reloaded.

2. (very minor feature request) When most enemy spellcasters cast Imprisonment at one of my party members, they become permanently mazed instead of being removed from my party, however when Gaxx the demilich casts Trap the Soul on one of my party members they are removed from the party as in vanilla. I guess the former behavior is a feature of SR (but I may be wrong), and it is quite nice since you don't have to enter dialogue mode after casting freedom so as to tell them: "Hey buddy, remember? I'm on your side. Now would you perhaps consider fighting the spellcasting abomination if front of us?". Would you consider implementing this for demiliches if the proper component (probably SR) is installed?

3. The NW room of the fire giants enclave was empty, I think there were opponents in vanilla, but I'm not sure. I got Fire Giants in the NE room, Burning Men and a Fire skull in the SE room, and Efrits and the Fire Lich in the SW room (this one was much more difficult than expected, good job!)

4. Speaking of Burning Men, their spell removal ability went through SI:Abjuration if I'm not mistaken. If this is an intended feature, it was surprising at least (ie, reload!) As far as I can tell, the spell removal ability of demons for instance is blocked by SI:Abjuration.

5. Nyalee did NOT come pre-buffed, and as such she was almost instantly killed by my improved-hasted fighters as soon as she turned hostile. I wondered if this was intended: after all, Nyalee is not expecting a fight, but then she suddenly has... well, a change of heart :) So, I reloaded just to be sure. Both times, she instantly used the Mirror ability, then after one or two seconds, she launched her buffing sequence... but two second without buffs is already a bit too long against a TOB party!

6. Again with Nyalee: her mirror did only copy CHARNAME, not the other party members... though I did not let her enough time if more clones are supposed to appear later :D . I played with a protagonist and two custom NPCs, and no Bioware NPCs. Nobody was invisible.

7. (Blood war issue ?) In the left room of the level in Sendai enclave where you fight the priestess, there was a Death Knight and a Demon Knight that began to fight against each other as soon as I entered the level. I think the Elder Vampire also joined the fight. When I defeated the Prince Earth Elemental and the door of this room opened, both D* Knight were already dead.

8. (very minor feature request) I had some trouble finding the empty flask in Abazigal lair. It was not where it was supposed to be found in the unmodded game (I checked Dan Simpson's walkthrough) so I thought this was the step where you're supposed to go back in town just to buy a silly random object. Of course, the trip was pointless, and so I spent some time examining where the hell this flask could be. I guess this was not your goal when you wrote this component. Maybe the trouble is that the Lizardmen drop potions of health which have the same icon in my installation of the game as the empty flask, and hence it is hard to see that an enemy drop this quest item. The health potions are surely of no interest to the player at this stage, so would you consider make them undroppable ?

9. Again about clones of the party: I read a line in the readme about "Revamped the hostile copies of the party summoned by various creatures". This was a bit vague (and non-spoilerish perhaps). As I said, Nyalee's clones did only copy Charname, not my two custom NPC's. I don't think the ability of Charname were cloned, or maybe they were (Fighter dualled to Cleric) but he did not get the fast buff effect enemy Clerics get in SCS and hence was killed before casting spells. Irenicus in Spellhold did copy Charname and the two NPC's, though the fight was a bit hectic and I do not remember what ability they used, however I don't think they were much of a challenge. Finally, but I don't know if you altered this, I was much surprised by the strange party of Doppelgangers or whatever they are in the random encounter of Chapter 6. They were not 3 against my Berserker/Cleric, my F/M and my Sorceress, but 6; and each of them was some kind of mage or sorcerer, casting many fire balls and Cloudkill. However they were much lower level than my party, and not that dangerous, though they seemed to be immune to their spells or those of their comrades.

A few things I've encountered, that may be bugs or may not, or may already be well known. Feel free to erase this post if it is the case. I'm playing with Fixpack, Ascension, SR, some components of SCSII, some components of Tweakpack. I think most of the things I report here may come from a bad interaction between SR and SCS, so maybe I should be reporting on SR forum instead.

1. The first time I played, Kangaxx the lich stayed "nearly dead" and did not die, however hard I damaged him. Maybe this is the same engine bug as trolls not dying. I did not have the same problem when I reloaded.

I think yes, it's the engine bug. I'll see if it's streamlinable though.

2. (very minor feature request) When most enemy spellcasters cast Imprisonment at one of my party members, they become permanently mazed instead of being removed from my party, however when Gaxx the demilich casts Trap the Soul on one of my party members they are removed from the party as in vanilla. I guess the former behavior is a feature of SR (but I may be wrong), and it is quite nice since you don't have to enter dialogue mode after casting freedom so as to tell them: "Hey buddy, remember? I'm on your side. Now would you perhaps consider fighting the spellcasting abomination if front of us?". Would you consider implementing this for demiliches if the proper component (probably SR) is installed?

Will consider.

3. The NW room of the fire giants enclave was empty, I think there were opponents in vanilla, but I'm not sure. I got Fire Giants in the NE room, Burning Men and a Fire skull in the SE room, and Efrits and the Fire Lich in the SW room (this one was much more difficult than expected, good job!)

I don't think I change this room, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

4. Speaking of Burning Men, their spell removal ability went through SI:Abjuration if I'm not mistaken. If this is an intended feature, it was surprising at least (ie, reload!) As far as I can tell, the spell removal ability of demons for instance is blocked by SI:Abjuration.

It's intentional.

5. Nyalee did NOT come pre-buffed, and as such she was almost instantly killed by my improved-hasted fighters as soon as she turned hostile. I wondered if this was intended: after all, Nyalee is not expecting a fight, but then she suddenly has... well, a change of heart :) So, I reloaded just to be sure. Both times, she instantly used the Mirror ability, then after one or two seconds, she launched her buffing sequence... but two second without buffs is already a bit too long against a TOB party!

Agreed; this needs changing

6. Again with Nyalee: her mirror did only copy CHARNAME, not the other party members... though I did not let her enough time if more clones are supposed to appear later :D . I played with a protagonist and two custom NPCs, and no Bioware NPCs. Nobody was invisible.

She copies one per round, but I guess you didn't give her that second round :)

7. (Blood war issue ?) In the left room of the level in Sendai enclave where you fight the priestess, there was a Death Knight and a Demon Knight that began to fight against each other as soon as I entered the level. I think the Elder Vampire also joined the fight. When I defeated the Prince Earth Elemental and the door of this room opened, both D* Knight were already dead.

I think that's an SR/SCS compatibility issue, but i'll look into it.

8. (very minor feature request) I had some trouble finding the empty flask in Abazigal lair. It was not where it was supposed to be found in the unmodded game (I checked Dan Simpson's walkthrough) so I thought this was the step where you're supposed to go back in town just to buy a silly random object. Of course, the trip was pointless, and so I spent some time examining where the hell this flask could be. I guess this was not your goal when you wrote this component. Maybe the trouble is that the Lizardmen drop potions of health which have the same icon in my installation of the game as the empty flask, and hence it is hard to see that an enemy drop this quest item. The health potions are surely of no interest to the player at this stage, so would you consider make them undroppable ?

I'm reluctant to: I'm generally opposed to undroppable items on realism grounds.

9. Again about clones of the party: I read a line in the readme about "Revamped the hostile copies of the party summoned by various creatures". This was a bit vague (and non-spoilerish perhaps). As I said, Nyalee's clones did only copy Charname, not my two custom NPC's. I don't think the ability of Charname were cloned, or maybe they were (Fighter dualled to Cleric) but he did not get the fast buff effect enemy Clerics get in SCS and hence was killed before casting spells. Irenicus in Spellhold did copy Charname and the two NPC's, though the fight was a bit hectic and I do not remember what ability they used, however I don't think they were much of a challenge.

The readme note won't particularly make sense to a player, it's just a comment to myself about how the copying code works. It's intentional that copied creatures don't get insta-buffed (it seems unrealistic if they do, after all). The spellhold fight is supposed to be ridiculously hectic, so I'm pleased that's how it came across!

Finally, but I don't know if you altered this, I was much surprised by the strange party of Doppelgangers or whatever they are in the random encounter of Chapter 6. They were not 3 against my Berserker/Cleric, my F/M and my Sorceress, but 6; and each of them was some kind of mage or sorcerer, casting many fire balls and Cloudkill. However they were much lower level than my party, and not that dangerous, though they seemed to be immune to their spells or those of their comrades.

I don't think I touch that fight.

A couple of creatures missing their immunity items (more vanilla game issues, sorry).

The planar prison warden is missing RINGDEMN (and for that matter, the magic resistance and fire resistance of a regular cambion - he doesn't seem to have his hp increased by "increased staying power for fiends" either).

The Shade Lord is missing RING95, common to shade creatures.

The planar prison warden is missing RINGDEMN (and for that matter, the magic resistance and fire resistance of a regular cambion - he doesn't seem to have his hp increased by "increased staying power for fiends" either).

I don't really mind that "staying power" skips him - he's a high-level mage, he's got other ways of staying alive. "Staying power£ is intended more for the grunt fiends.

Mages don't check for spell turning before casting Power Word: Blind (a leftover from when it was AoE?)

Admittedly, since strong PC's are preferred, players are unlikely to see this unless running a fighter/mage protagonist or soloing.

More seriously, neither mages nor priests seem to detect berserker/barbarian rage when using disabling spells - I've seen them casting repeated hold/charm spells at an immune barbarian even when there were other party members in LOS.

Might also be handy for rogues to note barbarians are immune to backstab.

Archived