v15 bug reports

Ardanis

Mages don't check for spell turning before casting Power Word: Blind (a leftover from when it was AoE?)

Almost certainly.

More seriously, neither mages nor priests seem to detect berserker/barbarian rage when using disabling spells - I've seen them casting repeated hold/charm spells at an immune barbarian even when there were other party members in LOS.

OK, that I should be checking for.

Might also be handy for rogues to note barbarians are immune to backstab.

That's deliberate: it's a relatively subtle ability, and it's dull for Barbarian players not to occasionally see some fool city-dweller try and fail to stab them!

A few oddities/observations...

- You're aware of
how
Ilyich gets called to help to the library already, I think. There's also a small issue with a duergar on the second level, the one in the storage room adjoining the furnaces. He starts with a blue circle and says something like 'By the Exile! Blah blah...' when the the party enters his line of sight, thereafter turning hostile. Problem is, when the party engages the group of duergar at the furnaces, the rest of this duergar's team is called to help out, leaving him all on his blue-circled lonesome and waiting to speak his one-liner. Not sure
how
you want deal with this, if at all.

- Enemies sometimes attempt to use Remove Fear on allies under Globes of Invulnerability.

- In my battle in the guarded compound, my PC was protected by Chaotic Commands and MGoI. Despite this being the case, Sion insisted on casting Chaos at her, and Stalman also tried an Unholy Blight.

- Not a bug at all, but Koshi (another one of the guarded compound participants) has several uses of Kai, but isn't kitted as a Kensai. Since he's the guardian of Celestial Fury, and you already take some creative liberties with Maferan and Olaf Rassmusen with 'Improved Minor Encounters,' perhaps you could turn Koshi into a fully-fledged Kensai, with the appropriate bonuses?

- Beholders often use their Anti-Magic rays on nearby relatives in an attempt to dispel morale failure. It doesn't work.

- The Unseeing Eye (BHEYE.CRE) could use a better attack script. Right now it just tries to shoot off some Horrid Wiltings (etc.), and then attacks. No eyebeams, at all. Or perhaps that's intended?

A few oddities/observations...

- You're aware of
how
Ilyich gets called to help to the library already, I think. There's also a small issue with a duergar on the second level, the one in the storage room adjoining the furnaces. He starts with a blue circle and says something like 'By the Exile! Blah blah...' when the the party enters his line of sight, thereafter turning hostile. Problem is, when the party engages the group of duergar at the furnaces, the rest of this duergar's team is called to help out, leaving him all on his blue-circled lonesome and waiting to speak his one-liner. Not sure
how
you want deal with this, if at all.

I'll check it out; different help scripts, possibly.

- Enemies sometimes attempt to use Remove Fear on allies under Globes of Invulnerability.

Will fix.

- In my battle in the guarded compound, my PC was protected by Chaotic Commands and MGoI. Despite this being the case, Sion insisted on casting Chaos at her, and Stalman also tried an Unholy Blight.

That's odd; I'll chase it.

- Not a bug at all, but Koshi (another one of the guarded compound participants) has several uses of Kai, but isn't kitted as a Kensai. Since he's the guardian of Celestial Fury, and you already take some creative liberties with Maferan and Olaf Rassmusen with 'Improved Minor Encounters,' perhaps you could turn Koshi into a fully-fledged Kensai, with the appropriate bonuses?

This is already coded for the newest (unreleased) version, in fact.

- Beholders often use their Anti-Magic rays on nearby relatives in an attempt to dispel morale failure. It doesn't work.

General morale failure, or specifically the effects of fear spells?

- The Unseeing Eye (BHEYE.CRE) could use a better attack script. Right now it just tries to shoot off some Horrid Wiltings (etc.), and then attacks. No eyebeams, at all. Or perhaps that's intended?

He's actually using his vanilla script. That's semi-deliberate: the problem is that the Rift Device works by removing most of his hit points, but if I gave him a standard mage-style script, his hit points wouldn't be the major constraint on killing him (debuffing his protection spells would be the main factor). I couldn't offhand think of anything clever to do about this, so I left it alone; I'm open to suggestions, though.

(As for why he doesn't use eyebeams in the vanilla version: isn't he blind?)

This is already coded for the newest (unreleased) version, in fact.

Nice. :)

General morale failure, or specifically the effects of fear spells?

General morale failure.

He's actually using his vanilla script. That's semi-deliberate: the problem is that the Rift Device works by removing most of his hit points, but if I gave him a standard mage-style script, his hit points wouldn't be the major constraint on killing him (debuffing his protection spells would be the main factor). I couldn't offhand think of anything clever to do about this, so I left it alone; I'm open to suggestions, though.

(As for why he doesn't use eyebeams in the vanilla version: isn't he blind?)

Yes, I think that's mentioned somewhere. Hm... I'm not sure how else you could preserve the dynamic of the original encounter, then.

I've got an idea, but it entails extra work. Simply put, spruce up the final encounter with the Unseeing Eye.

Consider this: initiate cutscene mode when a member of the party picks up the Rift Device from the Unseeing Eye's stash. Give a few seconds for the player to take in the ominous message to equip the Device in one of their quickslots, then fade to black briefly. Teleport the party into a nice formation inside the room (to account for the possibility they've been separated), and fade from black.

Next, play some dramatic visual effects over several spawn points surrounding the party (à la various dream sequences), and spawn the Unseeing Eye and four Gauths. Initiate the Unseeing Eye's vanilla dialogue ("Despair, sighted, for death is thy familiar..."). Oo-oh, the tension. Finally, exit cutscene mode, and let the fun begin.

This way, you've retained the focus on the importance of the Rift Device, improved the tactical interest of the battle far beyond that of the vanilla encounter, and simply made the whole situation more involving and climactic.

Guest geg_Ma3gau

Im playing this mod v 14 at the moment. Liches cant paralyse on hit. Tested it after draining his spells. When i get a save message it means i saved sucessfully, but when i get no save message after a lich hits me, it means the save was failed and i should be paralysed, but im not. There were no freedom or hold-immunity items on the character. If it wasnt fixed in v15 the bug should be still there.

Im playing this mod v 14 at the moment. Liches cant paralyse on hit. Tested it after draining his spells. When i get a save message it means i saved sucessfully, but when i get no save message after a lich hits me, it means the save was failed and i should be paralysed, but im not. There were no freedom or hold-immunity items on the character. If it wasnt fixed in v15 the bug should be still there.

Thanks, will chase.

However, I strongly recommend you to upgrade from v 14, which contained several serious bugs. v14 was only available for two weeks and was upgraded as soon as the bugs were discovered, so I'd be interested to know where you got it from. You should be able to upgrade mid-game from 14 to 15 without incident.

Guest JustAnotherCouchPotato

I don't know whether it's been mentioned already (obviously), but without the improved TorGal installed, the Better Calls For Help do little to actually help Torgal. You can go in with an invisible character and draw him out all by himself.

I don't know whether it's been mentioned already (obviously), but without the improved TorGal installed, the Better Calls For Help do little to actually help Torgal. You can go in with an invisible character and draw him out all by himself.

OK, thanks. (I'm not that good at discovering this kind of problem, since I normally test with a full or nearly-full install.)

Hi DavidW

Do you have any clues wether or not a new release is imminent?

Cheers

Well, I'm inclined to say "two to three weeks". But almost without exception, when I say things like that something intervenes and it ends up being months.

Hi DavidW

Do you have any clues wether or not a new release is imminent?

Cheers

Well, I'm inclined to say "two to three weeks". But almost without exception, when I say things like that something intervenes and it ends up being months.

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be I guess. Thanks anyway.

I've just encountered some Orc Archers in Ulcaster Ruins who don't attack, and stand there getting slaughtered.

They are hostile, and the standard orcs in their party function normally. This is BGT game with BGSpawns installed.

ChangeLog of ORC02.CRE:

Mods affecting ORC02.CRE:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 //
BG2
Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

00001: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v15

00002: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v5

00003: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%: v6 BWP Fix

Changelog of DW#RANGE.BCS:

Mods affecting DW#RANGE.BCS:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v15

I've just encountered some Orc Archers in Ulcaster Ruins who don't attack, and stand there getting slaughtered.

They are hostile, and the standard orcs in their party function normally. This is BGT game with BGSpawns installed.

ChangeLog of ORC02.CRE:

Mods affecting ORC02.CRE:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 //
BG2
Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix

00001: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v15

00002: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v5

00003: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%: v6 BWP Fix

Changelog of DW#RANGE.BCS:

Mods affecting DW#RANGE.BCS:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v15

Blame some other mod: there aren't any orcs in Ulcaster (or any other part of BG1) by default.

Archived