Integrating NPC-Reactions

I am on integrating NPC reactions to the quests. I have reactions written for four of the quests spo far and it turns out the NPCs are rather chatty.

So I started to wonder: Is there a "too much" if NPCs react for all quests, compared to the overall reaction frequency for the rest of the game, or do you think "the more the better"? How much reaction do you expect?

Thank you for the info. Writing the NPC reactions is harder than I thought. It's always easy for some, but for some it's a real pain, if I don't want to use stereotypes all the time (like Tiax being megalomaniac, Xan saying "life is hollow", etc., you get the idea.) I have NPC reactions for all but three quests, including three new quests/encounters finished, but just can't get myself to write the last missing NPC reactions as it is really hard not to use stereotypes. :-(

So, I was toying with the idea to leave out the NPC comments for the "Unexpected Help" quest, as presumably most of the people won't see them, anyway. That would mean adding NPC reactions to two more quests, only.

Yeah, with BG1 number it's quite a lot. For me it'd be either skip or add the interjections only for four or five most popular ones(Jaheira, Imoen, Kivan, Minsc, whicheverevilNPCinsertnamehere) - this way most players will still get at least one.

Archived