What's going on?

Sorrow

Does anyone know what's happening with Igi? It's weird that TeamBG.eu has disappeared without any warning.

I don't know about Igi (maybe he died from an heart attack after learning how to tie his shoe laces?). TBG.eu was hosted in Daxis' house off a consumer broadband connection, so chances are high he simply turned off the machine by mistake before drowning in his own drool.

So, I have googled for TeamBG and it turned out that someone re-activated it. Hell, they even have a similar layout and colour theme, which is a nice thing.

http://www.teambg.org

The problem is...

Who are these people? I'm pretty sure I have never seen any of them.

Also, if Igi will ever come back, will there be two TeamBGs?

People go through a lot of namechanges, so you can't really tell who is who, and how/why they got a certain position on a forum or website.

Also, yes, why these several different incarnations of TeamBG, who all claim to be the "true" TeamBG? I get the feeling the name "TeamBG" is more a symbol than anything else. I'm sure the purpose of any TeamBG incarnation will remain intact even under a different name. Wouldn't it be a lot easier for each TeamBG splintergroup to just continue on their own under a new name? And no, not like "TeamBG Elite" or "TBGII". If you do want to preserve the old TeamBG, perhaps you could open a "museum" website to remember it by, and leave it at that, instead of having different people resurrect different TeamBG websites.

Then again, the whole TeamBG hype is probably not considered a big deal by those who, like me, weren't around when it was active. I joined the modding scene for the first time in mid-2004. I never found a TeamBG website back then, though the name was mentioned here and there. I was more of a casual gamer back then, and actually stumbled upon the modding scene whilst looking for BG2 portraits. It wasn't until late 2004 that I started modding myself. I think it was around that time that Forgotten Wars changed into Spellhold Studios. I remember that change, although not the exact time. But TeamBG? No clue.

If all the splintergroups can't work together under one banner, then make two different banners. I remember reading that's how the various modding community websites started. PPG, for one. And my very own Volcano Productions as well.

Igi had his own McWrench website/forum. He could've stuck with that, and maybe add an additional website/forum under a different banner if he wanted a team to work with.

Also, yes, why these several different incarnations of TeamBG, who all claim to be the "true" TeamBG? I get the feeling the name "TeamBG" is more a symbol than anything else. I'm sure the purpose of any TeamBG incarnation will remain intact even under a different name. Wouldn't it be a lot easier for each TeamBG splintergroup to just continue on their own under a new name? And no, not like "TeamBG Elite" or "TBGII". If you do want to preserve the old TeamBG, perhaps you could open a "museum" website to remember it by, and leave it at that, instead of having different people resurrect different TeamBG websites.

Then again, the whole TeamBG hype is probably not considered a big deal by those who, like me, weren't around when it was active. I joined the modding scene for the first time in mid-2004. I never found a TeamBG website back then, though the name was mentioned here and there. I was more of a casual gamer back then, and actually stumbled upon the modding scene whilst looking for BG2 portraits. It wasn't until late 2004 that I started modding myself. I think it was around that time that Forgotten Wars changed into Spellhold Studios. I remember that change, although not the exact time. But TeamBG? No clue.

If all the splintergroups can't work together under one banner, then make two different banners. I remember reading that's how the various modding community websites started. PPG, for one. And my very own Volcano Productions as well.

Well, I believe that there's certain magic in names, colours, logos and layout. These things are important for creating atmosphere. I was lurking at TeamBG during it's last year and it was different from other sites because it looked different. It's look and name somehow made it feel more scientific and more professional.

It doesn't matter to me if they are splinter groups or not as long as they keep the looks close to the original. And if it has the same functions as the original.

Ken's been around. He even praised and complimented what I have done. Me, Ken and his wife Liz go way back.

Well, it's the best looking TeamBG recreation I've seen so far.

Archived