The Original Tiefling Sisters thread...

Inara as some sort of 'cleric,' you mean, Grim?  :D

*votes* I do like the idea of splitting them up, yes.

@Cam  No concrete ideas for any kits yet, but should inspiration strike I'll let you know. Thanx!

It's been too long since PST for me to recall specifics... But on a different note, have you considered if they will belong to any sort of Sigil faction, like Haer'Dalis? If Inara is a cleric, that would likely affect what kind.

Not to give anything away about a certain other tiefling romance...it might be good to keep in mind that the Sensate faction is touched on in the HD rom. Whether this is a pt of concern(for mod variety), potential for more NPC banter, or a trivial pt that I should not harp on(who's to say someone'd dl both mods, then be disgruntled there's no Fated...), I don't know.

Oh fair enough.  I was thinking of having Inara as a Sensate Healer.  A bit like Fall From Grace.  But I don't think it'll be a problem having both mods with sensate stuff in it.  Coz the way I use it both mods have Tieflings so we are gonna have to do some interaction anyway and this whole sensate thing is just gonna give HD and Inara more to banter about.

Does anyone happen to know what bonuses and stuff tieflings have?  I know they get +2 Dex, +2 Int?  and -2 Chr and I think they might get some special abilities but I'm not too sure.

inara?:D

isn't she that companion from "firefly":D

i don't know, to me keli sounds like a better name for the younger, more inexperienced tiefling, and inara a better name for the older, naughtier sister...

actually, i think you could have a lot of fun with the younger sister is more naughtier than she acts...and the older is shyer and more innocent than she acts...

urm...too many healers in the game already, i think...hmmm...

the younger sister as a thief, swishy is good, and the older sister is a cleric fighter multi...

fighter mage=sola

fighter thief=valen

sorceror=harvey kelsey tashia

and the npcs pretty much cover the range...i think the only class not used is cleric fighter multi, and anomen comes close with dual...its pretty hard picking a class, eh??? :D

Yes Inara is the name of companion from Firefly.  I just like the name really.  I have been waying up switching the names but I think Inara doesn't sound particularly good for a thief.  Sorry UUF but I like the classes the way I've got them at the moment.  

I can imagine that Keli has been looking after Inara for a while.  But Keli hasn't really rubbed off on Inara.  i.e. Inara's still a nice, slightly shy teenager type character wheras Keli is definately quite confident in using her sexuality and can really be the badgirl sometimes (bad as in naughty, not as in evil).

@Dancer Fitz: Don't worry, it's already public information (it's mentioned in one of the posts on the Unfinished Business forum, so it was in fact revealed before we even started working on the romance).

@Grim Squeaker: Great mod idea. I really like the portraits, and I'd love to help if it wasn't for the fact that I'm already far behind my schedule on one mod  :D

I'll be happy to help coordinating it with the Haer'Dalis mod, however, and I'll be even more happy to play it when it's finished.  :D

Ok here's three situations that need resolving:

Charname's Rejection

a) If Inara is rejected by the PC whose loving arms does she run into (if both are in the party): Anomen or Kelsey?  Obviously if only one is in the party then she goes to that one

b) If Keli is rejected by the PC and both Bad Anomen and Viconia are in the party, what should happen?  Anomen or Viconia?

Tiefling Abiltiies

According to the site Dancer gave me (Thanks for that btw!) then all tieflings have one special abiltity.  What should each of theirs be?  Personally I think Keli should have Charm Person.  Not sure about Inara.

Their damn names!

Damn you UUF now I'm not sure about the names anymore!  Probably either of them would work for either.  Which way round should they be?

a) Inara: Younger/Cleric Sister,

Keli: Older/Swashbuckler Sister

b) Keli: Younger/Cleric Sister,

Inara: Older/Swashbuckler Sister

Well, there's not much info on Tieflings and most seems to be connected to Planescape.  As for other special abilities, it kind of depends on their physical attributes.  For instance Keli has the more spiral type horns which would give her the ability to headbutt instead of a normal attack at 1D3 piercing damage.  Inara's small nubs would not give her any special damage ability.  Keli has the more cat-like eyes which gives her infravision to 120'.  The more tough their skin the greater the armour class.  Wings would save v damage in a fall, but that's not really a factor in BG.  Claw-like hands will do damage, the amount depending on the size of the Tiefling.  A Tiefling can also give off negative side effects such as body odor and heat.  Also, they can't enter holy places of good alignment unless they are a clergy of that faith.

I agree, too, that Keli would be of CN alignment, which, according to the Player's Handbook, makes her a free spirit and not necessarily unbalanced.  I like the idea of her being a swashbuckler - also my favorite thief class kit.  As for Inara, I see her as either CG or TN.  As for her class, what about making her a monk?  Oh, wait, Aklon is a monk... hmm... well, it could still work...

I also like the idea of not finding them together.  This could be their quest, the same way we had to find Dynaheir for Minsc.

In reading about Tieflings, they come into being one of two ways it seems:  1) One parent is a demon or fiend; 2) Both parents are humanoid and spent a lot of time on the planes and it affected the unborn child.  At least this is the way I understand it.

As for a bit on their background how about this:

Erinyes - The alluring erinyes are the most likely to beget tieflings of all the baatezu. Many of their children are devastatingly beautiful. A few are horrifically ugly.

Erinyes Traits

- incredibly beautiful/handsome

- enhanced "gender attributes"

- faintly glowing skin

- prehensile hair/serpentine hair

- tiny bird wings

- tufts of feathers sprouting from shoulders

- musk/pheromones

- androgynous

Yeah I think Keli should definately have infravision.  Not sure on the horns coz both of their horns are pretty small really.  They definately need one of the special abiltiies from the bottom table here.

I think that their mother was probably human and father was the fiend.  I've yet to decide whether or not it was a rape or not.

In reading about Tieflings, they come into being one of two ways it seems:  1) One parent is a demon or fiend; 2) Both parents are humanoid and spent a lot of time on the planes and it affected the unborn child.  

For pt 1, I believe they just need to have a demonic ancestor, not necessarily one of the parents. The potency of the demon blood also affects what kind of tiefling they are, I think.

Here's a good planescape site I posted elsewhere, to browse for various bits if you like...

just talk to the bouncing skulls...

Archived