The Original Tiefling Sisters thread...

Well, it *could* be Dax... he/she/it seemed to really get around...

I agree with everyone else that this looks like a very interesting project.  And I too think one should be a thief.  After Yoshimo dies you don't have any options there.  I'd volunteer to write dialogues, but I can't even get NI to run and I'm still pretty clueless with WeiDU:D  :D

Well, writing the dialogues is one thing...coding is another. And believe me, the only reason Delainy, for example, is going well is because Camdawg is an awesome coder...and doesn't seem to mind some of my foibles ;-)

Well, don't let that stop you. Aklon's almost entirely on paper at the moment. I wouldn't know WeiDu if it leapt out of the dark and stole my wallet. :D

*leaps out of the dark*

W00t, I've got BigRob's wallet!

Well, it *could* be Dax... he/she/it seemed to really get around...

I agree with everyone else that this looks like a very interesting project.  And I too think one should be a thief.  After Yoshimo dies you don't have any options there.  I'd volunteer to write dialogues, but I can't even get NI to run and I'm still pretty clueless with WeiDU:D  :D

did you uninstall the java runtime enviroment, and reinstall it again??? its always been a problem with winace...making the wrong choice when you run a jar file for the first time...alternatively, uninstall winace, and near infinity should run...then download winrar, or reinstall winace again, and uncheck .jar files...

yes, i remembered your posts in forgotten wars when you first had problems.. :wink.gif :wink.gif :wink.gif

Let's Answer Some Questions:

The second sister is bisexual so yes there will definately be a romance open to a female PC or male PC for her.  The first sister is definately gonna be a little bit like Aerie but without the whining about having no wings!  And without that manipulating that Aerie seems to do. Generally she'll be a nice girl.

If you kicked out one then I think the other would leave because they've only got each other.  So when a man/woman starts romancing one of them then there's definately gonna be some 'you are taking her away from me' until they get a partner as well.

I'd be willing to code this if I had two writers to write the characters.  However this is definately a future mod.  I want to get the proper SoA release of Harvey done before I put any serious work into the project.  Although theres nothing wrong will idle suggestions that we can use to mold the characters with.

Name and Classes?  Well for now (just so I don't have to keep calling them 1st and 2nd sister) the one on the left will be Inara and the one on the right will be Keli.  I think Keli would make a good thief of somesort, maybe a swashbuckler (I just love swashbucklers).  Inara?  I don't wanna make her a sorceror, we have too many of them already.  But its gotta be something less dirty (coz being a thief is definately a more dirty class) so many a cleric or something.  Definately not a fighter or ranger (and she couldn't be paladin even if she wanted to).  We could come up with a Sensate based Cleric kit.  That would be quite interesting...

I reckon Inara would probably be Neutral Good and Keli would be Chaotic Neutral.  Although I'm sure I'll end up end changing that over time...

Dancer I'd really appreciate your help if you are still willing to offer it when the time comes.  Which sister would you prefer to write for?  Same goes for you BevH if you wanna try your hand at it.

PS: Any other suggestions on names would be welcome.  Those current names are just so we don't have to refer to them as 1st Sister and 2nd Sister.

Cam: Harvey romance?  It's not gonna happen no matter how hard you try...

No...no Harvey romance? :D  :D

Well, as you will.  :D   I'm finding myself drawn to 'Keli,' being (possibly) CN and a swashbuckler and all. I could do either, tho, so, it could just depend on what other writer indentures, I mean, volunteers to help.

If they're to be a pair, I agree 'Inara' should be a cleric/magic sort (one sis or the other), but I'm sure there're others who can come up w/ technical analysis far superior to mine.  

Actually, I rather see Keli as the sort that would dabble in magic/dark arts as well, but as a non-coder person, I don't know how you would swing that. Is there a Planes-jumping Pirate-Mage kit out there?  :D  *goes to check*

I don't think Keli could be bothered to learn the dark arts.  You see I imagine she has a talent for stealing things and picking locks and is also a fair hand with the blade and of course she seems utterly charming because she knows exactly what you want :D Therefore I think the charming rogue that is the Swashbuckler is best for her.

I'm still not sure about Inara.  Cleric/Mage is tempting but I don't want her too similar to Aerie!  She's definately not a thief and not a fighter of any sort.  So I'm not sure...

I'd like to make the point that Keli is not evil at all.  She's just slightly more mature, seductive and selfish than her younger sister.

Just a suggestion. Useless, but couldn't help myself nonetheless.

Thief-cleric? Not many of those around, and they're appreciably powerful. Fits the general description as well.

Basic +1 mace and leather armour come to mind.

The thing is you don't really need two thieves. And they come as a pair so you can't pick the one you want.

I like Keli more the more I hear about her... :D  

As for Inara, hm... Well, it's hard for me to imagine a 'naive' tiefling; she could certainly be kind and sweet, but by their nature they tend to be (from what I've seen) fairly worldly. Perhaps Inara could be somewhat green at relationships and such, but still have a good bit of coomon sense? This is your baby, tho, Grim, so these are mere suggestions for you to chew on. ;}

As for class, short of suggesting a kit-from-scratch, what about a cleric/ranger? That might give her an edge, personality-wise, but still be along the lines you were thinking (tho really, you could choose any class and make it fit..)

blarg...*reading posts is good* em...if not a fighter, maybe by ranger i mean she could be a 'ranged weapon' sort, eh? .... :D

I might just come up with some new Cleric kit based on something from PST.  Any suggestions?

Yeah Inara won't be completely naive just kind of new to men for one thing.  Also I don't think they'll of been in the prime for ages so she's still getting used to how things work.  Keli knows very well how things work here.  There's thieving and sex everywhere!

I think Scythesong may have meant that Keli whould be a cleric/thief multi rather than a swashie. If that's the case, I would recommend staves instead of maces, since you can actually backstab with staves. :D  

@Dancer Fitz

If you have an idea for a kit (not necessarily for Keli/Inara), let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Whoops!

If I have Keli as a Swashie and Inara as some sort of cleric then I think you'll be able to meet them in the Coronet and Temple district respectively.  They'll say when they join that they said they'd meet up with their sis at a certain pub.  And then you end up getting both of them.  I think it would be better than meeting them both at the same time.

Archived