The Original Tiefling Sisters thread...

I think that perhaps one ability should be Charm Person given their low Charisma.  Another possibility could be half damage from fire and/or +2 save vs fire.  Perhaps Keli would also have the invisibility twice a week although as a thief she would already have the ability to hide in shadows.

You're probably right about the horns.  And it wouldn't be possible to show that action in game anyway.

I'm getting really excited about this!

I think its gotta be Keli with Charm Person as she obviously is the one who knows how to charm men and women.  Either to get to know them better or for a bit of light theivery...

Agreed Keli should have the Charm Person.

As for the other issues:

If Inara is rejected by the PC and she is CG, then probably Kelsey. If TN and Anomen is CN then probably Anomen.

If Keli is rejected by the PC I would think CN Anomen. I don't think that Viconia walks that way, but I could be wrong...

I just happened to think, however, if both are rejected, then there could be one beaut of a cat fight over Anomen! :D

I'm OK with the names the way they are.

Actually I'm bloody tempted to swap the names but I'll see what other people think.

On the whole Viconia thing.  I reckon drow have probably been taught the erotic arts for both genders.  And I think Viconia would probably have some sort of relationship with a women, but it would be pretty damn different to one with a man.  Just my opinion.

Have we thought about their ages?  A Tiefling's minimum starting age is 19 (17 + 2D4 - since there was no breadown on classes I guess it doesn't matter).  As for their ability stats, according to the site you referred me to, they don't get a penalty in Charisma - in fact Tieflings get a +1 bonus.  They also get a +1 bonus to Int, but -1 to Strength and Wisdom.  So the ability stats break down this way:

Str - 3-17

Dex - 7-18

Con - 3-18

Int - 9-19

Wis - 3-17

Cha - 9-19

I like switching the names, Keli as younger and Inara as older...

mothers tend to name the older kids with the more serious, and emotionally charged names, and the younger with the fun, "cutesy" names...

i think keli would be the perfect name for a fun loving swashie thief, and inara for a more mature, capable and experienced cleric thief multi... :D:D:D

Something I posted in an FWS thread...

There're different takes on the stat modifiers for tieflings. I've seen +2Dex, +2Int, -2Cha in the FG book, then +1Str, +1Con, -1Int, -1Cha in Planescape - don't recall what else is out there.

Not great w/ rules between various campaigns/game systems, but perhaps it just boils down to what you think would be an appropriate and fair set of stats for the character.

mothers tend to name the older kids with the more serious, and emotionally charged names, and the younger with the fun, "cutesy" names...

i think keli would be the perfect name for a fun loving swashie thief, and inara for a more mature, capable and experienced cleric thief multi... :D:D:D

also, keli sounds like the name for a party girl, but inara sounds...well, more mature...its the second syllable..

of course, you could make a diminutive of inara...

inny???

nara???

and can't you just imagine keli, the younger sister, making fun of her older sister???

"inny, minny, myne moe...catcha demon, by the toe, if it hollers let it go, inny, minny myne moe!!!"

"keli, stop making fun of my name!"

:D:D:D

also, keli sounds like the name for a party girl, but inara sounds...well, more mature...its the second syllable..

of course, you could make a diminutive of inara...

inny???

nara???

and can't you just imagine keli, the younger sister, making fun of her older sister???

"inny, minny, myne moe...catcha demon, by the toe, if it hollers let it go, inny, minny myne moe!!!"

"keli, stop making fun of my name!"

:D  :D  :D

"...before I burn you to a cinder!" :D

"Well, forgetting that I'm fire restistant, you have to catch me first! Tee hee!"

Can you tell I'm the mother of girls? :D:D:D

You really do want to change the classes don't you? Well I agree with you now that names should be switched. I see your point with the classes but here's the scenario that's happened with these characters:

The older sister basically wanted to leave home, and ended up being a thief, and ended up having quite a few 'partners' over the time. The younger sister was sure that that really wasn't what she want with her life and became a cleric. However, when their parent(s) died then the elder came back for the younger and so they ended up travelling to the prime. But the elder still needs to take care of younger sometimes.

I meant was that Inara (or Keli? younger tielfing) could be a thief-cleric because I had hinted a similar scenario like the one you gave and thought it would only be logical that the younger tielfing might have learned some thievery skills out of survival, since iirc tieflings they aren't welcome everywhere and have to get by though several other ways (other than praying to their gods for deliverance). The older sister couldn't have watched after the younger all the time, so the younger one may had acquired these skills over time.

Just a thought, though.

Like you said downside will be that they'll be competing with each other's thieving skills.

Archived