Sword and Fist Mod Issue with Kit

Rukasu

Hi,

I've been playing BG2 with ToB, with quite a few mods installed, including the Sword and Fist, and my main char was actually a Duelist. However, I had to reinstal Windows in the meantime, and therefore BG2 as well. When I run it again, my char was different kit (fist of order), and when I tinkered a little with uninstalling/reinstalling the kits, he first became a blackguard then switched off to pure Fighter and stayed this way after all further attempts to install uninstall or reinstall any additional fighter kits(even when I load saves rom hours before, so it's not simply overwriting it:)).

Now I was wondering if there is any solution to that, to switch back to Duelist through any means, (console maybe? Something directly on files? I've tried Shadowkeeper, but it doesn't register additional kits).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

However, I had to reinstal Windows in the meantime, and therefore BG2 as well.
Actually you didn't have to... the Windows Registry just get's PWNed, so you cannot use any program that revolves around that... but the actual BG2 game doesn't, you just need to start the game from the BGMain.exe(or quick icon made from it, not the baldur.exe that relies on the OS registry to find the BGMain.exe to start it :cringe: ).

When I run it again, my char was different kit (fist of order),
Actually you had to install everything, which includes installing the mods, specifically the kit mods, from which the problem in your save game starts, but it's not limited to that... in theory, if you install the Kit mods in that exact same order as you did the mods in the first install, everything should be fine on that department. But then you will run into the fact that your dialog file in the savegame is not the same as the one the game should use so the items and so forth, can have their descriptions all blown to spreads... which means that you should start a new game. This also corrects the Kits etc.... FAQs for Megamod.
13.2 Modify first, play later...

As the Infinity Engine games save data into the savegames, they can create garbage if you load a savegame that was started before the last mod was installed, and so the principle is as simple as "Modify first, play later", there is theoretically a possibility to actually correct all the faults that the savegame has in it, but it's just theoretical at least in a game that has 1000 modifications(mod components) installed in it.

However, I had to reinstal Windows in the meantime, and therefore BG2 as well.
Actually you didn't have to... the Windows Reqistery just get's PWNed, so you cannot use any program that revolves around that... but the actual BG2 game doesn't, you just need to start the game from the BGMain.exe(or quick icon made from it, not the baldur.exe that relies on the OS registery to find the BGMain.exe to start it :cringe: ).

To me that reads like Rukasu didn't re-install Windows because on BG2's error, but it had to happen due to another reason. I could be wrong, though.

To me that reads like Rukasu didn't re-install Windows because on BG2's error, but it had to happen due to another reason. I could be wrong, though.
Well, if you have the game installed on your hard discs primary drive, it doesn't get removed if you don't reformat the whole drive. So the files might still be there(as the saves were there...), but the baldur.exe itself cannot start the game because, the front-end program that it's, uses the Windows registry to find the BGMain.exe, that is in the same directory. :cringe:

Archived