V2 Progress

Nythrun

Well, if someone makes him an assassin or whatever, he can't use them. But I may as well add this kind of junk as long as I'm in there again.

If you're amenable to adding junk, then i have a couple ideas that resemble that remark!

Both for BG1/Tutu:

1) Gain BG2 xp for scrolls, locks, traps. Instead of the BG1 pittance.

2) Keep the illusory/temporary companions from the BG1 Candlekeep tutorial session

(i.e. Arkanis, Canderous, Mordaine, Deder, Osprey. They normally disappear after you defeat a few waves of illusory monsters)

i realize both components could probably be simulated by Shadowkeeper, console, cheating, etc. But i'd really appreciate them as optional components.

Both for BG1/Tutu:

2) Keep the illusory/temporary companions from the BG1 Candlekeep tutorial session

(i.e. Arkanis, Canderous, Mordaine, Deder, Osprey. They normally disappear after you defeat a few waves of illusory monsters)

i realize both components could probably be simulated by Shadowkeeper, console, cheating, etc. But i'd really appreciate them as optional components.

1) The BG1 cannot give you the XP from learning the spells the same way because it's automated in BG2, the Tutu can be adjusted easily, you to just need to make a new text file(.txt) that you copy this code into:
2DA V1.0
             1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40
PICK_LOCK     250  250  250  250  250  400  400  400  400  400  950  950  950  950  950  1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550 1550
DISARM_TRAP   1000 1000 1000 1000 1000 1750 1750 1750 1750 1750 2750 2750 2750 2750 2750 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250 3250
LEARN_SPELL   1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000 9000 0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

And then you just name(save as) that file as "xpbonus.2da", put the file into the game directory's "override" -folder and you are done.

2) You do understand that the characters would be totally silent, except the few battle calls they make... you get far more action out of starting the game with single player Multiplayer game, allowing you to create full set of adventures and then after you save, you just go to the game folders 'mpsave' folder and copy the save folder to the 'save' folder in the game folder and when you load the save in singleplayer mode.

So definitely maybe, and definitely not right now.
Yeah, I know it won't be in the next version, nor would I even thinking that, it was more of a question on had you though the possibilities... ;)

And sorry about the posts codebox's scrolling error(at least on Firefox), it's not really my fault.

This is probably out of scope for Level 1 NPCs as it doesn't have much to do with customising NPCs. It might make a good component in a more generic tweak mod though. Ideally, it would allow one to use either the BG1/Tutu or BG2 tables as a base, and then offer several options to increase or reduce those values.

I actually thought about making components to mod those guys, but figured it would be stupid. Not just because they don't stick around typically, or have any real dialogue, but there are other conflicts. First of all, Imoen has to join outside Candlekeep, so if you had all 5 in the party, you'd either have to get an option to drop one so she could join, or one would leave on his/her own accord prior to that. Secondly, you encounter Arkanis and Deder again later in the Candlekeep catacombs. If they're still in your party, that'd have to be resolved somehow, either by making the Arkanis and Deder in the catacombs actual dopplegangers (they're not), or by having them leave earlier (indeed, if they both left when Imoen joined, that would solve both problems).

Then of course, it'd be lame if they didn't have other dialogue, as Jarno says. So it's probably out of scope too, though it might make an interesting mod on its own. If such a mod ever appears, L1NPCs could offer them as moddable NPC choices - there seems little point in that otherwise.

This is probably out of scope for Level 1 NPCs as it doesn't have much to do with customising NPCs. It might make a good component in a more generic tweak mod though. Ideally, it would allow one to use either the BG1/Tutu or BG2 tables as a base, and then offer several options to increase or reduce those values.
Yeah, unfortunatly the BGT Tweaks component needs a file that the Tutu doesn't have...

Anyways, the BG2 Tweak Packs would be ideal mod for this, as it has the 50th level tweak, it could also adjust the set table on on a subcomponents or something... and yet more ideally one of them would include a table which all numbers would be equally dividable with the number 30(as that's the first number that's also dividable with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6), so all the party members gain the same experience amount from unlocking and untrapping things, as normally the first party member gains the most(as the dividional excess always goes to them).

Ehum what? I always thought they were illusions/automatons/whatever too... Seeing as everyone last one of them is chunked when the tutorial wizard spirits them away. Do your really meet them again? Keep answer low-spoilerish, as I'm replaying BG1 soonish and don't remember that part at all ;)

Not really L1NPCs material. Here's a separate, untested quicky mod to do it though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vh6b9994pa6b9ph

Yeah, I know it won't be in the next version, nor would I even thinking that
I can support it in the next version I release. What I won't be doing then is recoding a version of that: for now I'm content to let any bugs be someone else's fault ;)

Why such a dislike?
Standing around waiting for the march of immersion-breaking string displays to end.

Besides, you don't have an existing script in the first place anyway, so there's nothing to modify, only to build.
It's an experience modifying script because it modifies experience, not because it modifies another script. And if the player has installed component 3 of this mod, there is another script to modify. And if they install component 3 after the other that needs accounting for as well (and BGTweaks, and NPCs with their own levelup code). None of which is difficult to account for, but account for them we must.

It's okay if we're missing a few things here and there for the next release - I'll need to go back through most of the mods out there to inspect for signature kits and any other such thing we might be handling. I need to bow out for a few days to handle other matters, though.

Up to 183 components, by the way.

Ehum what? I always thought they were illusions/automatons/whatever too... Seeing as everyone last one of them is chunked when the tutorial wizard spirits them away. Do your really meet them again? Keep answer low-spoilerish, as I'm replaying BG1 soonish and don't remember that part at all
Um, yes... two of them at least, as I said. And I don't recall them getting "chunked" though it's been a while. I think they're just forced out of your party, all their "illusory" equipment is taken from you and you're forced out of the building. In vanilla BG1, there was an exploit (intentional or not) whereby you could keep them in your party if you were quick enough. Tutu (and maybe Baldurdash) removed this exploit. BG1 NPC later reintroduced it by allowing you to let party members "wait for you at an inn" (so you could catch them later at the Friendly Arm for example). It may later have closed that exploit too; I'm not sure. I think it should let it stay, because you obviously would know you're intentionally exploiting it.

Using work computer, so can't check. But I really seem to recall the wizard is going to teleport them away, they get chunked (splat!) and there's a text-over something like "Oh sorry, I hate when that happens" or the like. I wouldn't mind if anyone with a BG1/tutu/BGT installation could check it though ;)

Sorry for OT btw.

Archived