IA v6 Final

Side note: I'd love to watch a full LP video of Sikret playing through his own damned mod. No tweaking his version of IA to make it easier. No other mods installed. No SK. Legal party, so IIRC not imported from BG1 and no creating a full party of "Bhaalspawn" (i.e. start a new game with each character then export them so they have the initial 6 Bhaalspawn abilities). No cheese. Final Destination. He is supposed to be a "tactical" genius, right?

Well, he does use the "tactical retreat"...

Side note: I'd love to watch a full LP video of Sikret playing through his own damned mod. No tweaking his version of IA to make it easier. No other mods installed. No SK. Legal party, so IIRC not imported from BG1 and no creating a full party of "Bhaalspawn" (i.e. start a new game with each character then export them so they have the initial 6 Bhaalspawn abilities). No cheese. Final Destination. He is supposed to be a "tactical" genius, right?

He can't. Not without cheese. Or even if he can, it won't be a no-reload game, and if it is an insane-difficulty game, it will include TONS of reloading for each major battle (or several reloads for each major battle if it's normal difficulty game). Of course, keep in mind that he knows best what vulnerabilities his tweaked monsters have.

Doesn't Non Detection block thieves' Detect Illusions?

In Vanilla, True Sight and Detect Illusions pierce through Non-Detection if you are invisible through spell or potion. However, when you are hidden in shadows the Cloak of Non-Detection does work properly against True Sight (100% certain) and I think also against Detect Illusions. But I am uncertain whether the Spell Non-Detection functions the same way...

Saros alluded to this and I've written about it here before, but I wanted to be sure that readers understand that Sikret absolutely refuses (or perhaps is simply incapable of) fixing the infamous "Dispel Magic bug" from vanilla. I believe it's because he doesn't want to - doing so would make his cheesy "Improved Invisibility/SI: Divination" mage defenses weaker. That's a critical part of IA's enemy AI.

This means that it is absolutely impossible for any of your IA party members to ever successfully dispel an enemy cast spell if that enemy is higher level than your character. The inquisitor is the exception, but the class was heavily nerfed to prevent it from having more than a few levels higher dispel effect (not doubled as in vanilla). Also take note that Bards in IA have been severely nerfed to level VERY slowly - explicitly to prevent them from being able to dispel easily by virtue of their very fast leveling in vanilla games.

In IA v6 testing we had discussions about this in which Sikret claimed that other modders who've fixed the Dispel Magic bug (Taimon, for example) used methods that were "unreliable". He and his Fuhrer (Baroniass) pontificated about how the fix doesn't work, or breaks games, blah blah blah. I've got the thread saved somewhere.

Doesn't Non Detection block thieves' Detect Illusions?

In Vanilla, True Sight and Detect Illusions pierce through Non-Detection if you are invisible through spell or potion. However, when you are hidden in shadows the Cloak of Non-Detection does work properly against True Sight (100% certain) and I think also against Detect Illusions. But I am uncertain whether the Spell Non-Detection functions the same way...

Someone with IA documentation available would have to check this, but if my memory serves Sikret removed the Cloak of Non-Detection from the game. He thinks it's 'cheesy'. :) What a damned hypocrite.

I don't know if he's removed the spell. Rest assured that if he hasn't, it's because he's somehow made the spell unusable in some fashion.

Jaheira's Harper Pin has been nerfed as well and doesn't provide Non-Detection in IA 6.0, while in 5.0 it was the vanilla item with all bonuses untouched (including Non-Detection).

The 'Non-Detection' spell is dispelled by True Sight/Seeing, so there is no point in further nerfing it. It is already useless. The items that provided permanent 'Non-Detection' were the real trouble for Sikret.

Wow, look at the time...it's June already! Where did the year go?

It's now been one year since the money-grubbing Fuhrer of BWL - Baroniass - moved the elite of the elite behind the infamous Iron Curtain. It's time for all those annual membership fees to be paid again, folks!

So how many of the fools are going to let Baro part them from their money THIS time around?

Exactly what does one get from being a paying member of BWL again? Someone help me out here...

Hmph. What 'leaders' are you talking about. In my case, maybe 'irritatingly persistent player' would be far better description. In any case, no one has withered away in fear of a stupid mod. We simply have more important things to do, like real work, and real life. I myself am working averagely 8-10 hours per day in a hospital. However, look at this topic before writing again.

Hi all,

I hope someone here can help me a bit with IA v6. I have recently started a new game - my party, not really important for the problem, but here it is:

Necro PC

Beserker

Valy

Vagrant

Sorc

Ranger->Cleric

I have a weird problem with Fanatic spirit in WK1 that is guarding the bell. My party seems strong enough to kill him, however, I bring him to near death, but he never seems to die :)

I didn't use any cheats, as far as I am aware. Is there something I need to do to kill him?

I have a weird problem with Fanatic spirit in WK1 that is guarding the bell. My party seems strong enough to kill him, however, I bring him to near death, but he never seems to die ???

I didn't use any cheats, as far as I am aware. Is there something I need to do to kill him?

Maybe a bit late for an answer. There's nothing special needed AFAIK, I've never had any problems with him. Still stuck on him?

Anyway, people still playing the supposed "Beta version"? Or have you just blown IA completely off? I'm still turtling my way through ToB when not playing Skyrim.

So Sikret has edited the whole game in order to make his mod "challenging", even going as far as removing items, nerfing classes and spells, and gods know what else?

If he was such a genius, he could make a tactical mod that doesn't edit the entire game to fit his plan.

I guess it shows the dictatorship of him and Baronius. I wonder when the paying BWL members will start a civil war and overthrow them? History has shown that dictatorship just doesn't work. Not IRL, not online.

It's no secret I think that demanding payment for forum access is rediculous. I feel sorry for those who are paying for their membership...you're being ripped off by a couple of greedy bastards. I'm so glad I jumped the BWL ship before it sailed right down the waterfall and into the nautical abyss.

Archived