IA v6 Final

The question for me is then this: Why is a mod that is considered so bloody awfull (by reading last responses) such a popular topic of dicussion? Why not ignore it and let it rest in obscurity?

The mod isn't that awful, although indeed v5 was much better. It's simply extremely boring. That's why I haven't yet finished it even once. And the discussion goes on because there are always people trying the mod for the first time and in desperate need of tips - since the BWL forum is closed.

iA6 isn't "awful". It's not much from IA5 considering the time it was developed, however. I doubt I'll have the patience to go on a Vagrant run anywhere in the near future, however. ToB parts are quite boring.

p.s.

lynx, you're Slovenian?

I like IA for the beautiffully designed battles, it is for me no small achievement to designed a near-impossible battle that is not impossible after all. (I confess I follow the mod guidelines as far as cheat and cheese and party level are concerned)

I fully agree that V6 is not crap, even though V5 was better because more open to roleplay (no forbidden classes)

@kreso: vagrant has specific quest with one horrible battle (do not spoil which one ;) , just say "soul" you will tell us may be..)

Too bad mod designer is so obsessed with people playing another way that his, think things started to go awry when mod designer just quit designing a mod to try to make with IA some kind of P&P stuff where he would be the dungeon master and impose his views (which he has the right to do but is not IMO the good spirit to design a mod).

Still, I like IA, I am just sad that a mod that could be great provided a little openness in both coding and attitude toward community is slowly declining to oblivion (this from what I heard about what V7 is going to be).

Having some accointance with a guy who has access to beyond the iron curtain, I can tell you this feeling is shared by many among the fewer and fewer members there (who for the majority of them do not agree with BWL closing gates).

@lynx - bok susjedu, onda.

@kvote - I finished SoA part with Vagrant, so I saw that quest (mirrors, Drowned blah blah) and actually hated it...such a bad quest idea - mr.x has to be defeated twice by a Vagrant(hobo?!)....no comment.

If Sikret was a DM in table game:

Player : "why is this monster taking 0 damage from +4 enchanted arrows"?

Sikret: "he's immune to all missiles."

Player: "Does he have any other immunities that we should know of? He looks human, doesn't he?"

Sikret: "When he casts his Hardiness which cannot be removed, he is immune to all physical damage. He has 95 non-reducable magic resistance and is immune to magic damage as well. He is immune to all elemetal damage as well. If u cast Time Stop prior to battle, he drops no loot. If u play with a non-Necromancer he will kill u instantly. Any other questions?"

.....Sikret gets thrown out the window.

@kvote - I finished SoA part with Vagrant, so I saw that quest (mirrors, Drowned blah blah) and actually hated it...such a bad quest idea - mr.x has to be defeated twice by a Vagrant(hobo?!)....no comment.

Vagrant storyline sucks, hated drowned soul, but liked final fight (apart those spiders which have no more reason to be in a D&D game than lightsabers)

If Sikret was a DM in table game:

Player : "why is this monster taking 0 damage from +4 enchanted arrows"?

Sikret: "he's immune to all missiles."

Player: "Does he have any other immunities that we should know of? He looks human, doesn't he?"

Sikret: "When he casts his Hardiness which cannot be removed, he is immune to all physical damage. He has 95 non-reducable magic resistance and is immune to magic damage as well. He is immune to all elemetal damage as well. If u cast Time Stop prior to battle, he drops no loot. If u play with a non-Necromancer he will kill u instantly. Any other questions?"

.....Sikret gets thrown out the window.

:D

I'm currently alpha testing version 9 (insane, no leveling up, no weapons and spells allowed) but such is the life of subpar players I suppose still being stuck with version 5 or 6. Really wish Temujin would come back, at least the opposition to IA had a little pathetic spark.

Budapest also has no traffic so it is better than all other as cities.

Impressive. Clearly this next update of Sword Coast Stratagems will only be able to be played by about six people, the greatest tacticians, people such as myself, Sikret, Baronious, maybe thetruth and raven (though they are still stuck on the Executive Advanced Improved Player level.) Clearly you have come to realize that modding for the pathetic masses is a waste of your talents and it is much more satisfying to making a mod that only ten people can play. Your Sword Coast

Stratagems mod (with the next update of course) fits what we are looking for perfectly. Contrary to popular opinion we at BWL are not a bunch of closed door stuck up elitists. We do recognize talent in the IE modding scene and would like to invite you to join the BWL team. Of course you will start at the Freshman Novice Beginner Modder level and we will likely integrate your mod into IA, but please contact Baronius at your earliest convenience.

Archived