IA v6 Final

Well, because it allows save vs death. Meaning that powerful opponents (the ones you want to bleed the most) will actually save all of the time vs the bleeding damage. Even if they fail a save occasionally, it's still an unreliable weapon. FoDaW is good mainly because of the innate 15% physical resistances.

Flail:

Special ability:

With every successful hit, the target should save vs. wands with a -4 penalty or take five points of bleeding (piercing) damage per round for 4 rounds. This is cumulative with additional successful hits.

Thousand Cuts: Combat Abilities: One round after each successful hit, the target should save vs. death with a -4 penalty or take 4 extra points of (slashing) damage every round for five rounds.

Both have save at -4. One is 4 damage for 5 rounds, the other 5 damage for 4 rounds.

Explain, why Thousand Cuts is bad?

EDIT: Enemies have better saves vs death than vs wands. Is this what you are trying to say?

Well, I really can't stand strategies for a tough fight that state "I won because I got a lucky Wish: Rest". Seems so unreliable. Anyway, good job to score a win on so few attempts. Yours is not the only one - 95% of the people winning EDE even for the 10th time with a different party still describe the key moment of Wishing for Rest. Of course, it's not unlikely to get zero wishes for Rest out of 20 attempts. Wishing has its place in this fight, but rather at the very end when either of 4 options: Party Improved Haste, Everyone Improved Haste, Party PFME or Wish:Rest are viable.

Notes from throughout my play:

- Mazzy should get a +5 upgrade, not a +4... her upgrade isn't even available right out of the Underdark, while Valygar's +5 is

- would also suggest a custom item for each NPC, like Viconia, who didn't get one (I realize there's not much to work with there)

- utterly ridiculous how many enemies are immune to arrows. I usually try for a Ranger protagonist, which in this mod would probably be worse than a Monk

- why nerf Celestial Fury? most enemies are immune to stun anyways

- many of the auramaster's extra spells seem superfluous and out of flavor

- Valeria's door and the Kuo-Toa tadpole pool are very confusing if you don't have Saros PMing you essays

- would love to see sling, spear, scimitar upgrades built in (well, the first would be useless, but perhaps the latter two. Or you could make a sling upgrade that does crushing damage)

- Firkraag's companions seem weird. Why not replace the grandlords with some souped up fire elementals?

- should probably document the Deck of Many Things changes

- also regarding documentation, include the save penalty to Death of a Thousand Cuts and the Protection from Critical Hits for Ioun stones

- Cernd gets Fists of Nature after you've passed by every Rakshasa (I think) in the game, save for the final battle. This seems silly.

- if you have 5 summons and cast Recast Vital Energy and get the Grandlord, there's a message saying "you can only control 5 summons" and it doesn't appear

- the "silence" spells make mage characters switch to their secondary weapon. Really odd (unintentional?) side effect

- Negative Plane Protection doesn't seem to require Touch, but I think it should

- amusing that Hardwood Golems are weak to crushing. Would have thought slashing (axes, obviously)

- should put Swanmay's resist-lowering into documentation or describe more explicitly in-game

As I'm mostly interested in the fun items, I'm curious what people think the best ones are. In many ways, I think this would be Phosphorus - it's available pre-spellhold, and my Fighter/Mage was still using it in the last battle of the game. 24 STR gives an awesome boost to Thac0, which is helpful here, and of course it's a crushing weapon which is the best class in this game by far. Judgment Day did indeed live up to my expectations though, in seeing it in the docs.

Hardest battle: probably the Kobold crystal in Spellhold. The resist-lowering chain lightning, and then the Amber Golems on top of that, were a nightmare that I was not prepared for. Maybe a bit easier with potions of absorption (and lots of running around), but I had a real hard time with this.

Most fun battle: the one after you forge Judgment Day and return to Watcher's Keep. It's probably average in difficulty throughout this mod, but it makes you feel like you earned the sword, and it's perhaps your first time seeing it in action.

- Valygar is Sikret's pet, that's why he gets the best gear. Don't expect any other NPC to get even closer to that except his other pet, Cernd

- Many people have suggested custom items for NPCs. Sikret disregarded them all

- there is a certain bow that inflicts pure piercing damage instead of missile. Still, having an Archer is fun, but highly unproductive. Can be useful in many fights though, including the last one, provided you don't shoot Ultra golems (immune to piercing damage)

- No one uses katanas in IA. Except Valygar. Anyway, Celestial Fury is an ingredient for Hammer of Thor.

- about the Auramaster - agreed, but we're not talking about a flavour here rather than about power. Sikret's pet kits are all greatly overpowered compared to the vanilla kits and classes - Auramaster is no exception

- yeah I myself got an explanation on my first run regarding the Kuo-Toan altar. Otherwise I'd never figure where to use that stone. Or what to do with the magical pull.

- several years ago I also suggested a sling upgrade to do (minor) crushing damage in addition to the missile damage against which powerful opponents are immune. As you can see, no sling upgrade yet. And there probably won't be any in IA.

- Firkraag has Warlords, not Grandlords. Frankly, what pisses me off in this fight (and other IA fights) is that you cannot kill the "boss" without first getting rid of his minions. And that healing out of nowhere between summoning each wave...it's a pure cheat implemented by the modder. One of many.

-

- each and every headgear grants protection to Criticals in the vanilla game. No need to document that IMO.

- Yeah, Cernd gets Fists of Nature and there are no Rakshasas around, you forge the Dragon Lord and there is no dragon around, forge Hesperus to see no vampire around - so what's new, get used to it

- Just have 4 normal summons, the rest "special" ones, you should be able to get that Skeleton Lord (definitely not Grandlord).

Explain, why Thousand Cuts is bad?

EDIT: Enemies have better saves vs death than vs wands. Is this what you are trying to say?

Well, in my runs, I tested the Death of Thousand Cuts vs Ultra Golems (never vs Amber golems, that's a suicide), Greater Elemental and Supreme Elemental golems, the Elite Nishruu, Vaxaal and the Rakshasa prince. Was always disappointed from the results. That's why I don't like it.

You have big issues with Slow and Field of Repulse because you lack powerful protective rings (+4 ones) for everyone who could wear those.

True.

The "lousy" The Truth blade grants +1 to saves due to the innate bless and 2 more from the Protection from Evil while equipped.

No, it doesn't. RP isn't Evil. It adds +1 due to Bless.

EDIT:

Bless only gives +1 vs Fear effects. No help from this sword :( .

would also suggest a custom item for each NPC, like Viconia, who didn't get one (I realize there's not much to work with there)

As I remember, Sikret suggested that Imp.Human Flesh should be "her" armor.

- utterly ridiculous how many enemies are immune to arrows. I usually try for a Ranger protagonist, which in this mod would probably be worse than a Monk

You can't go worse than monk.

- many of the auramaster's extra spells seem superfluous and out of flavor

Agreed. Ruby Ray of Reversal, on a Druid? Why not give them an innate Spellstrike as well? ;)

- Valeria's door and the Kuo-Toa tadpole pool are very confusing if you don't have Saros PMing you essays

:D

- Firkraag's companions seem weird. Why not replace the grandlords with some souped up fire elementals?

Speaking of weird, for me it was Twisted Rune gang. They operate "underground". Now, the question which comes to mind is why don't they (considering their power) simply go "above ground" and kill everything? Even Vaxall alone can subdue whole Athkatla.

One answer springs to mind, they're afraid of the general for Oasis fight. :p

As I'm mostly interested in the fun items, I'm curious what people think the best ones are. In many ways, I think this would be Phosphorus - it's available pre-spellhold, and my Fighter/Mage was still using it in the last battle of the game. 24 STR gives an awesome boost to Thac0, which is helpful here, and of course it's a crushing weapon which is the best class in this game by far. Judgment Day did indeed live up to my expectations though, in seeing it in the docs.

Foebane, Poseidon, Vecna/Memory of Apprenti, Thor Hammer, Phosphorus, Valygar's and Vagrant's armors.

Hardest battle: probably the Kobold crystal in Spellhold. The resist-lowering chain lightning, and then the Amber Golems on top of that, were a nightmare that I was not prepared for. Maybe a bit easier with potions of absorption (and lots of running around), but I had a real hard time with this.

For me, it was Firkraag.

Most fun battle

None. It felt more like tedius work than playing a game. Perhaps Temple sewers party, or Sorcerous Amon and his gang.

The "lousy" The Truth blade grants +1 to saves due to the innate bless and 2 more from the Protection from Evil while equipped.

No, it doesn't. RP isn't Evil. It adds +1 due to Bless.

EDIT:

Bless only gives +1 vs Fear effects. No help from this sword :( .

Hm, that's for me not using NearInfinity...didn't know that the prince was not evil. Yeah I got mixed up with Bless and Aid again (Aid does grant bonuses to all saves, while Bless only adds 1 to save vs death). So the Truth doesn't help improve saves...it does improve base THAC0 by 1 though, which is also very good vs the Prince.

Example: Winning the Suna Seni fight by charming the enemy cleric while in the middle of casting his Greater Command is not a strategy. It's just a lucky reload.

doh! whole game is a lucky reload. especially on "insane". you SHOULD know that. ;]

I mean ..really? its still better than circling around them like a hamster (right, boo?) on coffeine, imo.

Example: Winning the Suna Seni fight by charming the enemy cleric while in the middle of casting his Greater Command is not a strategy. It's just a lucky reload.

doh! whole game is a lucky reload. especially on "insane". you SHOULD know that. ;]

I mean ..really? its still better than circling around them like a hamster (right, boo?) on coffeine, imo.

People who usually stick to Sikret's moronic strategies (like "stand your ground, don't run away and don't circle around to abuse the AI") quickly changed their point of view when they tried an Insane run. You cannot really "stand your ground" when the Suna Seni assassin backstabs for 100+ damage or when a Gem Golem hits you for 120 dmg. It's really common sense. If you don't believe me, try for yourself.

Was the cold damage from Poseidon's Wrath removed?

From the Item List:

Poseidon's Wrath +5

100% Resistance to Cold

Immunity to Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting spell

THAC0: +5

Damage: D10 +5

+5 Cold damage per hit

30% chance (per hit) to inflict 30 points of additional magic damage

Looking the item up in Near Infinity shows no "+5" cold damage.

It is said that Poseidon had actually used this weapon for a short period of time before it was stolen and lost mysteriously.

Equipped abilities:

100% Resistance to Cold

Immunity to Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting spell

Combat Abilities:

THAC0: +5

Damage: D10 +5

30% chance of draining victim of water (+30 magic damage)

Slays: Fire Elementals, Efreeti, Salamanders (no save)

Damage type: piercing

Weight: 12

Speed Factor: 5

Proficiency Type: Halberd

Type: 2-handed

Requires: 13 Strength

Not Usable By:

Probably, they forgot to fix the item description in the IA document files. Indeed it has been nerfed not to apply elemental damage on each hit. And the 30 cold damage was replaced with magic damage as well.

BTW the two tweaked weapons that now inflict magical damage (Poseidon's wrath, Axe of the Lakesider) and the new 5-level spell Larloch's interrupter (ignores MR, inflicts magic damage) create a very interesting IA v6 bug on the Tree of Life, I will make a video about it when I get there (it may take a while though).

Change to magic damage, probably because of chunking. Does it still happen when you turn off "Gore" ?

No. I really don't know why people play with "Gore" turned on. But the change to magic damage makes Poseidon's wrath unbelievably effective vs Coin golems. And Elemental Golems.

Thinking to start a game. Here's some customization I'm going to do. Let me know what you think.

Treefoks Arm will be +4, enchantment, thac0, to hit (this is valid for all of the below items). Basically, by the time I forge it, it's sort of obsolete ( after Underdark ) since there will be Grandlords, Elemental Golems that require +4, etc. Will be forging Phosphorus early on.

Gnasher will be +4. I think this is an Underdark item. Bleeding damage will be with a save of -6 or -8 ( even then enemies save 50-70% ) of the time. Only lasts 4 rounds, and damage is 2 only ( which translates to 1 damage after enemy resistances ).

Axe of the Unyielding will be +4. Will get +2 AC bonus, and 2 HP/Round regen. This is a late SoA or Early ToB item. Watchers Keep LVL 4 I believe.

Upgraded Unyielding Axe +5, will basically have +2 AC, 3HP/Round, +10 HP Added, Each hit drains 2 HP from the target and adds them to the wielder. Also 20% to Heal the wielder for 10 HP. Basically what Valygars Katana does, which is a late SoA item I believe. This will be late ToB item. Vorpal hit removed of course since it's worthless.

Staff of the Magi usable by any alignment.

Soul Reaver +4 will be a Long Sword. Chance to Thac0 penalty will be 25% ( still worthless, especially in off-hand, also powerful enemies are immune to the effect ) This will be used as off-hand weapon most of the time. Since there are no good Long Swords in mid-late SoA.

Fighter HLA's Resist Magic increased to 1 Turn from 4 Rounds. Now hopefully will be useable. Although I still won't pick more than one, as Hardiness/Critical Strike are more important. Now the HLA won't expire before enemy mages even attempt to shoot a lower resistance here and there.

Defender of Easthaven will be +4. Maybe improve AC to +2, instead of +1. By the time you get it, Watchers Keep LVL 4 or so ( late SoA ), +3 weapons are worthless.

Jorril's Dagger +3 will also be a Long Sword. Costs about 30.000 GP, will be available pre-spellhold. Again no good long swords at all early, so this is needed.

No changes to Halberds as there are two good +4 Halberds in the Underdark already. Also Harmonium Halberd pre-spellhold for around 30.000 GP also. But one can go without it, and just use Lilarcor.

Removing knockback from Staff of the Ram. Stun still applies, but is worthless as most decent enemies are immune to stun. Just hate having somebody thrown around the map, and my characters chasing it.

Rimed Club, will have 10% chance for cold damage instead of 5%. But damage will also be lowered from 10D6 to 5D6.

Judgement Day nerfed a bit maybe. Probably remove all the buffs per hit, except: Blur, Mirror Image, Improved Haste ( maybe leave Stoneskin ). Really not cool having a fighter under PFMW, Spell Turning, Globe of Invulnerability, etc.

Enhanced Pride of the Legion, usable by all Fighters, not just Paladins. And icon probably changed to the Yellow/Red one ( original Red Dragon Armor, which you have to use as an ingredient ).

Adamantine Staff of Strength +5, maybe 10% chance of 2D10 Crushing Damage. Instead of 5% Chance for 4D10. Not sure when this can be forged the earliest, probably late SoA, early-mid ToB.

Other changes could be Golem Slayer Staff useable by Fighers. Staff sounds good in theory but not sure if it's worth it though.

Cernd with Grandmastery in staves maybe. Otherwise I will never pick an Auramaster. Sounds worthless. Not sure if it can replace a Ranger/Cleric.

Treefoks Arm will be +4, enchantment, thac0, to hit (this is valid for all of the below items). Basically, by the time I forge it, it's sort of obsolete ( after Underdark ) since there will be Grandlords, Elemental Golems that require +4, etc. Will be forging Phosphorus early on.

Gnasher will be +4. I think this is an Underdark item. Bleeding damage will be with a save of -6 or -8 ( even then enemies save 50-70% ) of the time. Only lasts 4 rounds, and damage is 2 only ( which translates to 1 damage after enemy resistances ).

I readily agree that Treefolk's Arm is not very useful as it is. However, my tests show it to be a very decent weapon despite being +3. It's still very good vs (greater) elemental golems, being able to apply +1 additional damage on each hit and being able to hit more accurately compared to a +4 weapon. It's also cheap, so making it a +4 is probably OK if you're willing to increase the upgrade cost to 100k gold or if you add an ingredient that's obtained in chapter 6.

Gnasher can be found in the Pirate Hideout sometimes, so I'd advise against its improvement of any sort. Still, it's your run and your decision. Such a powerful weapon even late-game can spoil a lot of tough encounters.

Axe of the Unyielding will be +4. Will get +2 AC bonus, and 2 HP/Round regen. This is a late SoA or Early ToB item. Watchers Keep LVL 4 I believe.

Upgraded Unyielding Axe +5, will basically have +2 AC, 3HP/Round, +10 HP Added, Each hit drains 2 HP from the target and adds them to the wielder. Also 20% to Heal the wielder for 10 HP. Basically what Valygars Katana does, which is a late SoA item I believe. This will be late ToB item. Vorpal hit removed of course since it's worthless.

Staff of the Magi usable by any alignment.

About the unupgraded Axe - I think its enchantment levels are irrelevant (+3 or +4, doesn't really matter).

SoTM however is a very powerful weapon, and I really think the nerfing is correct. It basically prevents a good-aligned Necromancer protagonist to use it. If, however, you don't intend a Necromancer run, then I see no trouble in it, although still it's just better to make an evil mage. BTW characters with UAI can use the SoTM (thieving and stealth buttons are permanently disabled though).

Soul Reaver +4 will be a Long Sword. Chance to Thac0 penalty will be 25% ( still worthless, especially in off-hand, also powerful enemies are immune to the effect ) This will be used as off-hand weapon most of the time. Since there are no good Long Swords in mid-late SoA.

Fighter HLA's Resist Magic increased to 1 Turn from 4 Rounds. Now hopefully will be useable. Although I still won't pick more than one, as Hardiness/Critical Strike are more important. Now the HLA won't expire before enemy mages even attempt to shoot a lower resistance here and there.

Defender of Easthaven will be +4. Maybe improve AC to +2, instead of +1. By the time you get it, Watchers Keep LVL 4 or so ( late SoA ), +3 weapons are worthless.

Jorril's Dagger +3 will also be a Long Sword. Costs about 30.000 GP, will be available pre-spellhold. Again no good long swords at all early, so this is needed.

No changes to Halberds as there are two good +4 Halberds in the Underdark already. Also Harmonium Halberd pre-spellhold for around 30.000 GP also. But one can go without it, and just use Lilarcor.

Removing knockback from Staff of the Ram. Stun still applies, but is worthless as most decent enemies are immune to stun. Just hate having somebody thrown around the map, and my characters chasing it.

Rimed Club, will have 10% chance for cold damage instead of 5%. But damage will also be lowered from 10D6 to 5D6.

Judgement Day nerfed a bit maybe. Probably remove all the buffs per hit, except: Blur, Mirror Image, Improved Haste ( maybe leave Stoneskin ). Really not cool having a fighter under PFMW, Spell Turning, Globe of Invulnerability, etc.

Enhanced Pride of the Legion, usable by all Fighters, not just Paladins. And icon probably changed to the Yellow/Red one ( original Red Dragon Armor, which you have to use as an ingredient ).

Adamantine Staff of Strength +5, maybe 10% chance of 2D10 Crushing Damage. Instead of 5% Chance for 4D10. Not sure when this can be forged the earliest, probably late SoA, early-mid ToB.

Other changes could be Golem Slayer Staff useable by Fighers. Staff sounds good in theory but not sure if it's worth it though.

Cernd with Grandmastery in staves maybe. Otherwise I will never pick an Auramaster. Sounds worthless. Not sure if it can replace a Ranger/Cleric.

Some info about the Soul Reaver - even as it is nerfed at present, people say it's a very powerful and useful weapon, so improving it that much will definitely spoil a lot of fights for you.

Magic Resistance - yeah, it's nice to actually pick something different than Criticals or Hardiness.

Defender of Easthaven is very powerful even as a +3 weapon, I wouldn't mess with it anymore.

Joril's dagger is irrelevant, yeah a long sword change won't affect things much since you can anyway create any number of +3 longswords pre-spellhold if you really need to.

Harmonium Halberd with max discount costs 22 200 gp. It's a very useful item even after you get that Underdark +4 halberds because of the +1 str bonus. I usually give up using it only after I forge Poseidon's Wrath.

Staff of the Ram - many enemies are immune to its knockback effect, but yeah, I admit it's annoying. It can create bugs in some fights - personally I hate when the staff knockbacks a Vampire of some sort in the Orcus encounter behind the "energy barriers" around the room, thus making the fight un-winnable. I wouldn't remove the effect though, just would be more careful against what opponents I use it.

Rimed club - don't think the change will affect things much.

JD sword - you can simply increase the chance of the more beneficial spells being activated after you obliterate the non-essential ones. GoI is useful, but I see no use of Spell Turning on a fighter. But even as it is, the weapon is powerful enough IMO.

Enhanced Pride - yeah, the tweak seems cool and won't make a big difference (anyway almost any fighter can equip the Red Dragon scales, Pride's AC is just a bit better)

Adamantite Staff of Strength can be forged in the early chapter 6, but yeah, more probably to be forged in the late chapter 6 or 7. The damage tweak seems irrelevant though, the Staff of the Ram is still much more powerful.

By what I get as player reports, Cernd is not worthless at all. He has specific uses, naturally, but with his new HLA, Fist of Nature, he can be useful vs any opponent. I simply don't like him though, which won't make him less powerful. An Auramaster can't replace a R-C IMO, it's good to have them both however, especially if you plan a Vagrant run. Cernd can help a lot if you intend to take on the Ancient Secret of Suldanesselar quest.

The Golem Slayer can be used by fighters even as it is - naturally, fighter-mages or fighter-clerics of some sort. Or with UAI. My Berserker-Mage for example makes very good use of it. The staff is excellent for almost the entire chapters 6 and 7 - it does more damage to gem golems than Staff of Strength or Staff of Rynn. Not to mention it also applies extra damage vs Greater bone golems, (greater) Elemental golems, etc.

+1 on Treefolks arm is not worth 100.000 GP my friend, lol. This will actually be free ( as in will be automatically changed to +4 when forged, as the original ).

Sure +3 Weapons are good in late SoA or ToB. If you like your character to stand around holding his dick occasionally ( or not so much occasionally, ex: Orcus fight ).

Again Defender of Easthaven, +3 only. This run it will hit.

I don't see how 5% for Soul Reaver will spoil anything. Especially in off-hand, it's pretty worthless. Tested this already a bit.

I also don't see how Staff of the Magi is any way imbalanced on a protagonist, yet it isn't on a regular party member. This is another one of those inconvenience items, that you have to change when you try to use some buffs. I may skip this, since Necro already has excellent saving throw items.

As for the Gnasher, obviously not gonna upgrade it early on if I manage to get it. There are other good clubs early game. There aren't late game.

As for the Golem Slayer, I was referring to giving it a pure fighter. This might be too strong, since it's a crushing weapon to begin with. Haven't tested yet.

As for Cernd, if he can't fight I don't bother. At least 3 star in Staves if not 4. Sure he can be useful in 3-4 fights, but no room for such looser in my party. I don't play with handicapped kits ( monks, druids, paladins, archers, etc. )

+1 on Treefolks arm is not worth 100.000 GP my friend, lol. This will actually be free ( as in will be automatically changed to +4 when forged, as the original ).

Sure +3 Weapons are good in late SoA or ToB. If you like your character to stand around holding his dick occasionally ( or not so much occasionally, ex: Orcus fight ).

Again Defender of Easthaven, +3 only. This run it will hit.

I don't see how 5% for Soul Reaver will spoil anything. Especially in off-hand, it's pretty worthless. Tested this already a bit.

I also don't see how Staff of the Magi is any way imbalanced on a protagonist, yet it isn't on a regular party member. This is another one of those inconvenience items, that you have to change when you try to use some buffs. I may skip this, since Necro already has excellent saving throw items.

As for the Gnasher, obviously not gonna upgrade it early on if I manage to get it. There are other good clubs early game. There aren't late game.

As for the Golem Slayer, I was referring to giving it a pure fighter. This might be too strong, since it's a crushing weapon to begin with. Haven't tested yet.

As for Cernd, if he can't fight I don't bother. At least 3 star in Staves if not 4. Sure he can be useful in 3-4 fights, but no room for such looser in my party. I don't play with handicapped kits ( monks, druids, paladins, archers, etc. )

Treefolk's Arm +4 was maybe one of the most overpowered weapons in IA v5, considering the fact it's an early and cheap item. I didn't even forge Phosphorous since the +4 club was better for most of the game.

DoE is used as an off-hand weapon to a fighter in order to grant that fighter additional 10% resistances. It usually doesn't intend to hit anyone. If it can - great.

A Necro PC has immunity to Silence compared to any other arcane caster, which is a great bonus. Adding invisibility-at-will to that makes the gap between a Necro PC and any other party mage enormous. You still have the option of turning Evil in Hell, thus the SoTM can be legally used by a PC Necro in ToB. However, I'm not sure if Recast Vital Energy would work for an evil Necro PC. We're not discussing +2 save bonus or permanent ProEvil here - those are almost irrelevant for a Necro PC.

OK about Soul Reaver you may have a point, never actually tested it in v6.

The Golem Slayer is far too powerful a weapon to give it to a pure fighter. Not even mentioning the 25% crushing resistance the staff grants, which alone tilts the balance enormously. If you want to use it effectively, try deploying it with Polymorph Self Spider - Shocking Grasp + IHaste + Giant Strength combo.

Giving Cernd ***** in Quarterstaves won't give him any extra attacks (he is no fighter), so for just a bit of THAC0 and damage...it's really not worth it. There is a way of safely making an Auramaster-Fighter, but then again you won't be able to progress with the Auramaster levels too much, which is what you want in the end. Still, you can make a 38 lvl Auramaster and dual to fighter, having an additional fighter for almost the entire game, and in the end regain those Auramaster levels to become a real monster.

Archived