Elanee massively bugged?

Guest Soldier_Of_Misfortune

Guest Soldier_Of_Misfortune

Hi,

I just started playing a new game after the latest patch (I have SoZ if this makes a difference). Right after the fight where Elanee joins me, I notice that her AI just does not work at all, in any way, shape, or form.

After the fight, I try to talk to her. No response.

I figured there might be some momentary bugginess, so I went up into the glade and took down the enraged bear. Elanee just fell in combat and stayed dead, leaving behind her remains. No dialog was triggered. Additionally, after the wolf fights, I additionally attempted to talk to her. Same results.

Neeshka seems to work fine.

On a subsequent reload, I had the Elanee fight again (figuring I'd try once more) and this time she didn't even talk to me after the last enemy fell and I was stuck in that valley where she initially joins you.

Any ideas? I mean, I'll reinstall the game if I have to, but I'd rather not wait another freakin' WEEK to patch everything.

Thanks in advance.

Whatever it is, it isn't the Romance Pack. We alter one file for Elanee, gl_elanee.dlg. We don't touch her scripts.

It sounds like your installation has some serious issues, but the BioWare boards can probably help you better than we can.

Guest Soldier of Misfortune
Whatever it is, it isn't the Romance Pack. We alter one file for Elanee, gl_elanee.dlg. We don't touch her scripts.

It sounds like your installation has some serious issues, but the BioWare boards can probably help you better than we can.

Well, that tells me it isn't the pack, then. I'll figure it out from here. Thanks. :cringe:

Well, that tells me it isn't the pack, then. I'll figure it out from here. Thanks. :cringe:

Yeah, I did both the Skymirror and the Circle of Druids during chapter 3. Made a point of choosing the responses that would win influence with her as well.

Beren, I think you meant to post in your older bug report about Neeshka coming to the Walls instead of Elanee. Elanee vs Neeshka script on the Walls check the following:

Influence with Elanee is equal or over 10, and her romance is not deactivated. (P#ElaneeRomanceInactive doesn't exist)

There is a discrepancy with Neeshka's global value in the script, I will fix it, and we'll have to update the pack. I don't know, if it will fix the issue, but we'll need to test. I won't be at the Walls for a while. A quick solution for you is to:

Before the Walls, tell Neeshka via flirts that you love Elanee, and see if it fixes the issue.

If that doesn't try checking your globals file and see that:

P#ElaneeRomanceInactive doesn't exist - delete it or set to 0

Set P#NeeshkaRomanceInactive to 1

If that doesn't fix it, I will need to work further on it.

Archived