Some thoughts.

novisionary

I have to agree, I'd be a super thing to have and is one of the most wanted features. So much interest, yet so little willingness to help us achieve it. Very odd asymmetry. :( At least my interest got the ball rolling on the tough part and it's really a shame and partly our failure that we lost the beginning of the gui code.

You are wrong when you say you can't help (without learning to code), but it is a common misconception. Our list here is general, but it affects this mod too.

I'm glad you agree on the importance of such a mod. One of the problems seems to be that while a lot of users want this feature, they have always been told no, no, and triple no by pretty much all the mod authors and other experienced players, because the 6-member-limit is hardcoded and therefore not modable. Barely does anyone ever refer to the possibilities that GemRB has to offer. My guess is that because users have been asking for such a mod since forever, it is by now "common sense" that it is a impossible thing to do.

If this mod was possible without GemRB, I think you'd have much more support. Is it? If not, then GemRB has to become more popular. I used to be pretty active in many of the major IE forums and tried to "advertise" GemRB a little, actually. However, back then, BG2 was not fully playable and noone seemed to be that much interested in it. Players, because they couldn't play it, modders, because players wouldn't be able to play mods developed for GemRB, so why bother, right?

I just wanted to say thank you for at least thinking about this! Being able to play with more then 6 party members would make GemRB qualitatively better then the original Infinity Engine, and *greatly* encourage people to use GemRB instead. Seriously... If you want people to use GemRB, implement 10-member parties, even in rudimentary form, and then spread the word. GemRB will become famous =)

Hey, cool to see that this hasn't been forgotten, yet. sayke is right. GemRB will become more popular once the 6 party member limit is overcome. I know, there might be other priorities, but you guys should really think about this in terms of advertisement.

In my opinion GemRB has 3 major qualities that you should stress:

1. IE Games playable on portable devices

2. Easier to mod/ more modding possibilities

3. The implementation of a larger than 6 members party

I thinkif you'd advertise point 3 stronger in the major international IE forums, you'd find capable volunteers for this job!

Good luck with your future work!

Archived