gavin issues

Wildfly

just created a new install with gavin, installed on top of the older npc mods (kelsey, kiv, xan, fade, tsu)

but got problems at the beginning. firstly kivan at the first meeting at the Promenade thought himself Gavin (and in intimate relationship with Charname, too :cringe:

and was completely unreperable, giving in his dialog priest kit specifications. had to send him away. the other npc's seem to be ok. then, recruited gavin, got his quest, went to the T. discr., got the dialog ok. later, when i went to collect Gavin in the Temple of O he acted as if nothing happened and asked when will we go to the Temple district. after that i got the cutscene without the dialog and now all the group (miranda, larnie, gavin) are silent. it's a pity, as what i'd seen from the mod seems very nice and the dialogs are well written.

giving in his dialog priest kit specifications
If you are using an older savegame for your new runthrough, that could explain the text mix-ups. If you mod the new install differently, using old savegames lead to text string mixups in names, dialogues and item descriptions.
Maybe you're leaving something out in your description, but I'm not sure what happened. You recruited Gavin, went to the Temple District, and nothing happened?

oh, sorry if i wasn't clear.

1. did a completely new install (returned to play BGII after about a year of deprivation :cringe:

2. installed gavin after the older NPC's

3. got straight to W. promenade (dungeon be-gone)

first thing here, met kivan who got totally mixed up LT dialog options of Gavin, from the beginning.

4. sent off Kiv, recruited Gavin from the top of the Copper C.

5. went to the temple discrict, as i was required. got miranda-laurie-gavin dialog.

6. gavin left to the temple of O. with the girl.

7. went to the Oghma temple to recruit back Gavin. got his parting dialog with the girl (...will you bring presents, daddy, etc.)

8. Gavin rejoins the party. first thing he says, why we didn't visited the Temple district for the divination spell (reminded me of the Minsc bug with the gnoll stronghold)

9. we got back to the temple district, when i got (silent) miranda, the daughter, gavin none has to say whatsoever 2 me.

my install:

now, i did a really small amount of mod install (i usually put a lot of things in, but as for now i basically tried most of them out and now i wanted just a basic game with a few npc mods, RE and Assassination, tactics and tweaks), the only "old" mod i installed was Tsujatha which i put at the very beginning of my npc install.

giving in his dialog priest kit specifications
If you are using an older savegame for your new runthrough, that could explain the text mix-ups. If you mod the new install differently, using old savegames lead to text string mixups in names, dialogues and item descriptions.

hi, thanks for the help. no, it's not exactly an older savegame from BGII but an imported finalsave from BGtutu :cringe:

btw, i also wanted to thank you for yur Ajantis mod for BG2. played it last time and liked everything in it. when i play the BG1 NPC project i'm usually a coran/xan fan, but in BG2 he had my full attention :)

You'd probably better post your weidu.log. It's a small file in your game directory. YOu can open it with any text editor. Notepad will work.

You've got scrambled strings and scripts from somewhere, that is clear. It is probable that you got them by altering your installation at some point, reinstalling something similar, and it may not have been Gavin. If you reinstalled something earlier than Gavin in the installation order, that would do it.

You'd probably better post your weidu.log. It's a small file in your game directory. YOu can open it with any text editor. Notepad will work.

You've got scrambled strings and scripts from somewhere, that is clear. It is probable that you got them by altering your installation at some point, reinstalling something similar, and it may not have been Gavin. If you reinstalled something earlier than Gavin in the installation order, that would do it.

although it was a real simple install, maybe you right, and i messed up something. anyho, after i started a new game and again got messed up dialogs (got kiv saying "I have a strange request...sister. I have the heart of a man...") i got desperate and restored a clean install as i really want to try out gavin. now i'm installing the mods again ;)

Archived