Let's Play....Angelo?!?

Zavrian

Coming very very soon, Angelo will debut in a Youtube let's play of BG2!

The playthrough is up already actually, BG1 included, but the player has not reached Angelo yet. I am not the player, but I recommended Angelo to him, and he has just confirmed that his install of Angelo does indeed work.

The player discovered the Baldur's Gate saga backwards. He played Dragon Age, had never even heard of BG, though he had unknowingly heard BG2's soundtrack, funnily enough.

That being so, his playthrough is blind, that is, he played through BG1 and the very beginning of 2 without knowing almost any spoilers. So veteran players of the game may facepalm a bit, but remember what your first playthrough was like, eh?

Anyway, unless it's some kind of rules violation, I will post the youtube link here once Angelo actually shows up. The let's player has already agreed to give a link to the mod page.

Heh, who would've thunkit! Sounds pretty cool. Thanks, Zavrian, I'm looking forward to it.

Coming very very soon, Angelo will debut in a Youtube let's play of BG2!

The playthrough is up already actually, BG1 included, but the player has not reached Angelo yet. I am not the player, but I recommended Angelo to him, and he has just confirmed that his install of Angelo does indeed work.

The player discovered the Baldur's Gate saga backwards. He played Dragon Age, had never even heard of BG, though he had unknowingly heard BG2's soundtrack, funnily enough.

That being so, his playthrough is blind, that is, he played through BG1 and the very beginning of 2 without knowing almost any spoilers. So veteran players of the game may facepalm a bit, but remember what your first playthrough was like, eh?

Anyway, unless it's some kind of rules violation, I will post the youtube link here once Angelo actually shows up. The let's player has already agreed to give a link to the mod page.

Haha, this is great! But it's so funny to remember the first time I played BG II, what...almost ten years ago, Blink 182 on the radio, 9/11 yet to come...and now to watch somebody else playing through for the first time with the character I made. Thanks, again.

Also I was snickering when he fought the slavers because I knew he was about to run into Asgurz.

-SV

Glad for your enthusiasm and support, SV!

The LPer's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/squee913

Angelo's debut video:

Haha, this is great! But it's so funny to remember the first time I played BG II, what...almost ten years ago, Blink 182 on the radio, 9/11 yet to come...and now to watch somebody else playing through for the first time with the character I made. Thanks, again.

Also I was snickering when he fought the slavers because I knew he was about to run into Asgurz.

-SV

Angelo's debut video:

Thanks for watching, and even more thanks for the character! He is very well made and one of the more entertaining members of the party!! Rest assured he will be with me till the end! Oh and the Imoen Courtesan stunt? Perfect example of when something is "Too Soon" ;)

Heh, thanks Squee, this really is a pleasure for me to watch. Be sure to swing by the Windspear Hills, then the Docks, so you can play out Angelo's two quests (though it leads to a fight that might frustrate you--but if it comes to that, I'll give you some tips).

Best,

SV

-SV

Angelo's debut video:

Thanks for watching, and even more thanks for the character! He is very well made and one of the more entertaining members of the party!! Rest assured he will be with me till the end! Oh and the Imoen Courtesan stunt? Perfect example of when something is "Too Soon" ;)

Also the "sleep with me, Angelo" option during the drinking talk was supposed to trigger for romance-eligible females only, but triggers for males too. I left it that way because I thought it was funny, and apparently I was correct...

Heh, thanks Squee, this really is a pleasure for me to watch. Be sure to swing by the Windspear Hills, then the Docks, so you can play out Angelo's two quests (though it leads to a fight that might frustrate you--but if it comes to that, I'll give you some tips).

Best,

SV

-SV

Angelo's debut video:

I will be sure to do both of those, but I will try to space them out. It works better I think if it's not all done at once. Don't worry about frustrating fights, my lack of skill make every fight that way. Even worse, I like frustrating! You didn't see, but I once spent 20 minutes in the first BG let's play running around in circles trying to kill a vamp wolf at level 2. Poor Zavrain still has Palm prints on his face ;)

Not nearly as bad as your "quest for the path to Beregost" or your insistence on throwing yourself into a hail of Black Talon elite archers over and over again about 3 levels early, my friend. ;)

What? they were asking for it!!! And I won.... eventually. :laugh:

And Beregost is not my fault!!!!! How was I supposed to know that you actually had to go south.... to go south... Ok, Beregost is my fault... ;)

@Squee: ;) I look forward to seeing your efforts; but I do think I made the fight too tough even for experienced players, so we'll see. BGII can be overwhelming with all the things you're supposed to/able to do, so yeah, just roleplay and follow the path that seems natural. Also I look forward to your ToB playthrough. Angelo is pretty quiet through SoA unless you're romancing him, but he contributes quite a bit more in ToB, especially if you have certain people in the party. I'd say more, but it'd be a spoiler...and they're central characters so I have a feeling you'll be taking them anyway.

@Cal: Yeah...I feel pretty old too, realizing the whole of my adult life can be measured by how long BGII has been out, and marking all the games that came after it.

On the subject...on my first playthrough, I remember being terrified the whole time. I fireballed the dryads in Irenicus' dungeon without hearing them out. Which is actually potentially true to the psychology of someone in that situation. Now when I play, I know everything so I just maximize the XP points. Ah, well.

@Squee: ;) I look forward to seeing your efforts; but I do think I made the fight too tough even for experienced players, so we'll see. BGII can be overwhelming with all the things you're supposed to/able to do, so yeah, just roleplay and follow the path that seems natural. Also I look forward to your ToB playthrough. Angelo is pretty quiet through SoA unless you're romancing him, but he contributes quite a bit more in ToB, especially if you have certain people in the party. I'd say more, but it'd be a spoiler...and they're central characters so I have a feeling you'll be taking them anyway.

@Cal: Yeah...I feel pretty old too, realizing the whole of my adult life can be measured by how long BGII has been out, and marking all the games that came after it.

On the subject...on my first playthrough, I remember being terrified the whole time. I fireballed the dryads in Irenicus' dungeon without hearing them out. Which is actually potentially true to the psychology of someone in that situation. Now when I play, I know everything so I just maximize the XP points. Ah, well.

Well I don't blame you - the dryads (or is it sirenes?) in BGI are lethal with their charm spells.

It's been a while since I played BGII - I've been content mining Bioware's newer games, as it happens. But I know BGII is always one I'll go back to.

Well I don't blame you - the dryads (or is it sirenes?) in BGI are lethal with their charm spells.

Extremely so. I remember being quite terrified of the whole seaboard of the sword coast just because of the sirens (or sirines, as the game insists on calling them). ;)

Archived