Ihtafeer & Company

Guest Costello

Guest Costello

Hi,

I'm enjoying this mod very much. Playing as a solo sorcerer, using a rather old version (v8).

I'm wondering if anyone has a sound strategy for beating Ihtafeer & her two friends as a level 13 solo sorcerer. Even using the cheese of running outside whenever they are about to cast a spell until they run out of spells, I end up getting killed in melee. The problem is that they seem immune to every spell I have. Melf's Meteors can theoretically damage them but as a sorcerer my THAC0 seems far too poor. I can't get any one of them hurt enough before I run out of castings of mirror image and stoneskin and then get slaughtered. Ideas? I'm not opposed to using cheese if doing so prevents me from having to wait until I gain levels and then come back.

The spells I have are:

Burning Hands

Magic Missile

Blindness

Charm

Prot from Evil

Glitterdust

Melfs Acid

Mirror Image

Resist Fear

Web

Slow

Melf's Meteors

Remove Magic

Skull Trap

Greater Malison

Minor Sequencer

Animate Dead

Breach

Sunfire

Mislead

True Sight

If you are not using the tweak to allow "breachable" rakshasa this would be very hard for a solo sorcerer - doubly so because Ihtafeer is higher level than you. Only real options for a sorc to damage rakshasas are wilting and incendiary cloud (they're immune to spells < lvl 8).

I think this would be easier if you had spell immunity and globe of invulnerability to counter their web/stinking cloud/teleport field spam. I'd suggest at least wating until lvl 15 to get those + skeleton warriors.

There is also a scroll of Tenser's Transformation in the Rift area of Athkatla, but with only 1 apr meleeing them doesn't look promising... Unless you use the trick of polymorph self (spider) -> dispel claws (from a scroll) -> equip magicical staff -> Tensers cast from a scroll (if you don't mind cheese).

Archived