if you ever wanted a comprehensive cheat key list

Avenger

I didn't find any source on the net that tells me what ctrl-h in ToB would do.

ctrl-h - Selects the next forced wild surge. (Only if [Game Options] Wild Surge Keys = 1).

ctrl-o - Write memory dump in the log file, (Only if [Program Options] Logging On=1)

ctrl-e - Change visual range of targeted PC

So, what about building a complete list in this thread, which could later be added to IESDP?

CTRL-H was mentioned in DSimpson's FAQ/walkthrough.

CTRL+H -- Fixes a wild mage to a specific surge, such that every time he

casts a spell he gets that surge. Setting the Surge Number to 0

undoes the surge fixing and goes back to normal functioning (or

malfunctioning as the case may be). One could be really cheesy

if they wanted and keep a wild mage fixed at the "spell cast at

normal, all spells refreshed as if rested" and keep the entire

spellbook "memorized" off of one Nahal's Reckless Dweomer (since

it would always work). All of the advantages of Sorcerers and

Wizards rolled into one. Really cheesy, as I said. (from Vash)

Note: This affects all magic everywhere, even for enemies, so

use at your own risk.

Whoa, i didn't know we already got the codes (google didn't reveal it).

That is an almost perfect list, i wish i see it before i check them myself.

With the following exceptions:

ctrl-0 doesn't have any function (it does exactly what ctrl-v and ctrl-w would do).

Also some questions:

The bounding box/text box functions don't appear to work in windowed mode?

There used to be an Interact triggering hotkey. Sources are vague about it, some say it is ctrl-u, some say it is ctrl-i.

There used to be an Interact triggering hotkey. Sources are vague about it, some say it is ctrl-u, some say it is ctrl-i.
CTRL-I works, but not everytime. I'd imagine that either all triggers were exhausted (unlikely), or it randomly picks a party member.

For some reason it also types some filename resources in text window?

I'd love to know what those refer to. From observation (trying to trigger all party banters) it looks like CTRL-I randomly chooses party slots and references them via pdialog.2da (npc's not patched into interdia.2da still get banters triggered). For example, testing a banter usually involves CLUA-ing in a series of party members, having them join the party, spamming CTRL-I until all of the potential banters in that combo are exhausted and roubleshot, then swapping in a new party member, rinse, repeat ad-nauseum until every combination has occurred - then moving on to the ones that need other conditions set. But I want to know what is being printed, and how it works.

Whoa, i didn't know we already got the codes (google didn't reveal it).

That is an almost perfect list, i wish i see it before i check them myself.

:-)

I was under the impression, as the IESDP states, that CTRL+I sets the animation to be played by CTRL+L. It also triggers banters occasionally (as mentionned above, it probably loops through all possible banters and fires the actual banter if the conditions are met). If this is the case, it would be a reasonable guess that the filenames displayed are the animation filenames. A 30 second test would confirm/deny this, but I only have 25 seconds to spare.

While we're discussing the debug keys, can we get a more presice definition of CTRL+R - "sets character back to default state; removing all non-permanent effects and restoring health" perhaps?

Also, from memory, CTRL+C doesn't quite work as advertised - in my testing it always played the epilogue for Nalia...

The filenames are vvc filenames, there is no doubt in that. I just don't know how vvc animations are associated with Interacts :)

ctrl-R simply applies opcode 0x11 with param1 = 200 and param2 = 0x30000 on the targeted actor.

I already reported what 0x11 does with its high word of param2 :laugh:

And it is in IESDP too!

ctrl-c plays the textscreen called NALIAND. (the epilogue for Nalia, as you said).

Archived