Valygar Romance

Guest Katewise

Guest Katewise

Hey guys,

I'm playing Big Picture and have both Romantic Encounters and Tortured Souls installed; I didn't realise this would be a problem but I'm playing with Valygar in the group and now realizing that the RE Valygar conversations (much as I enjoyed them) seem to be inhibiting the TS Valygar plot/romance. I'd really like a romance that goes all the way through SoA, so was wondering if anyone knows a way I can take out the Romantic Encounters Valygar section or prevent it triggering so that TS can play?

I really want to avoid trying to reinstall everything all over again, because it often takes me a VERY long time!

Any help would be very very much appreciated, many thanks!

Katewise

TS Valygar and RE Valygar do not interact, so there's no need to worry about it. Technically, it goes like this: if you install Valygar RE romance, you get lots of extra dialogue - that's all. It doesn't switch on/off TS romance, or influence it in any way. (Since RE came after TS, TS Valygar romance doesn't "see" RE, and thus TS isn't influenced by RE). In other words, if there is a problem with TS Valygar Romance, RE is not a part of it.

(Of course, storywise it doesn't make sense to install several Valygar romances at once, but that's the player's choice. After all, much as it creeps me out, some people write Valygar-Imoen romances, and I just can't let Imoen have Valygar, myself, so it's all up to the personal choice).

So, bottom line: if you want to have a SoA-long Valygar romance, go ahead, RE does that. It does not have a "happily ever after" ending - you break up because Valygar is still not ready to have sex+children, as his bloodline is cursed, but he remains in love with you. It's more of a romantic friendship, I guess, as there's no sex. (I got the idea when I wrote "ToB romantic friendship" with Valygar for Xan BG2 mod, when Xan died in one of the paths - different dialogue, same conclusion).

In any case, have fun!

I think the question was how to prevent the RE dialogues to trigger so the two romances don't play both wich would lead to some kind of mix-up content-wise? The dialogues are triggered by "RE_ValygarRomance". As far as I can see, the counter goes up to 37, so if you set this to something higher, the RE romance should be skipped.

But as Kulyok said, it's a series of dialogues (at least 18), so your wish of a romance that goes all teh way through SoA is fulfilled with the RE one, and it does not "prevent" the TS one in any case, coding wise.

For the TS romance, as far as I remember you had to fulfil some criteria to get it running - talk to the right person at the right time with the right item in your inventory, or something [sincere apologies to the author(s) if this is a bad rumor]. It would be wise for you to check whether this isn't the reason why the TS romance doesn't trigger in your case.

Guest Katewise

Hey guys, thanks so much for the fast response! :) Yeah I really like RE's Valygar.. it's sad at the end :laugh: ... but was wanting to see what happened in TS and there's a bit of conflict content-wise as Jastey said... Thanks for the variable... Maybe I am just not talking to the right people... but the flirt option on forcetalking isn't initating either... and there's hardly any information available for TS - they've made the forum for it premium content at forums.blackwyrmlair.net so difficult to get support. They do say in FAQ that it's mainly driven by play time (i've tried AdvanceRealTime) or resting outdoors, etc... but no joy. Must be a bug unrelated to RE!

Sorry guys, know it's nothing to do with your mod, but thanks for the help... Just don't know where to search now for tips... :s

Katewise

I have to admit that my motivation to digg through the code of TS to see what your problem might be is about zero. Maybe there are some hints in the readme, or even some more explicit help like other mods have with "romance guids" and stuff (if you search the mod folder)? Or if you find the author's email address in the package, you could try and email him. Good luck anyhow!

Archived