BG1NPC V 6 bugs

Domi

I will put the chapter check on Khalid's script, no problem.

What I have discovered recently is that compiling a BAF (which the TP2 does) for an area will remove any current script for that area.

Uhm, I am not sure how that would work because when you COMPILE the script that is later appended to an AREA's BSC via EXTEND_TOP it is not referenced to the ARE's BSC file in the game whatsoever.

If you COMPILE a script named AR1000.baf, WeiDU will compile it and place it in the override--deleting the existing AR1000.bcs. If you later EXTEND AR1000.bcs, it doesn't matter since you've already overwritten AR1000.bcs when you compiled your script.

If you COMPILE a script named AR1000.baf, WeiDU will compile it and place it in the override--deleting the existing AR1000.bcs. If you later EXTEND AR1000.bcs, it doesn't matter since you've already overwritten AR1000.bcs when you compiled your script.

Exactly. I think that is what happened here. So far, only one area is effected by this (still checking others). I posted a fix over on the FW forum. The only other solution would be to install this mod first and have DSotSC append your script. Unfortunately, I don't expect most players to install in the "proper" order to do this.

I've tracked down the conflict. From the tp2 for BG1 NPC:

COMPILE ~BG1NPC/Phase2/BAF/X#FW4300.baf~

//PatchingAreaScript
COPY_EXISTING ~FW4300.ARE~ ~override/FW4300.are~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~X#FW4300~// area script

Tutu area FW4300 is AR3200 for BGT. I would suggest that BG1 NPC use the standard naming convention when assigning scripts to areas; i.e. _AR4300.bcs. (The mod does this on all other area patching except for here. :cry: ) That way everyone can patch the area and EXTEND the script and everything gets along regardless of install order. So instead we should use:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~_AR4300.bcs~ ~BG1NPC/Phase2/BAF/X#FW4300.baf~

//PatchingAreaScript
COPY_EXISTING ~FW4300.ARE~ ~override/FW4300.are~
WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~_AR4300~// area script

and for the tp2 header:

ALLOW_MISSING ~_AR4300.bcs~

At the moment, only the mod installed last will have a working script for ths area due to the conflict.

It's not required--if you try to EXTEND a script that is not present WeiDU spits out a warning but installs just fine. With the script included in ALLOW_MISSING, it suppresses the warning.

I do it so I don't get any 'OMG WANRING ON INTSALL!!!!!1111' bug reports.

Okay to me. Would this make the ARE file refer to a BCS file called "_AR4300" or would it refer to "AR4300"? Since I need to merge in the DSotSC script here, I want to make sure they both will go into the same script, whatever it's name is.

By the way, Kagain's area (AR6900) works fine. The TP2 extended the current script correctly. The other areas didn't have area scripts so they never had problems.

_AR4300.BCS if we are to preserve TUTU re-naming of scripts.

Hmm, okay I guess. :cry: Remember that we have other mods installed in the BGT world and the underscore "_" is not consistant here. There may be other conflicts later on when more mods become available. I understand the need for this in Tutu but the BGT and SOA world don't use this prefix on area scripts (that I am aware of) and any SOA/TOB mod can effect the BG1 world depending on what it modifies. Otherwise, this mod rocks! :D

I do not understand what you guys want from me then. You do not like when I assign a custom script name, and you do not like when I use the standartized script name... I cannot rename areal scripts to have them the same as BGT because it is going to create a terrible mess, with ARE names being different from the script name (aside from not wanting to ever deal with BGT). It's not that i love underscores or anything, but I think if I follow the same pattern as TUTU does everywhere it's going to improve the compatibility since people would know for sure how the script is called in every area (ie Area number prevenued by the underscore).

Sorry, I guess I was making a bad assumption here since I started this topic about compatibility with other BGT mods. Yes, we have it covered, keep your naming convention as is, the TP2 for a BGT install will rename to the approppriate BGT area names. My original issue was of how the script got installed, but CamDawg found the problem. I think we are all clear now.

So I stayed at Feldepost's inn my first night in town, and Montaron still felt the need to light up a fire right there on the floor and cook us our dinner. You'd think a meal would be included with the Royal Rooms package, yeah? :cry:

I suggest a check to see if the party is not indoors when running that dialogue.

Archived