Question about Golems and immunity to Lower Resistance

Sayne

So, hopefully I don't instantly embarrass myself with this question.

I would love to install the Smarter Golems and especially the Improved Minor Encounters parts of this mod, but the fact that they grant Golems immunity to "Lower Resistance" has always been a deal-breaker for me. My favorite tactic when dealing with golems, because I find fighting them to be a chore, is to lower their MR and drop three, four Skull Traps / Horrid Wiltings on them till they die. Not installing these components prevents me from having the cool additions of the better Iron Golem cloud attack animation, and the upgraded fights of Improved Minor encounters, but would prevent me from using my favorite, time / annoyance saving tactic.

I know from reading the readme of Spell Revisions mod, there are ways of tweaking the installer files of WeiDU mods to prevent certain spell changes being installed. Could this method be used to prevent the immunity to Lower Resistance from being installed in SCS II, or is the coding too complicated to easily exempt the immunity?

I know enough about WeiDU mods not to go blindly poking around a text file lest I accidentally add a period somewhere and screw everything up.

Thanks

Could this method be used to prevent the immunity to Lower Resistance from being installed in SCS II, or is the coding too complicated to easily exempt the immunity?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all you'd need to do to prevent 'Improved Golems' from installing those immunities to Lower Resistance (et al.) would be to comment out lines 39-46 in scsii\misc\golem.tph, like so...

/* SPRINT ~immune_to_this~ ~SPIN948~
	LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~grant_spell_immunity~
	SPRINT ~immune_to_this~ ~SPWI514~
	SPRINT ~immune_to_this~ ~SPWI608~
	SPRINT ~immune_to_this~ ~SPWI805~
	LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~grant_spell_immunity~ */

I don't think 'Improved Minor Encounters' does anything to golems, though... does it?

It's certainly worth a try.

According to the SCSII readme (and previous experience with the component) Improved Minor Encounters adds the immunity to golems.

Thanks for the info, Igneous. And sorry for being kinda whiny, DavidW. Your mod rocks, I just dislike this component of a component.

It's certainly worth a try.

According to the SCSII readme (and previous experience with the component) Improved Minor Encounters adds the immunity to golems.

I think the readme is slightly out of date.

Thanks for the info, Igneous. And sorry for being kinda whiny, DavidW. Your mod rocks, I just dislike this component of a component.

No apology needed.

Archived